Sponsored by:

Nismo 350z w/.....Lambo doors

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 04:08 PM
VertexFightR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo 350z w/.....Lambo doors

Steve's Nismo-everything 350z.

The frame of the lower A-pillar was slightly bent due to excessively pulling outwards on the door. Too many people forget they are converted and try to pull them open the regular distance. This causes the front of the door to make contact with the fender when opening...a common problem with lambo doors.

Steel plates must be welded in place under the lambo bracket in order to maintain a constant distance from the frame, as well as prevent further damage.

Welded, deburred, and sealed. As well upgraded 650 lb. shocks, that actually lift the doors without assistance in moderate to high temperatures. A combination of the welded brackets along with custom washers and nutz results in a door that will sway less in windy conditions..

Refreshed and ready to show-off again.....

Last edited by VertexFightR; 08-12-2005 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 02:19 AM
liquidsilver350

ok, so how much?
Old 08-13-2005, 02:38 AM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sweet ride.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:11 AM
VertexFightR

about $3000 including labor. That is for the LSD kit, which is warranteed for life. LSD-doors.com
Old 08-13-2005, 10:51 AM
MTL_Z

Beautiful, absoulutely beautiful.
I was wondering. For people who have never been in your car before, do they find it difficult to open/close the doors? And also, because they're not used to opening and closing it vertically, they may do it improperly, does it cause excessive wear and tear that could damage the door?
Old 08-13-2005, 03:18 PM
VertexFightR

opening the doors is always easy. Closing them from inside the car is a bit trickier. Users SHOULD DEFINITELY inform anyone attempting to get in the car, or damage could result just like the damage shown above. The metal plates I welded in dissipates the pressure of the bracket over a larger surface area, making it difficult to cause further damage to the frame.

This kit works great. However, it certainly is possible to cause damage if you're careless regardless which kit you buy
Old 08-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can't see where the damage is. could you repost, circling the damage? i guess there is no fix that would prevent the door from swinging out too far?
Old 08-13-2005, 08:58 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

Originally Posted by MTL_Z
Beautiful, absoulutely beautiful.
I was wondering. For people who have never been in your car before, do they find it difficult to open/close the doors? And also, because they're not used to opening and closing it vertically, they may do it improperly, does it cause excessive wear and tear that could damage the door?
I normally don't even tell people the doors open up. I alert them that the door doesn't swing out fully and then show them how to operate it a few times. When they ask if the door is broken, I just tell them yes. After showing them a few times, I make sure to remind them the next 3-4 times before they open the doors themselves.

That usually works. But sometimes you get valets who are in a rush, don't listen, and BAM! Tearjerker. Then you've also got the occasional shop guy who doesn't remember or it's just some guy that doesn't normally drive your car in and WHAM! (I normally avoid going to new places, and like to make sure I know exactly who will be driving my car if I'm not the one driving it in myself....but you know...stuff happens)
Old 08-13-2005, 08:59 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

Originally Posted by Z BOY
i can't see where the damage is. could you repost, circling the damage? i guess there is no fix that would prevent the door from swinging out too far?
See where the welds were made? Imagine that area pushed in too far.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:19 AM
VertexFightR

Default lambo door mini-faq/opinion

Originally Posted by EnthuZiastDrive
See where the welds were made? Imagine that area pushed in too far.
Actually, although that too would seem to make sense, the welded area is not where the damage/bending occurred. The area is pictured in the first photo and a little of the second. It would be on the furthermost right side of the bracket (driver side), where the bolts actually mount the bracket to the car. Technically, the plane of sheet metal that the 4 mounting bolts attach to on the car has slightly shifted on it's vertical axis, with the rear-most edge of the plane being pulled out towards the driver's side. As a result, the opposite side of the bracket (left side, pictured) is pushed in towards the passenger. The plates are installed in order to keep that gap exactly the same all the time. True, one could still pull hard as s#*t and bend the metal behind the welded bracket even more, but that would take an extreme force, in my opinion a force greater than the average force used to open a door fully. The thickness of the welded bracket is what enables pressure to be applied to the bracket at all times, eliminating (or greatly reducing) the swaying action most lambo-owners dread.

There is no such thing as a lambo conversion that is resistant to all forms of idiocy. There is no such thing as a car that can withstand the abuse from it's owner or passengers if they choose to neglect it or allow it to be abused. I forgot which person it was, but they said it well when they basically warn everyone 3 or 4 times before they even let them close the doors themselves. I can't even count the number of times I told the passenger "it's broke, just slide in." It only takes one time for the valet guy to damage the door. I mean, he's so excited to be driving my car in the first place, he certainly can't concentrate on being excited AND opening the door carefully at the same time. VALET ATTENDANTS ALWAYS DAMAGE LAMBO DOORS.

Even after all the whining, I STILL have lambo doors on virtually all my cars. The appeal is too great for me. I have been building car models and modifying cars since I was 3. I have modified cars professionally for 8 years to this month. Of all the reasons people go to get their cars modified, there is one constant, one universal consensus. People do it to express themselves in their own way, style, demeanor. Of all the turbos, superchargers, custom widebodies, head/taillight conversions, suede interiors, and track cars I've built, no other modification even comes close in comparison to the appeal of the lambo doors.

Most anybody who witnesses it's action is immediately mesmerized. They automatically give you the benefit of the doubt of being a nice person and come over and start talking to you, telling you it's the baddest car they've ever seen. Then they ask me what kind of car it is. hahahhaha. 1993 Honda Civic CX-T. hahahahaha. 1995 240sx-T. 2001 Integra GSR-T. All with lambo doors. I am willing to adjust my life around my cars because I love them so much. When I go to a nice restaurant.....I let the valet guy know that I'll park the car myself, and give him a tip for understanding.

Last edited by VertexFightR; 08-14-2005 at 05:24 AM.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:22 AM
VertexFightR

oh ****!!!!! that was you Steve! hahahah. I was wondering, who is this enthusiast drive guy who's car looks exactly like Steve's. hahahah. I admit it, I am partially retarded.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:28 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

Originally Posted by VertexFightR
oh ****!!!!! that was you Steve! hahahah. I was wondering, who is this enthusiast drive guy who's car looks exactly like Steve's. hahahah. I admit it, I am partially retarded.
LOL all gravy Steve
Old 08-14-2005, 09:18 AM
ZinFla

is it me or does that appear to NOT be a nismo kit. im not knockin the car its nice but those arent nismo parts from the looks of the front lip and the fake intake duct looking thing on the side skirts.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:33 AM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

Originally Posted by ZinFla
is it me or does that appear to NOT be a nismo kit. im not knockin the car its nice but those arent nismo parts from the looks of the front lip and the fake intake duct looking thing on the side skirts.
Yeah, Steve was just thinking about my s-tune suspension, sway bars, intake, rims...please forgive him :P
Old 08-14-2005, 10:03 AM
ZinFla

heh its ok i just wanted to make sure, bc he was posting it in the nismo body kit threads and could confuse some ppl interested in the kit.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:49 PM
VertexFightR

oh you're right. sorry about that. For some reason....well, a reason I don't know. I warned all of you I was partially retarded.
Old 08-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Z350Lover

the doors look nice!!!

cheers,

richie
Old 08-15-2005, 04:37 AM
PumpedVA

Steve see you in a few hours buddy. I am leaving richmond in about 30min heading your way. should be there by 11am or so. but you know how I 95 can be sometime hehe well all the time .

will have paint , fiber glass door panals and my vert kit with me. Need to talk about a few more mods I need done to