Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blue Led Interior Conversion Finished

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Acree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UHATEIT
PM sent. I have been reading this but am having trouble finding any info on doing that guage cluster or if you absolutely have to guy overlays or not. Any pics of the guage cluster taken apart? Either way, let me know on a PM if ok. Thanks Acree!
New gauge faces are required. I don't have pictures of the gauges taken apart.

Originally Posted by Matt8200
Has anyone seen this: color changing tachometer

Its so much cooler than the blinking red light.

When are you going to try something like this Acree?
The answer is probably never. That would require a stand alone controller, and wiring in RGB leds. That is much more trouble than I can justify, and plus no one has asked for it with a conversion yet.

-Acree
Old 02-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Kens350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Seller,
I would like to change the LED lighting of only one of the Three Center Gauges. The one that tells you the tempature, speed, ect.

It lights up orange and I would like it to light up white, the other gauges I am replacing with Defi Gauges.

How much would you charge to make that one gauge light up white?

Matosk@iconlabinc.com or PM here.

Thanks.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:14 PM
r0mey
350Z-holic

this thread will never die
Old 02-11-2008, 04:33 AM
DraGonAlchemist

damn pretty tight. .i wanted to do something like this way back. .but thought it would blind me while driving. .Is the blue bright or is it just the picture's that show it bright?. .
I do have a ? though. .i want to install a PLX dm100 A/F gauge where my Volt meter is. .does anyone know if i remove the V Gauge and leave it unplugged if i'll get a CEL, or make the car run bad due to ECu not seeing voltage through the gauge? my PLX shows Volts as well this is why i wanna put it there Stock Look. . .

?????????????????????????????
Old 02-11-2008, 09:14 AM
geddy lee

Okay, I know this is an old thread but I would like to have this blue LED conversion done . Problem is I don't have the time or expertise but would gladly pay to have this done. I can't stand the orange lights any more. I had the greenish stock lights in my Supra converted to blue and I loved the way it looked. Anyone here willing to do this for money? Thanks
Old 02-11-2008, 10:55 AM
TBDesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by geddy lee
Okay, I know this is an old thread but I would like to have this blue LED conversion done . Problem is I don't have the time or expertise but would gladly pay to have this done. I can't stand the orange lights any more. I had the greenish stock lights in my Supra converted to blue and I loved the way it looked. Anyone here willing to do this for money? Thanks
Same here offering cash!
Old 02-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Acree

Thanks for all of the compliments. For you guys who are interested in this conversion, I am now a sponsor on these forums and do this regularly for members. There is pricing and information in the thread linked in my signature. Check out the thread, and shoot me an email if you are interested.

Originally Posted by DraGonAlchemist
does anyone know if i remove the V Gauge and leave it unplugged if i'll get a CEL, or make the car run bad due to ECu not seeing voltage through the gauge?
It will not through a CEL or anything if you remove the stock voltage gauge.

-Acree
Old 02-12-2008, 03:16 AM
DraGonAlchemist

Originally Posted by Acree
Thanks for all of the compliments. For you guys who are interested in this conversion, I am now a sponsor on these forums and do this regularly for members. There is pricing and information in the thread linked in my signature. Check out the thread, and shoot me an email if you are interested.

-Acree
thanx!
Old 04-19-2008, 06:33 AM
daburch

Default Subscription Post

Subscription Post
Old 05-06-2008, 04:25 PM
steppinrazor

Originally Posted by Acree

-Acree
hey, i have been looking into doing this myself but with the little experiance i have i dont want to f*ck anything up... you said the pricing info is in your sig but im not seein a sig, could you hook me up with that link.. your work looks f*ckin awsome dude
Old 05-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Acree

I am no longer a sponsor. I don't really have the time anymore.

-Acree
Old 05-07-2008, 12:52 PM
psytropic

that sucks man, would you be willing to post a how to?
Old 05-10-2008, 07:01 AM
Mike M

Originally Posted by Matt8200
Has anyone seen this: color changing tachometer

Its so much cooler than the blinking red light.

When are you going to try something like this Acree?

I think you could probably wire something up with some sort of switching or relay with the OEM Tach light so that you can still set the tach light with the oem controls and use a bi color LED, Once the Tach light switches on have it cut the power to the 1st input (main color) and switch it to the 2nd input (Tach Lights color). Not sure if the OEM Tach light is pulsed or a flashing LED though. Although if it is in fact pulsed and not a flashing LED it would be kinda cool having the lighting switching back and forth to alert you to shift.
Old 05-10-2008, 07:09 AM
Mike M

Also after watching that Video of the color changing Tach, you can see that the white backlighting is still lit, so as long as you have a clear (not color tinted) gauge face you could simply wire up a 2nd LED for the Tach light and (depending on how its configured) use the stock tach light output to control the 2nd color LED's or use a Tach light module from MSD or someone else that allows you to set the Tach light turn on RPM and wire up its outputs to the 2nd set of LED's.

I don't think you'd have to use RGB LED's unless you wanted a few colors, a cool idea would be a tach that is color 1 up to say 3300rpm, then 3300 to say 5500 is color 2 and 5500 on is color 3.

I was at one point thinking of doing something like Acree's dash LED mod but with a custom RGB controller I'm working on and be able to change the color of your whole dash lighting in a matter of seconds, just have to figure in a way to dim the outputs and wire it in to the oem controls. That might have to wait until this winter though.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:30 AM
OPTIMO

Congrats. It looks like the inside of a Jetta.
Old 06-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Sablelieger

Ooh! Me likey!
Old 12-29-2008, 10:51 AM
bgl1

I have seen some kits on the internet that say they change the gauge cluster to blue without changing the faces. Does the orange of the stock faceplate give the blue LED's a funny color? I want to try this but am not terribly good at electrical. How hard is this going to be to pull off in my driveway over a weekend?
Old 12-29-2008, 05:25 PM
kroe

I am in the process of doing this. If as you say you are not good at electrical I wouldn't even think of doing it.

I bought the ebay LED kit, and it came with the LEDs necessary, but the instructions are far from being enough to pull it off.

I would not consider this unless you have very good soldering skills, a decent understanding of electricity, and good research skills. Even with all of the above it takes lots of care and time.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:16 PM
BaZooKa

Originally Posted by psytropic
that sucks man, would you be willing to post a how to?
+1
Old 12-30-2008, 10:48 AM
bgl1

Originally Posted by kroe
I am in the process of doing this. If as you say you are not good at electrical I wouldn't even think of doing it.

I bought the ebay LED kit, and it came with the LEDs necessary, but the instructions are far from being enough to pull it off.

I would not consider this unless you have very good soldering skills, a decent understanding of electricity, and good research skills. Even with all of the above it takes lots of care and time.
Damn.

Quick Reply: Blue Led Interior Conversion Finished