Blue Led Interior Conversion Finished

Old 02-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Fletch69z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that's awesome Acree! Nice work!
Old 03-02-2006, 11:17 AM
herbrock17

Hmmm, I'd wanna do that but I wish Acree didn't have a life or a job so he could mass produce something that is plug and play (haha, kidding) as I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be willing to pay for materials and his labor costs for soldering each LED to each resistor, etc. Maybe some day.....

I did a blue keypad LED with a white LED face on my Nokia 8260 about 5 years ago. Remember the 8260 was the one that you couldn't just snap on the faceplates or swap out the LED board like its predecessor, the Nokia 5160 and 6160.

I paid my old store manager when I worked at Radio Shack to do the soldering. He did a good job and it worked real nice for a few months.

Next thing you know, I'm driving down the highway at my phone goes off by itself. It's fully charged and I'm wondering what that burnt marshmallow smell is?? I turn on the phone and then it turns off once again...I then see smoke coming from the battery, which I take off ASAP and fling it out the window.

Good thing I had insurance on that phone. I just told them I lost it...but imagine that burnt marshmallow smoking thing happening to my 350Z!?!? I'd cry!!!

I did alot of "homemade" mods myself on my old car (1998 Toyota Corolla- very ricey) like painting my dash inserts blue, installing a Zex N2O 55 shot kit, etc..............but I told myself I was going to do everything right this time around. Every lightbulb, every mod, anything done to the car- service or oil change, etc I have a paper trail of receipts from the place that did it. I don't trust myself, especially with a car that costs DOUBLE the Toyota Corolla I had did.....peace all
Old 03-02-2006, 12:18 PM
DeZi_chokro
Banned

dang i wish could that acree. very nice!!!!! blue is my favorite!, so alex at blackcatcustom.com helped you out with this stuff like what to order and all that stuff? i will pm you!
Old 03-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Acree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by herbrock17
Hmmm, I'd wanna do that but I wish Acree didn't have a life or a job so he could mass produce something that is plug and play (haha, kidding) as I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be willing to pay for materials and his labor costs for soldering each LED to each resistor, etc. Maybe some day.....

I did a blue keypad LED with a white LED face on my Nokia 8260 about 5 years ago. Remember the 8260 was the one that you couldn't just snap on the faceplates or swap out the LED board like its predecessor, the Nokia 5160 and 6160.

I paid my old store manager when I worked at Radio Shack to do the soldering. He did a good job and it worked real nice for a few months.

Next thing you know, I'm driving down the highway at my phone goes off by itself. It's fully charged and I'm wondering what that burnt marshmallow smell is?? I turn on the phone and then it turns off once again...I then see smoke coming from the battery, which I take off ASAP and fling it out the window.

Good thing I had insurance on that phone. I just told them I lost it...but imagine that burnt marshmallow smoking thing happening to my 350Z!?!? I'd cry!!!

I did alot of "homemade" mods myself on my old car (1998 Toyota Corolla- very ricey) like painting my dash inserts blue, installing a Zex N2O 55 shot kit, etc..............but I told myself I was going to do everything right this time around. Every lightbulb, every mod, anything done to the car- service or oil change, etc I have a paper trail of receipts from the place that did it. I don't trust myself, especially with a car that costs DOUBLE the Toyota Corolla I had did.....peace all
Haha, I can assure you that your Z will not have a "burnt marshmellow" smell with this conversion. I've yet to have any issues with mine.

Originally Posted by DeZi_chokro
dang i wish could that acree. very nice!!!!! blue is my favorite!, so alex at blackcatcustom.com helped you out with this stuff like what to order and all that stuff? i will pm you!
No, all of the parts and stuff I researched myself. Alex is the guy who makes the gauge faces for me, and does a good job at it.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:23 AM
IluvIt

What's up man! I'm fanally home this week and had all the LED supplies ready for this project. Anyways, I finished it tonight and have some good pics. Check em out here https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/163220-blue-leds-on-digital-guage.html.

Thanks for your help!
Tom
Old 03-21-2006, 11:49 AM
Acree

Originally Posted by IluvIt
What's up man! I'm fanally home this week and had all the LED supplies ready for this project. Anyways, I finished it tonight and have some good pics. Check em out here https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=163220.

Thanks for your help!
Tom

Dude nice job! Congrats on finally getting the project finished.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:19 PM
armt350z

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

very nice!
Old 04-11-2006, 10:13 PM
Acree

::UPDATE:: 4/11/06

I decided to switch out my gauge faces to white with blue lettering. Visibility is greatly improved during the day time.

-Acree
Attached Thumbnails Blue Led Interior Conversion Finished-p4090028.jpg   Blue Led Interior Conversion Finished-p4090029.jpg   Blue Led Interior Conversion Finished-p4090032.jpg   Blue Led Interior Conversion Finished-p4090035.jpg  
Old 04-11-2006, 10:51 PM
usmanasif

The gauges look nice! Did you get them from NR auto? I like their aluminum-face gauges as well.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:58 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Simply awesome man
Old 04-12-2006, 01:33 AM
Acree

Originally Posted by usmanasif
The gauges look nice! Did you get them from NR auto? I like their aluminum-face gauges as well.
Nope. BlackCatCustom.com.

Thanks for the compliments.

-Acree
Old 04-13-2006, 03:16 PM
13THL

Looks like a tedious job...
How did you find out where all the leds where and what type ?
Did you have some sort of detailed service manual ?
Old 04-13-2006, 03:21 PM
John@Victory

mine will be done and installed soon! black faces/ blue lighting baby!
Old 04-13-2006, 04:11 PM
Acree

Originally Posted by 13THL
Looks like a tedious job...
How did you find out where all the leds where and what type ?
Did you have some sort of detailed service manual ?
Nope, I took each of the components apart several times until I had narrowed all the parts down.

Originally Posted by John@Victory
mine will be done and installed soon! black faces/ blue lighting baby!
John your conversion will begin as soon as I receive your pieces.

-Acree
Old 04-13-2006, 04:14 PM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by Acree
Nope, I took each of the components apart several times until I had narrowed all the parts down.

John your conversion will begin as soon as I receive your pieces.

-Acree
wifey doing the post office thing tomorrow for me. usps priority mail w delivery confirmation and 1k in insurance with a little "cake " taped to the instrament cluster. i will be paypaling one last payment to you before you finish them. just trying to get the honey dont know money transferd into the account to send to you... lol
Old 04-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Acree

wifey doing the post office thing tomorrow for me. usps priority mail w delivery confirmation and 1k in insurance with a little "cake " taped to the instrament cluster. i will be paypaling one last payment to you before you finish them. just trying to get the honey dont know money transferd into the account to send to you... lol
Hah, understandable. Wait until the wife sees it back in the car. She'll be impressed I promise. You never realize just how ugly the amber is until you see the blue installed in the car.

-Acree
Old 04-14-2006, 02:03 PM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by Acree
Hah, understandable. Wait until the wife sees it back in the car. She'll be impressed I promise. You never realize just how ugly the amber is until you see the blue installed in the car.

-Acree

he he. she doesnt ride in it. if she did i would then be able to build value in the work your doing and make it easier to take the money out of joint checking...lol

got the paypal today for the rest right?
Old 04-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Acree

he he. she doesnt ride in it. if she did i would then be able to build value in the work your doing and make it easier to take the money out of joint checking...lol

got the paypal today for the rest right?
Yup, everything's taken care of. Thanks John.

-Acree
Old 05-20-2006, 06:02 AM
gec

Good work my fellow LED Nissan brother --- We've been doing these upgrades to the max and the altima --- too bad I didn't find this info last year we could have shared some info --- I like the fact that you have the ability to do different gauge faces --- the market hasn't been to open to the Maxima...lol --- anyway here are some pics of some upgrades we've done for customers

Old 05-20-2006, 08:41 AM
Acree

GEC - Very nice work. I love the white, it looks very clean. Just one question, how do you plan on combating the hot spots?

I recently found a way to get 100% even light distribution. It's awesome! I've been looking for a solution for over a year. Now, hot spots are a thing of the past.

-Acree

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blue Led Interior Conversion Finished