Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fiberglass kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 11:23 PM
LiLxDooD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiberglass kit

Hey guys, I am about to buy a fiberglass replica Ings +1 half kit. I was just curious tho, since its a replica fiberglass will it still look exactly like the genuine urethane one? I saw pictures of the fiberglass kit and it looks kinda thin, so will it look as good as the urethane one once mounted on the car?
Old 01-27-2006, 01:37 AM
r26

i heard that there are some fitment issues. the kit is much cheaper, but you might have to spend more to get it to fit right
Old 01-27-2006, 02:15 AM
Dubai

^^ r26 is correct. you'll have to spend more money to make replica bodykits fit. Plus fiberglass sucks if you ask me, it cracks fast. Save your money and get the real kit
Old 01-27-2006, 11:03 AM
bbhiznors

where are you going to buy this at...the only one i have seen was at 350zforums.org and there are tons of issues w/ those guys i want to get the half kit replica too
Old 01-27-2006, 11:06 AM
jimmytango00

i just got some impul replicas from a private seller...he got them from the 350zforums... just by looking at the sides i can tell there might be some fitment issues and they also need prep... i got them for 150$ so i still wont lose much to get them to fit
Old 01-27-2006, 06:09 PM
.Sin.

Depend on ur luck....

but expect to spent "some" money on it...
Old 01-28-2006, 07:38 AM
illudezion

BTW not even the Auth. Ings kit comes in urethane. I went with a replica just for that reason. I wasn't going to pay $2000+ for an Auth fiberglass kit. I work with fiberglass so i'm able to save some money doing the prep work my self. i ended up going with the half kit made by Extreme Dimensions thinking since they are more replicable company it would have a decent fit. I was completely wrong. NOTHING fit every piece was to short and needed 1" added to each side of the front and rear lip. side i haven't started on yet but will keep you guys posted
Old 01-28-2006, 08:17 AM
jimmytango00

Originally Posted by illudezion
BTW not even the Auth. Ings kit comes in urethane. I went with a replica just for that reason. I wasn't going to pay $2000+ for an Auth fiberglass kit. I work with fiberglass so i'm able to save some money doing the prep work my self. i ended up going with the half kit made by Extreme Dimensions thinking since they are more replicable company it would have a decent fit. I was completely wrong. NOTHING fit every piece was to short and needed 1" added to each side of the front and rear lip. side i haven't started on yet but will keep you guys posted

yeah i bought a lip from ED and it was a nightmare...shop told me just to take it back. ... i just bought impul sides and they need to get prep.. but i only spend 150 on them wich is not bad.. i havent tried them on but i can tell there might be some fitment issues but they dont look too bad. ...how much do you think they'll charge aside from paint to modify it to fit if they have to? im guessing like an extra 50-150 depending on how bad..? is that about right?
Old 01-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Originally Posted by scarface9
^^ r26 is correct. you'll have to spend more money to make replica bodykits fit. Plus fiberglass sucks if you ask me, it cracks fast. Save your money and get the real kit
you have any fact/s to back up this statement? I changed 3 kits in one year not because they crack. I changed them because i got bored of it. The cost of one real kit give me a chance to have 3. Tell me about it.

If you don't have aftermarket kit, please don't make statement such as:

1. you'll have to spend more money to make replica bodykits fit.
2. fiberglass sucks if you ask me, it cracks fast.

WHY? because even with real kit, you still have to modify them to fit and if they crack, check your driving skill again.

Last edited by Bubble; 01-28-2006 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:06 PM
jimmytango00

[QUOTE=Bubble]you have any fact to back up this statement? I changed 3 kits in one year not because they crack. I changed them because i got bored of it. The cost of one real kit give me a chance to have 3. Tell me about it.

WHY? because even with real kit, you still have to modify them to

+1 i just got my impul sides replicas for 150 and the my shop quoted me $400 to modify if their are fitment issues and paint. so all in all i'll spend $550 not bad eh? .
Old 01-28-2006, 08:24 PM
Grommit

I recently bought a replica Nismo front bumper made out of fiber glass. The fitment was 95% as good as the OEM bumper. The quality is far greater than I expected from a replica. Now I just need to get some replica side skirts and rear and I'm all set.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:34 PM
jimmytango00

Originally Posted by Grommit
I recently bought a replica Nismo front bumper made out of fiber glass. The fitment was 95% as good as the OEM bumper. The quality is far greater than I expected from a replica. Now I just need to get some replica side skirts and rear and I'm all set.

where did you get the replica from? im picking one up from creative autoworks on monday. (nismo front) and then in a few months im getting the impul rear from the aswell
Old 01-28-2006, 09:20 PM
illudezion

Originally Posted by Bubble
you have any fact/s to back up this statement? I changed 3 kits in one year not because they crack. I changed them because i got bored of it. The cost of one real kit give me a chance to have 3. Tell me about it.

WHY? because even with real kit, you still have to modify them to fit and if they crack, check your driving skill again.

+1