Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Comfortable Or Not Comfortable

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003 | 09:25 AM
sonny

Default Comfortable Or Not Comfortable

i WAS WONDERING IF THE 350 Z IS COMFORTABLE AFTER AWHILE OR NOT BECAUSE I AM BUYING IT DONT KNOW IF IT IS COMFORTABLE
Old 01-30-2003 | 10:08 AM
kakey

First day I bought it, I drove it for 7 hours without getting out of the car. I find it quite comfortable myself and I have lower back problems.

The cars sold in Canada are a little different than those in the States but I have the leather, heated seats.

I find the seats quite comfortable although I believe I have seen one post on the lack of lower back support ... I have lower back issues and it has more than sufficient support for me.

The cockpit is rather roomie for a sports car, the most roomie of all the sports cars I test drove and more roomie, in my opinion, than the G35 sports coupe.

All in all the only things that I might complain about comfort wise are:

1. Tossing your left arm up on the window sill leaves your arm a little high ... common in sports cars.

2. No center arm rest, I am one of those people who gravitates towards the gear shift at all times with my right hand in case something happens and a center arm rest option would be nice. That said, I find what is currently there pretty comfortable but an armrest would be nicer

These are pretty trivial things ... i am pretty much grasping at straws really but these are the two things I have noticed, the first causes me a slight inconvience and the second is really a matter of personal preference.

Regards,
Kevin

Last edited by kakey; 01-30-2003 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-30-2003 | 10:12 AM
DumbGenius

How does the car drive in the rainy season? I assume this is the rainy season in the West Coast region(Victoria).
Old 01-30-2003 | 10:27 AM
kakey

Not too badly all in all although I do not have a lot of confidence in the tires. Not simply from the posts here but from several personal experiences.

The rain gives you a fair amount of kick up into the rear wheel wells which translates to some noise in the reat hatchback area. It is not too bad, turn the stereo on and you will not hear it anymore but it is noticable.

I have deliberately kicked the **** end out a couple of times on wet pavement to play with the handling and the traction control systems. All in all I am pretty satisfied with the vehicle performance in wet weather.

However that said, I have slid several times on corners that I was not taking at excessive speeds and I was not expecting to slide ... worse it was not just a brief slide before the tires regained traction but a sustained slide for some time without the traction control systems even noticing.

This behaviour coupled with other peoples experiences and the general consensus on the tires has me looking into purchasing an alternative tire. It does however irritate me that I am about to drop $2400 Cdn on tires because I do not consider the stock tires to be safe to drive with.

Regards,
Kevin
Old 01-30-2003 | 11:02 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic
Premier Member

In response to the base comfort question:

The Z is very comfortable for me. I've put 1200 miles on it on all types of roads. I'm 6'2" & 220 lbs. Actually, I feel better in the Z than our Highlander SUV. There is a lack of lower back support in the Z but I solved it with an adjustable cushion from Brookstone.

Even my "pansy" of a wife says the Z rides quite well. High prraise!! LOL.
Old 01-31-2003 | 04:46 AM
sonny

hey thanks for the reponses i was wondering about another thing has there any major mechnical problems evey come up with the z
Old 01-31-2003 | 04:59 AM
alphared

yeah theres a major mechnical problem! when you step on the pedal on the right hard, the car goes really fast all of a sudden

go for a test drive, thats better than any suggestions or opinions here!

The Z has its problems as do every new car, this is the first new Z. you can't do better given the price range.
Old 01-31-2003 | 06:51 AM
sonny

how much did you guys pay for your cars and what models you guys got
Old 01-31-2003 | 08:12 AM
alphared

?? prices are listed on nissan's site. you won't be able to buy one cheaper than listed, good luck on trying to even get one at that price.
Old 01-31-2003 | 11:36 AM
rouxeny

It's not comfortable at all. My face hurts after I drive it. I think I smile too much.
Old 01-31-2003 | 11:43 AM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker
Premier Member

Originally posted by rouxeny
It's not comfortable at all. My face hurts after I drive it. I think I smile too much.
Agreed. Its uncomfortable to drive during the day when theres all those things blocking you're way (other drivers). It gets comfortable on an empty highway. WAY too comfortable.