Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

INGS LX/Half Kit: Received and Being Installed *PIX*

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006 | 07:24 PM
Will Pwr

Originally Posted by BhashaZ
Hahah...."Willie" I guess. "*****" just sounded wrong. But anyways, excellent choice! Are you going with the full kit or just the front bumper? Keep us posted on that too!
Will do....I was going to wait till my debut...but yeah, Im going full kit

...good pics...your car is looking good
Old 04-20-2006 | 01:36 AM
gt3

Last comment: the sides are REALLY REALLY low! OMG...I don't know how I'm going to drive this thing! I was thinking about lowering it more, but I guess not now!

EDIT: I just realized that the rear was kind of lifted, so I don't know if I got an accurate view of the sides...hopefully they're not as low as they looked! I mean it looks really cool, but then again this IS my DD! Pix to come in the evening, BTW.
Looking good...I bet you can't wait for Friday to come!!! Yeah get ready for some major scrapage. Before I raised the car a bit, my side skirts kissed every speed bump it came across. Also, don't even think about going to the dealer for any service because they will not be able to put the car on lift!!!!!
Old 04-20-2006 | 05:57 AM
GQ 350z

=0 Why does that excite and sadden me at the same time!?

This is gonna be fun, I hope. Thanks for all the insight fellas.
Old 04-20-2006 | 06:04 AM
buzzardmountain

Looking good Amit!
Old 04-20-2006 | 07:30 AM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by Will Pwr
Will do....I was going to wait till my debut...but yeah, Im going full kit

...good pics...your car is looking good
Hahah...well I won't ask anymore questions just in case you got a surprise for us!
Old 04-20-2006 | 07:33 AM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by gt3
Looking good...I bet you can't wait for Friday to come!!! Yeah get ready for some major scrapage. Before I raised the car a bit, my side skirts kissed every speed bump it came across. Also, don't even think about going to the dealer for any service because they will not be able to put the car on lift!!!!!
Yeah, I'm a bit worried about driving, but hopefully I can manage. My big concern is going to the dealership since I don't know if they'll be able to accept my car! But since I go out to Performance Nissan, I'm thinking they should be able to accomodate me!

Originally Posted by GQ 350z
=0 Why does that excite and sadden me at the same time!?

This is gonna be fun, I hope. Thanks for all the insight fellas.
Exciting because it looks so badass!

Saddening because it might just have to sit there and look badass since you won't be able to drive it!
Old 04-20-2006 | 07:33 AM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
Looking good Amit!
Thanks!
Old 04-20-2006 | 07:39 AM
GQ 350z

Dude, I think I'm more excited to see your car than you are LMAO and you would probably agree ahahahhahaha!

as per our conversation its what I'm "waiting for" on Friday =)

Please pick the car up tomorrow, and be sure to take your camera! Dude, considering the car was kinda raised in back, that means the sideskirt area near the rear wheel will be even lower than it is shown? Also note the shadow, the overhang is very low on the sides (awesome).

I hope I can get most of the lines visible on my db. As an update, my rear has reach stockton and I have to pick it up over the weekend; the front shipped yesterday and I am waiting for it to arrive.

Holla,
ravi
Old 04-20-2006 | 07:47 AM
BhashaZ

Yeah, sadly the journey is finally coming to an end! Believe me, I'm excited as heck, but also exhausted at the same time! It's funny that everything is happening all at once! Car, work, and some other personal stuff. I'm REALLY tired, but finally I'll have my car back! I'm wondering if I should go over there today, but I don't want to end up annoying Hiro either! But if I do go, I'll snap the last couple of pix before it's completed.

That's excellent news btw about your kit! I'm really excited for you too! Plus I really want to see what yours will look like with your drop! Hopefully you won't have trouble driving that thing! And oh yeah, keep us posted on your install as well. It'll keep you occupied, plus I guess I lot of people like checking out the progress pix.
Old 04-20-2006 | 08:08 AM
GQ 350z

Will do

I'm sure my shop will be annoyed by my presence, but I'll be really smooth about it haha. Yeah, can't wait and will post what I can!

Would you estimate about 5" clearance on the sides? From your experience, how much lower is the rear? Probably about another 4" hanging down?
Old 04-20-2006 | 10:10 AM
B-Unit

this is gonna be good
Old 04-20-2006 | 05:36 PM
BhashaZ

Sorry Ravi, I couldn't really check today (I was feeling like shiit and ended up going home early). Plus when I was there, the car was not level anyways (look at the pix), but I will sure check for you tomorrow when I pick it up!

Anyways, here are the last pix before I pick up the car.

I don't think the front lip is on perfectly since it seems like (to me at least) that it is put on about 1/16 - 1/8" too low. But we'll see once I pick it up!
Old 04-20-2006 | 06:13 PM
gt3

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about driving, but hopefully I can manage. My big concern is going to the dealership since I don't know if they'll be able to accept my car! But since I go out to Performance Nissan, I'm thinking they should be able to accomodate me!
That's where I went, let me know if they can lift your car. Maybe it is just my service advisor.

Less than 24 hours before you take your baby home, then you take some real pics!!! Can't wait.
Old 04-20-2006 | 07:02 PM
B-Unit

Looks like a perfect match to me. Amit, ask ur friend if he had to do any tweaking of the paint color or if he just got the ppg and it came out perfect. He gotta get as much info on this paint match thing as possible.

Thanx

-B-
Old 04-20-2006 | 07:22 PM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by gt3
That's where I went, let me know if they can lift your car. Maybe it is just my service advisor.

Less than 24 hours before you take your baby home, then you take some real pics!!! Can't wait.
Gee, thanks for ruining my night! Dammit! hahah...but I'm sure they *should* be able do it? What was the problem with lifting the car? Don't they also have Takata ramps lying around somewhere? If so, maybe that'll help them. How long ago did you go there btw?

Originally Posted by B-Unit
Looks like a perfect match to me. Amit, ask ur friend if he had to do any tweaking of the paint color or if he just got the ppg and it came out perfect. He gotta get as much info on this paint match thing as possible.

Thanx

-B-
Thanks, the paint match looked to be good, but this was indoors. I guess I'll know for sure tomorrow once it's outside. As for tweaking the paint, I'm pretty sure that he does have to tweak it. From what I have gathered, he basically uses the paint code to get a general idea, then he test sprays it and adjust accordingly. The paint he uses is PPG, and for clear he uses Glasurit.
Old 04-20-2006 | 07:48 PM
B-Unit

thanx basha
Old 04-20-2006 | 09:29 PM
gt3

Gee, thanks for ruining my night! Dammit! hahah...but I'm sure they *should* be able do it? What was the problem with lifting the car? Don't they also have Takata ramps lying around somewhere? If so, maybe that'll help them. How long ago did you go there btw?
It was several months ago. Even with the ramps, the side skirts hang over the side too much. My mechanic have lifted my car before by sandwiching blocks of wood between the lift arms and the underside of the car. I am not sure if Performance Nissan would agree to lift the car up that way due to liability issues. Maybe we should ask Jeff or Jason.
Old 04-21-2006 | 08:37 AM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by gt3
It was several months ago. Even with the ramps, the side skirts hang over the side too much. My mechanic have lifted my car before by sandwiching blocks of wood between the lift arms and the underside of the car. I am not sure if Performance Nissan would agree to lift the car up that way due to liability issues. Maybe we should ask Jeff or Jason.
Great....just great...well, I guess I just saved myself some money since I won't be getting oil changes from now on! hahah...

But seriously, this worries me since how the heck am I ever going to be able to put my car on a lift? I guess I'll go ahead and give Perf. Nissan a call and see what they can do about it. But I just got an oil change 200 miles ago, so that shouldn't be an issue (just yet, at least).
Old 04-21-2006 | 10:29 AM
B-Unit

Great....just great...well, I guess I just saved myself some money since I won't be getting oil changes from now on! hahah...

But seriously, this worries me since how the heck am I ever going to be able to put my car on a lift? I guess I'll go ahead and give Perf. Nissan a call and see what they can do about it. But I just got an oil change 200 miles ago, so that shouldn't be an issue (just yet, at least).

i believe the sideskirts are the only things that make puting the car on the lift a challenge. ALl you gotta do is put some blocks or take the skirts off and ur good. Taking thhe skirts off takes 5 mins anywat

-B-
Old 04-21-2006 | 10:33 AM
BhashaZ

Hahah...actually that's what I was thinking of doing in case it doesn't work out. But then I started thinking how funny it would look if I took them off at home and drove out to Performance w/o sideskirts! I guess I can also do it while I'm there too, but then there may be issue with someone accidentally damaging them, etc...

I'm scheduled to pick up my car around 5:00 today, so I can't wait!

Quick Reply: INGS LX/Half Kit: Received and Being Installed *PIX*