Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

INGS LX/Half Kit: Received and Being Installed *PIX*

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 09:04 PM
BhashaZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ray, did you also clear-bra the lip, or just the bumper? And you're right, even though the car is so low and seems un-driveable, I don't think I could ever raise it! In fact, I would consider lowering it a bit more, but hey, I'm not bold enough to do that to my DD!
Old 04-21-2006, 09:07 PM
ZRAYGO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i clear bra'd the lip only. then after about 2-3 drives it got chipped again. i had to have the lip removed and resanded and then repainted along with the front bumper color-matched to the car. That kit shoul donly be for show. But its hard not to drive something around like that. It looks so dam aggressive. I drove my car everywhere and got mad looks and props all over the place...but alas, it is gone now....crashed and sold to 350zdcalb.....
Old 04-21-2006, 09:12 PM
BhashaZ

I'm hoping mine should fair better. I'm bone stock so mine isn't really going to be going anywhere fast! But especially right now, I'm just going to garage it until I get at least a clear bra.

Your car was really badass BTW! So sad to see it go
Old 04-21-2006, 09:43 PM
StraySheep

As much as I really like this INGS LX Sport front lip, I don't think I can put it onto my ride.

I just went to measure my stock front bumper clearence, it's about 5.5" clearence. The lowest I want would be 4.5", an inch lower.

I was seriouly thinking of getting this INGS front lip, but since I am going to drive in the winter, I guess this INGS front lip is just not suited for my daily winter use.

By the way, anyone know what's the maximum front clearence you can have with the INGS front lip with stock suspension?
Old 04-21-2006, 10:13 PM
B-Unit

wow ravi ur gonna have the hardest time getting around. do you have a daily driver?? i hope so....

Amit, id go and clearbra it, something tells me ur a lil nicer and more tender with ur car than Ray
Old 04-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

you gotten your car back?
Old 04-21-2006, 10:58 PM
mahont

Looks awesome, that pic showing the rear end kinda sticking outta the garage looks so mean. What are you doing with the empty emblem spot on the front bumper?
Old 04-22-2006, 08:07 AM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by StraySheep
As much as I really like this INGS LX Sport front lip, I don't think I can put it onto my ride.

I just went to measure my stock front bumper clearence, it's about 5.5" clearence. The lowest I want would be 4.5", an inch lower.

I was seriouly thinking of getting this INGS front lip, but since I am going to drive in the winter, I guess this INGS front lip is just not suited for my daily winter use.

By the way, anyone know what's the maximum front clearence you can have with the INGS front lip with stock suspension?
Yeah, I really don't think this is a good kit to have anywhere the roads are bad. What a lot of people fail to realize is how THICK and low the front lip is. Unlike a Nismo/Veilside lip, this one actually come down even more around the edges. Couple that with the fact that the ings lip is lower to begin with versus the other two, and you've got yourself a real problem if you have bad roads! Since my Hotchkis dropped the front about .7", I would say on a stock suspension, the corners would be less than 4" of clearance. I really had a hell of a time getting up my driveway--I had to go almost completely sideways!

Originally Posted by B-Unit
wow ravi ur gonna have the hardest time getting around. do you have a daily driver?? i hope so....

Amit, id go and clearbra it, something tells me ur a lil nicer and more tender with ur car than Ray
Ravi will manage because he's GQ! lol...but yeah, a DD will DEFINATELY be a good idea! Maybe we can get a GB discount on a Corolla or Civic or something!

But I'm definately clear-bra'ing it. I don't think I'm going to drive super-aggressively, so my clear bra *should* help keep things clean, if not near-perfect!

Originally Posted by Vick781
you gotten your car back?
I'm confused...but yes

Originally Posted by mahont
Looks awesome, that pic showing the rear end kinda sticking outta the garage looks so mean. What are you doing with the empty emblem spot on the front bumper?
Thanks! Yeah, looks really sinister! As for the front, I haven't decided on which emblem I wanted to put up there. Since I'm not really going to drive it for 2 weeks or so, that'll give me some time to decide! I even made a little poll: https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/183335-opinion-needed-what-front-emblem-for-ings-half-kit.html
Old 04-22-2006, 08:28 AM
BhashaZ

Okay, I just realized that I lied.

The front lip corners have 3" of clearance.

The middle portion of the front lip has 4" of clearance, NOT 5"!

The sideskirts have about 3" clearance in the front, and 4" in the rear.

The lowest point of the rear bumper (near the rear wheel well) has 5.5" of clearance.

When I was measuring yesterday, I was just measuring the part I could see from the outside, and I wasn't considering the lowest point (since it curve down and inwards a bit). Just thought I'd share this so you can get an idea of how low it is! I'll edit my original post so people are aware.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:57 AM
GQ 350z

I bet you can't stop looking at it huh!? I'm so excited, gonna go pick up the rear today, woot!

I've looked at these pics hella times already.

*sigh, yeah its my dd, no worries, as amit said I'm GQ baby!

ravi
Old 04-22-2006, 10:04 AM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by GQ 350z
I bet you can't stop looking at it huh!? I'm so excited, gonna go pick up the rear today, woot!

I've looked at these pics hella times already.

*sigh, yeah its my dd, no worries, as amit said I'm GQ baby!

ravi

LOL, boi go finanace a second car so u can do some extreeeme pimpage! lol. Take pics Ravi!! is ur car gonna be done today!!!??

-B-
Old 04-22-2006, 11:15 AM
GQ 350z

No, hasnt hit the shop yet, all pieces are in the garage..we'll be seeing some stuff soon how bout you? do-lucked yet?

ravi
Old 04-22-2006, 12:38 PM
BhashaZ

Ravi: PM sent! Hopefully you have the userid/pass to download the video. If not, let me know and I'll dig through my PMs...anyways, it's just the 30 second clip of me getting up my driveway. lol
Old 04-22-2006, 12:42 PM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^ post video
Old 04-23-2006, 08:04 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Amit, you have one clean a$$ looking Z!

Congrats!
Old 04-23-2006, 03:02 PM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by Vick781
^ post video
It's really nothing...just me getting up my driveway for the first time! haha...but I guess I'll post it when I get a chance.

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
Amit, you have one clean a$$ looking Z!

Congrats!
Thanks! I just wish my interior was as crazy as yours! But I should REALLY stop throwing money into my car now. That's easier said than done.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:33 PM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you need to lower that bish some more to kill the wheel gap and get an exhaust to take away that sunken-in-the-bumper look, but excellent choice of kit btw and it looks like that body shop does quality work!!! props!
Old 04-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Alang35

i happened to be at 16 that weekend. hiro really does do awsome work! that s2k was CRAZY!
Old 04-23-2006, 07:13 PM
GQ 350z

Hahha, easier said than done--his car is probably pretty undriveable. Getting over most speedbumps is now going to be a chore, I promise you that.

Pics do it no justice, I'm certain its a site to see in person..

werd,
ravi
Old 04-23-2006, 07:52 PM
BhashaZ

Originally Posted by jinsei888
you need to lower that bish some more to kill the wheel gap and get an exhaust to take away that sunken-in-the-bumper look, but excellent choice of kit btw and it looks like that body shop does quality work!!! props!
Hahah..thanks! Yeah, Hiro does do great work! But I do agree, I would like to get rid of some of the wheel gap in the rear. Another quarter inch in the rear would be nice. As for the exhaust, I'm looking into possibly getting the Fujitsubo, but probably not for another 2-3 months.

Originally Posted by Alang35
i happened to be at 16 that weekend. hiro really does do awsome work! that s2k was CRAZY!
Cool! Did I see you there? Do you have a black G35 sedan with Stoptechs? And yeah, that S2K was SC'd I believe!

Originally Posted by GQ 350z
Hahha, easier said than done--his car is probably pretty undriveable. Getting over most speedbumps is now going to be a chore, I promise you that.

Pics do it no justice, I'm certain its a site to see in person..

werd,
ravi
Yeah, as much as I would love to lower it, it's already extremely difficult to drive around. Getting into any complex is a real pain, I couldn't imagine dropping the front any further! (the rear is a different story, of course)...

(emailed you back, btw )

Quick Reply: INGS LX/Half Kit: Received and Being Installed *PIX*