Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Somewhat steep driveway..what to do?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 11:14 PM
B-Unit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubble
kinda weird to see people with stock bumper/spring scrap their car. HOW? I haven't scraped my car for the last 6 months with the new bumper and drop to the maximum. Just drive SLOW and 45 degree when you get into your driveway.

I think i jumped my z when it used to be stock.....lol....but after i mod her i drive like a grandma lawl.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:20 PM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by Clapton9286
Well I haven't scraped lately..just a couple times really..it is a *****, I tell you that. I'll take photos friday..of the car on the driveway and then we'll all sit down and do the math and figure out if it'll bloody work!

lmao, well mathmatically calculate it to the exact cm! </endpowerangersteamvoice> tehe

To be honest guys ur car has to be really low to scrape allot, and im talking like fairly frequently on big encounters with big inclines/declines that you werent expecting.

Originally Posted by clapton
lol..you mean even if I go UP in size, i'll need to be lowered? Eh..I don't really like lowering a car anyway..I just want the Nismos. Love the look.

Damned driveways. And damn PA while we're at..hills and whatnot.

Will a kit sustain those scratches, or will they just shatter? I know you said they are meant, but I dunno..I've seen plenty of F'ed up kits..
to be honest bro a kit will hold up fine, the only time a "fiberglass kit" will break is when you ram a parking block or curb or something like a step dip liike v angle and it goes straight down into it, thats when f/g kits break. so i wouldnt worry too much if ur a very careful/relatively slow driver.

If you go up in size on the rim the gap will seem to get bigger, im not sure if it actually gets THAT much bigger, but i personally think it looks wacky when a car has a showy and classy type cosmetic rim and the car isnt lowered i just like to see a lil more agressive stance, and remember, going lower although it does require you to be a lil more safe in certain circumstances, it grips the corners much better and is more fun to drive so its not all that bad Just do a modest drop noone says u gotta slam hehe.

=B=

Last edited by B-Unit; 04-24-2006 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:03 AM
Clapton9286

Well, I don't want any drop that's going to make me look like a goon. I just need to stick to the road, you know waht I mean? Problem is..the roads around me...absolutely GORGEOUS for driving. Especially when it getsabove 70 like around here. My god..theres this road, 82, that turns from a long, hilly straight that goes into the woods and becomes twisty, and theres a turn that is an ESS at 15 mph that finishes over a bridge next to a Colonial farm (all in the woods!). HOWEVER...not a 1/4 mile later, theres a very steep, very sharp right turn onto another road,which happens to be banked on another angle. If I don't go all the way to the left and then turn sharply, I scrape. No matter what. lol