Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accident

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 02:29 AM
mprasadjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accident

Well i just got my greddy front lip and nismo side skirts painted and also my rims powder coated and put on today. I went out for a drive and on the way back home the worlds largest raccoon ran out from behind a median and in front of my car. Busted my lip, bumper, tore out a wheel well, and some plastic part under my engine. I felt so sick looking at my car because I waited 2 weeks to get everything done and the first thing that happens is this. So question is what will insurance cover? I have Allstate and dont know if they'll cover my lip or how much they will quote me for my damage??? Can someone help me out with what to do???
Old 05-27-2006, 08:40 AM
IceBurnzTT

You felt sick what about the raccoon!
Old 05-27-2006, 03:04 PM
arctic_blue83

Wow what an odd coincidence, I actually got into an accident to as well. A dog ran out in front of my car, I swerved to avoid it and ended up clipping a fire hydrant instead. In retrospect I'm thinking maybe I should have just hit the dog instead, as I would have much rather had to replace/upgrade the front bumper instead of having to pay my insurance company to replace my passenger side door panel/front fender where the it got dented I have full coverage so it'll be getting fixed shortly, but I'm not sure how this is going to affect my insurance...
Old 05-27-2006, 04:01 PM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arctic_blue83
Wow what an odd coincidence, I actually got into an accident to as well. A dog ran out in front of my car, I swerved to avoid it and ended up clipping a fire hydrant instead. In retrospect I'm thinking maybe I should have just hit the dog instead, as I would have much rather had to replace/upgrade the front bumper instead of having to pay my insurance company to replace my passenger side door panel/front fender where the it got dented I have full coverage so it'll be getting fixed shortly, but I'm not sure how this is going to affect my insurance...

Rule#1..NEVER swerve to avoid an animal ( exception: if animal will do more damage to your car than themselves!!)
Rule#2..Refer to Rule#1
Old 05-27-2006, 05:47 PM
cessna

I dont get it....

I`ve always gone out of my way to pay for the damages if I was at fault. In this case it would seem that you were
Do yourself a favor (and everyone else) and just fix it using your coin.

Cessna (If he`s going to break his toys, will fix them himself)
Old 05-27-2006, 06:29 PM
IceBurnzTT

Originally Posted by cessna
I dont get it....

I`ve always gone out of my way to pay for the damages if I was at fault. In this case it would seem that you were
Do yourself a favor (and everyone else) and just fix it using your coin.

Cessna (If he`s going to break his toys, will fix them himself)
No no no cessna it's funner to get the insurance to pay for them so everyone's premium goes up as Z claims skyrocket. Geez you've been spending too much time in the air welcome to last Tuesday.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:09 PM
arctic_blue83

Originally Posted by IceBurnzTT
No no no cessna it's funner to get the insurance to pay for them so everyone's premium goes up as Z claims skyrocket. Geez you've been spending too much time in the air welcome to last Tuesday.
Actually this is the first accident I've ever been in, and the situation was pretty much unavoidable, either hit an animal or clip a hydrant, although I tried to avoid both. Over the years I've paid insurance companies thousands and thousands of dollars and have never had a claim, I've always kept full coverage just in case something like this happened, and now that it has, I feel completely justified in letting them cover the damages, after all I've been paying outrageous rates for years (due to being young and owning sports cars), so I feel it's their obligation to fix my car after all these years of paying them without a claim, besides this is EXACTLY the type of situation I've kept full coverage for, if I didn't have them cover it, it would be like throwing money away all these years.

If I drove my car straight into a wall on purpose, then I could see your point, but it was truly an honest and unavoidable accident. I guess we're all entitled to our own opinions though.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:47 AM
james840a

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah i would file a claim for this. Shoot when i had my prevouse car, i had a little accendent with a air-hose and my headlight. All i had todo was pay the deductable witch was half the cost of the headlight. My premium didnt go up ether. Cant hurt anything to call and talk with a rep from your Ins company.