Sponsored by:

Vandalism (keying, debadging)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 12:46 AM
dczoner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vandalism (keying, debadging)

Hey all,

Well, its one thing after another right now, but after having all of my "Z" badges ripped off my car super bowl weekend, I just discovered this weekend that my driver's side door & front quarterpanel were keyed. I don't know why, but they are. Well, I'm pretty over it, except that the damage is deeper than the clear coat, so here's my question.

Is there any long term effects that can't be cleared up if I let this problem sit for a few months? The reason why I ask is that although my insurance I'm sure will take care of this, I want to add the Nismo wing (this isn't a style thread, so for purposes of this discussion we'll just say its any wing). So I figure the best sense would be to sit on this until I have the money to do the wing AND also get the work on the quarterpanel & drivers side door at the same time. That way whatever body shop I get to do the wing painting & install can do all the work at the same time, saving me time & money. But can I cause harm to my car if I let the "keying" stay how it is for a few months?

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:16 AM
alphared

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you see bear metal?? clean it and slap some wax on it to keep the air out. Then you can wait for your wing to come in.