Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My aftermarket bodykit problems...(rant)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 09:54 AM
B-Unit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the fit doens look that bad, its mostly cuz its a diff color. what material is this kit. FRP>????? or hybrid aero, shayans kit loosk to be hybrid..

-B-
Old 07-12-2006, 10:15 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

it is totally urathane
Old 07-12-2006, 10:40 AM
SH82N-Z
Banned

Originally Posted by Ahsmo
it is totally urathane
^ +1

Also Ahsmo, I'm going to my shop to get my rest of the body kit back home.I'll try to take pictures of it. It's really wierd how nice the back and sides fit. As I told you, we didn't even need to take of the double sided tapes for it to stand like that. It kinda was just hugging around the bumper and the sides were pretty nice too. Although I have decided not to go ahead with the install of this kit and I can perhaps send you my version since I know for a fact that it fits real perfect istead of waiting for Automotive to send you another one. And if we do that actually, you can have the kit by next Tuesday the latest if not on Sunday. But I don't know how the payment would work or if you have already a kit on it's way shipped. Cause I know the wait for it come was already long and the day by day delay either from the local shop or the little problem that you had could make your whole day go messed up. So with that, definetly let me know.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:04 AM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Shayanz, thanks for the offer. I am leaving the country for a few months for school and I wont be back until November. At which point I wont return to Texas for 4 months.

The company who I bought the kit from is sending me out a new kit after I pay to send my defective kit back.

Originally Posted by ShayanZ
^ +1

Also Ahsmo, I'm going to my shop to get my rest of the body kit back home.I'll try to take pictures of it. It's really wierd how nice the back and sides fit. As I told you, we didn't even need to take of the double sided tapes for it to stand like that. It kinda was just hugging around the bumper and the sides were pretty nice too. Although I have decided not to go ahead with the install of this kit and I can perhaps send you my version since I know for a fact that it fits real perfect istead of waiting for Automotive to send you another one. And if we do that actually, you can have the kit by next Tuesday the latest if not on Sunday. But I don't know how the payment would work or if you have already a kit on it's way shipped. Cause I know the wait for it come was already long and the day by day delay either from the local shop or the little problem that you had could make your whole day go messed up. So with that, definetly let me know.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:18 AM
SH82N-Z
Banned

Shayanz, thanks for the offer. I am leaving the country for a few months for school and I wont be back until November. At which point I wont return to Texas for 4 months.

The company who I bought the kit from is sending me out a new kit after I pay to send my defective kit back.
Sounds Great then Ahsmo. Definetly keep us posted on that.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

120 bucks to ship that stuff back. At this point, only 350 more and I could have gotten the read thing!
Old 07-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i thought that is typical and normal for add-on lip. YOu can use 3M tape to keep them stick together.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:33 PM
BhashaZ

120 bucks to ship that stuff back. At this point, only 350 more and I could have gotten the read thing!
Unfortunately, that's how it is with replicas sometimes. After it's all said and done, you could have go the REAL thing for just slightly more...and percentage-wise it's not big. But good luck! Looks like AutoMotive Mods is standing behind their product.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Originally Posted by Bubble
i thought that is typical and normal for add-on lip. YOu can use 3M tape to keep them stick together.

totally. It is only supposed to stick for about 2 years however.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

the best way, blend that add on lip to your OEM bumper.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:27 PM
benitoz

It sounds like alot of us have lost out on 1300 bucks... I dont think better ones will ship out if they all come from the same "bad mold" then there is no way for improvment.. especially if they are still sent out folded practicly in half. Its kind a like a tape messure it will wobble twist ect... but once you put a crease in it you will never ever get it back to the correct shape... its not like fiberglass where you can add on cut re shape... this is what it is ... and to bad its complete junk... if you can imagine He has sold say over 15 kits like this that alot of money to refund... when it comes down do these many numbers people usually take it up the poop shoot... I know in my buisness if I send out parts like this I probly wouldnt last to long... you think some way they would just take about 3 hours check all the kits for fitment cause why burn 300 on shipping back and forth when you can just check it on the spot... I like the add and now it makes sense ... they offer perfect fitment or you get another kit... so basicly saying if your not happy with the first one .. you can ship it back on your dime and we will send you another in the same or worse shape the seal the deal !
Old 07-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

even if they check on fitment, there is nothing they can do about it since most of replica "made in China or taiwan". Why do they still sell it? out of 10 people, maybe one even go through the return process. Other 9 will let their bodyshop modify for them.

This is one of the reason why i'm still favor for fiberglass when it comes to bodykit because it's easy to fix if something like this happen.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:53 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

benzito. I have a new kit coming to me. the best you can hope for is the same. I will keep bumping this thread until I am satisfied.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:56 PM
350ztoronto

bump bump bump
Old 07-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is one of the reason why i'm still favor for fiberglass when it comes to bodykit because it's easy to fix if something like this happen.

+1 Also easily repairable if you damage it at the track or some daily driving mishap.

There are admittedly some pretty good replicas on the market, but for the most part you are going to pay up the nose for body work when it comes to making replicas fit right if you do not have a body shop hook-up
Old 08-02-2006, 03:19 PM
benitoz

bump bump bump
Old 10-22-2006, 05:39 PM
kidg35

even if they check on fitment, there is nothing they can do about it since most of replica "made in China or taiwan". Why do they still sell it? out of 10 people, maybe one even go through the return process. Other 9 will let their bodyshop modify for them.

alot of people have problems with this vendor, automitivemods. if you look at g35driver.com you can see there are some people who also recieved bad products. i agree with some of you in here that their policy is dumb. you guarentee 100% perfect fitment but if you get a bad one then you have to pay out of your pocket to ship it back. im not willng to take a $150 gamble. their products are not 100% perfect. most people will just accept it as is and wont return it and just have their bodyshop do whatever to fix it. i dont take their itrader ratings seriously because they have anything that is negative about them deleted.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Update:

I guess it has been around 5 months since I started this whole body kit thing.

Automotivemods decided to do nothing while I was at sea so I had to call them back when I finally came home. They said they would send me a kit out right away. One week later, no tracking numbers, nothing. I call back, now they want a tracking number to make sure my kit got back to them. Okay whatever.

Another week later, still haven't shipped the kit out. More delays, whatever.

Finally the kit is shipped....on a F**king grey hound bus. At this point, whatever.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:37 PM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Jesus, bro, it's the never ending story. Sorry this happened to you, I can see why you are down about it.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:26 PM
Ahsmo
Imakecopies

Originally Posted by gringott
Jesus, bro, it's the never ending story. Sorry this happened to you, I can see why you are down about it.
Thanks gringott, I can't wait for it to be over.