Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbeau FX-1 seat will not fit!!!!!!!HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Axelerate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was my fist attempt at a seat, two seats ago.

I now use a Cobra Suzuka with Nagisa low rails, and I had to raise it up a little bit to get it where I wanted it.

The corbeau seat mount sits WAY too high.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MUZZY
I have the FX-1 WIDE! and I made custom brackets for them to fit, I'm 1" higher than stock ride hight still.

What did you do to make them clear the door? Did you raise the height of the brackets, so the shoulder bolster cleared the door or did you shim the whole thing over towards the center console?

looks good.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Chad68

Originally Posted by SpoilsofWar
The Forza II's are the wide version, yes? If so I think you may have an issue with the widest part of the bolster hitting the door. My Forzas clear the door panel by only about 1/4"

As far as height, I would say that the forzas on corbeau brackets sit slightly lower then the stock seating. But probably not by much. Its been a couple years since I installed mine, so I am just going by memory of what the stock seats were like.

Thanks,

You're 5-10" right? How much do you weigh (if u dont mind) and much much more do you think you could weigh and still fit? Or how much if any wiggle room do you have.

I had Corbeau CR1's (small size) in my truck for about 24 hours a few years ago before I took them out and sold them, cuz they were too small on the side bolster. They were spec'd to fit up to 36" waist. The larger size was spec'd at up to 40" waist and those would have fit me.

The small forza's (same as yours) are spec'd at 36-38" waist. Which is kinda in between.

With the small sized CR1's I had, The *** area and leg area was fine and the shoulders were ok too but it was imposible to get my back to touch the seat back because of my no lovin' love handles, unless I forced them in LOL. I did notice that I sat about 2" higher than stock seat but I belive the forza's will sit closer to stock since it's more of a race seat and less cushoning.

Maybe what I will do is just order one of the reg. Forza'a like yours and see if it works out for me, then order the bracket and if that's good, then order the passanger seat and bracket. They don't cost that much and if it dont fit, Im sure somebody will buy them.

Oh yea if you could, can you give me the inside dimension at the front edge of the seat and the inside dimension of the back at the bottom? this would help me out more than anything if I knew those sizes. I used the pics of the other guys FX1's to show you the 2 measurents I'm talking about.
Attached Thumbnails Corbeau FX-1 seat will not fit!!!!!!!HELP!!!!-dsc0703io5.jpg  

Last edited by Chad68; 03-23-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:44 PM
SpoilsofWar

Originally Posted by Chad68
Thanks,

You're 5-10" right? How much do you weigh (if u dont mind) and much much more do you think you could weigh and still fit? Or how much if any wiggle room do you have.

I had Corbeau CR1's (small size) in my truck for about 24 hours a few years ago before I took them out and sold them, cuz they were too small on the side bolster. They were spec'd to fit up to 36" waist. The larger size was spec'd at up to 40" waist and those would have fit me.

The small forza's (same as yours) are spec'd at 36-38" waist. Which is kinda in between.
I am 5'10" and around 170lbs. My waist is a size 33/34, that is where the seat is the tightest. I have a bit of wiggle room, but not much. With a size 36 waist you would probably fit, it would be snug, but 38 seems too big to me. If your waist is 38 or larger I would look for another seat.

Oh yea if you could, can you give me the inside dimension at the front edge of the seat and the inside dimension of the back at the bottom? this would help me out more than anything if I knew those sizes.
They are 14" across in the front of the bucket, and 13" across in the back.

Last edited by SpoilsofWar; 03-23-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:50 PM
MUZZY

My set up info, And dont make fun of me
yes Im FAT

FX-1 wide fiberglass bucket seats

custom mount, shimmed everything towards the center console.

the shoulder parts DO hit the DOOR but still closes. I would say about 1/4" hitting and pushing.

I'm about 300lb and 5'-10" and fit comfortably in the seats. and I love them

the seat is all the way back. I would not recomend for anyone taller than 6'-0" to get these seats.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:55 AM
Chad68

Originally Posted by SpoilsofWar
I am 5'10" and around 170lbs. My waist is a size 33/34, that is where the seat is the tightest. I have a bit of wiggle room, but not much. With a size 36 waist you would probably fit, it would be snug, but 38 seems too big to me. If your waist is 38 or larger I would look for another seat.

They are 14" across in the front of the bucket, and 13" across in the back.
Hey thanks for your help.

Last question. Did your seats clear the door with the stock Corbeau brackets or did you have to modify yours to fit?
Old 03-24-2008, 05:58 AM
Chad68

yes Im FAT

the shoulder parts DO hit the DOOR but still closes. I would say about 1/4" hitting and pushing.

the seat is all the way back. I would not recomend for anyone taller than 6'-0" to get these seats.
Seems like a really tight fit for the wide version. I can't make fun of you because I use to weight more than that 6 yeras ago.

I wear 36" waist pants, so I think I will be ok with the reg. version. If I don't fit I'll cut out carbs for a while. If I eat less, I save more, which means more mod money It's a win win.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:39 AM
SpoilsofWar

Last question. Did your seats clear the door with the stock Corbeau brackets or did you have to modify yours to fit?
Stock Corbeau brackets, no modifications needed.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:21 PM
se-r / gti-r

I have a Super low rail for sale that I used on my Sparco Evo. It set the seat much lower. I loved it
Old 03-28-2008, 03:22 AM
Chad68

Blah changed my mind. A Forza is too much of a full blown race seat for me.

I'm going with the black (only color option anyway) wide version of the A4's instead at Christams. They have the same outside dimensions of the reg Forzas but fit a 40"waist, plus they recline and flip forward like stockers. There was some guy on here who had the wide A4's and didn't have any mad faces posted anywhere LOL, so should fit fine.

The site you got your Forza's from has both wide A4 seats, mounts/rails/sliders no tax no shipping for less than 900 bucks.

damn I hope modding has some end in site
Attached Thumbnails Corbeau FX-1 seat will not fit!!!!!!!HELP!!!!-3_02.jpg  

Last edited by Chad68; 03-28-2008 at 03:26 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:04 PM
SlowZster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so, being 6'5" and weighing about 220 with a 35/36 waist, I know I fit in the FX1 pro (local shop has them) and it fits me like a glove. If i ran it with the nagisa super low rails would I fit? as it sits now in the stock seats, the back of my hair barely skims the roof liner.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Chad68

Originally Posted by SlowZster
so, being 6'5" and weighing about 220 with a 35/36 waist, I know I fit in the FX1 pro (local shop has them) and it fits me like a glove. If i ran it with the nagisa super low rails would I fit? as it sits now in the stock seats, the back of my hair barely skims the roof liner.
I don't know but Corbeau can shave 1" of foam off the bottom of the seat for like 50 bucks per seat.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:22 AM
turismo

Blah changed my mind. A Forza is too much of a full blown race seat for me.

I'm going with the black (only color option anyway) wide version of the A4's instead at Christams. They have the same outside dimensions of the reg Forzas but fit a 40"waist, plus they recline and flip forward like stockers. There was some guy on here who had the wide A4's and didn't have any mad faces posted anywhere LOL, so should fit fine.

The site you got your Forza's from has both wide A4 seats, mounts/rails/sliders no tax no shipping for less than 900 bucks.

damn I hope modding has some end in site

Nice seats
Old 09-02-2023, 05:10 AM
Braddydrifts

yes Im FAT

im 6 foot and 300lbs just ordered this seat going to try the bell wide low brackets hopefully I can make it work been struggling to figure out how to get comfortable but planted in this car
Old 09-02-2023, 05:31 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,113 Likes on 6,568 Posts

Originally Posted by Braddydrifts
im 6 foot and 300lbs just ordered this seat going to try the bell wide low brackets hopefully I can make it work been struggling to figure out how to get comfortable but planted in this car
You responded to a post from 2008, and he hasn't logged in for 5 years