Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

You guys can share #1.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:43 PM
whitebwoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gringott
You guys can share #1.
awww, aint that sweet. LOL!

Fa real, that diffuser just makes the back of the Z look so much more aggresive. The only thing I'd buy over it is the Strosek rear skirt/bumper which includes a really cool diffuser. It's not as big as the TS one, but it does the trick in my books.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:29 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chebosto
^^

you're still #1 in my
awwwww...you warm me up with your words...

can't beat the price I got it for though. (gotta take back SOME thunder at least...lol...)
Old 09-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitrouz
awwwww...you warm me up with your words...

can't beat the price I got it for though. (gotta take back SOME thunder at least...lol...)

ya got me there... we should photo shoot together once we're both 'finished' heheh.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:31 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

ya got me there... we should photo shoot together once we're both 'finished' heheh.
we should definitely plan that. I'm planning on heading down to the OC sometime after my car is done...but it'll take a while. My longblock isn't ready yet...
Old 09-22-2006, 06:35 PM
ASTIG_Z

Pretty SICK Cheston and Nitrous!!! In for the final pics!
Old 09-22-2006, 07:37 PM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Subscribing............

Old 09-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

btw...I brought my Z back to the same shop. Had a meeting with their owner and managers and workers...all in one office. They admitted their faults, and mistakes, and promised me to make everything right for free. Yes it's the least they should do, but not many shops actually do it for first-time customers. I applaud them for the honesty, and admitting to their mistakes. I'm giving them a second chance to see if they can make everything right. I'll keep you guys posted next week.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:59 AM
alshawi

Chebesto: did u try mounting the brackets as well, i just bought the rear diffuser but it wont fit my invidia exhaust, i guess im gona go with the geddy 2. But it really hard to firgure out where the brackets go. Plz post pics if ur able to. Thanks
Old 09-23-2006, 04:13 AM
roncfpz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

btw...I brought my Z back to the same shop. Had a meeting with their owner and managers and workers...all in one office. They admitted their faults, and mistakes, and promised me to make everything right for free. Yes it's the least they should do, but not many shops actually do it for first-time customers. I applaud them for the honesty, and admitting to their mistakes. I'm giving them a second chance to see if they can make everything right. I'll keep you guys posted next week.
Good move on the meeting. I give em credit for the admission of fault. Good luck and hope they get it right this time. This is the frustrating part of modifying cars.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:10 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by alshawi
Chebesto: did u try mounting the brackets as well, i just bought the rear diffuser but it wont fit my invidia exhaust, i guess im gona go with the geddy 2. But it really hard to firgure out where the brackets go. Plz post pics if ur able to. Thanks

those brackets are totally weird. i didnt have access to the lift yesterday, but i'm thinking if those don't work, i'll just fabricate something.

the invidia exhaust, which version do you have?... i'll post picts up of the final install soon. sorry to hear that your exhaust doesnt fit...

maybe this will help:
(in standard US inches)

Old 09-23-2006, 08:22 AM
alshawi

those brackets are totally weird. i didnt have access to the lift yesterday, but i'm thinking if those don't work, i'll just fabricate something.

the invidia exhaust, which version do you have?... i'll post picts up of the final install soon. sorry to hear that your exhaust doesnt fit...

maybe this will help:
(in standard US inches)

Thanks for the feedback, fitment didnt go well today, i have the invidia N1 exhaust. Its not the titanium tip version. The funny thing is that they dont send a catalouge or even pics to show us where the brackets should go, but im thinking that it should hold and be stable without the brackets dont you? well, i just ordered the greddy evo TT. Thats my first step towards completing the install. It should fit exactly right? or did u cut any part of the diffuser out?
Old 09-23-2006, 08:30 AM
davidf

That might be to both of ya'lls benefit. While finishing for free is benefits you saving money, the finished product can be good advertising for them {being they get their **** together}, because people always ask "who did your body work", good luck.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:53 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by alshawi
Thanks for the feedback, fitment didnt go well today, i have the invidia N1 exhaust. Its not the titanium tip version. The funny thing is that they dont send a catalouge or even pics to show us where the brackets should go, but im thinking that it should hold and be stable without the brackets dont you? well, i just ordered the greddy evo TT. Thats my first step towards completing the install. It should fit exactly right? or did u cut any part of the diffuser out?
no cutting (that i saw in the test fit) the canister fit inside the diffuser channels. if anything put some heat wrap on the inside of the carbon so it doesnt melt the resin.

yea. no picts. no nothing.. well. its not too hard to figure out... just need time on the lift to look under the car w/o straining your back.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:08 AM
alshawi

no cutting (that i saw in the test fit) the canister fit inside the diffuser channels. if anything put some heat wrap on the inside of the carbon so it doesnt melt the resin.

yea. no picts. no nothing.. well. its not too hard to figure out... just need time on the lift to look under the car w/o straining your back.
alright then cool, plz dont forget to post pics of the install, im really looking forward to see how it looks. My installation is gona be delayed 10 days untill i get the exhaust cos i live in the middle east.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:16 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking at the new photos of the TS diffuser made me wonder....
Now I am no expert in aerodynamics, but don't you think the way that this diffuser was made that it would cause more drag?

I've attached a picture with the red arrow line depicting what I think the air flow would be. Please correct me if I am wrong and that this is what a diffuser is supossed to do.
Attached Thumbnails Top Secret CF rear diffuser (pics)-airstream.jpg  
Old 09-23-2006, 09:32 AM
davidf

Good question.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:18 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by ZlleH
Looking at the new photos of the TS diffuser made me wonder....
Now I am no expert in aerodynamics, but don't you think the way that this diffuser was made that it would cause more drag?

I've attached a picture with the red arrow line depicting what I think the air flow would be. Please correct me if I am wrong and that this is what a diffuser is supossed to do.

the arrows your drew are ontop of the diffuser- majority of the airflow will be flowing on the other side...(smooth side)

given the shape of our rear suspension / diff/ and exhaust piping layout, (and more importantly, the flat covers that are right before the rear suspension) majority of the air coming from the front of car will be flowing much lower to the ground... red circles are the flat panels designed to channel air down away from the rear suspension..

It is true that there will be some air that gets caught above the diffuser, but in theory..with the shape of the venturi channel lower toward the bottom of the car, at around the point where air will most likely be coming off the rear beam/differential, the air flow will be much faster, such that the effect of air that gets caught onto of the top portion of the diffuser will be negated...

also with the shape of the leading edge of the diffuser, the part that bends up,

will prevent air from going up there... however the should have done a better job and made that lip portion taller IMHO.. the whole premise is to seal off the rear bumper.. since alot of people are running after market exhausts and we're losing our natural diffuser (stock exhaust)
Old 09-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

the arrows your drew are ontop of the diffuser- majority of the airflow will be flowing on the other side...(smooth side)

given the shape of our rear suspension / diff/ and exhaust piping layout, (and more importantly, the flat covers that are right before the rear suspension) majority of the air coming from the front of car will be flowing much lower to the ground... red circles are the flat panels designed to channel air down away from the rear suspension..

It is true that there will be some air that gets caught above the diffuser, but in theory..with the shape of the venturi channel lower toward the bottom of the car, at around the point where air will most likely be coming off the rear beam/differential, the air flow will be much faster, such that the effect of air that gets caught onto of the top portion of the diffuser will be negated...

also with the shape of the leading edge of the diffuser, the part that bends up,

will prevent air from going up there... however the should have done a better job and made that lip portion taller IMHO.. the whole premise is to seal off the rear bumper.. since alot of people are running after market exhausts and we're losing our natural diffuser (stock exhaust)
+1...what he said.

Quick Reply: Top Secret CF rear diffuser (pics)