Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire Pressure Light

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 09:53 AM
AlexBG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Pressure Light

i got out of school and drove to like the stop light and the tire pressure light came out .. pulled over checked the tires they were fine .. 1 of the tires was at 28 the rest were at 31.... so went to the closest dobbs and they filled it up with air 35 all around...drove it for like and hour .. still on... so i took it to the dealer.

all of the tires are suppost to be at 35 ... and the dealer put it up to like 48 and the light went off.... do you think this has something to do with the cold weather its like 17F here lol.....

please get back to me
Old 12-08-2006, 09:55 AM
AlexBG

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

i posted in the wrong section.....
can someone please move this to the right section...

much appreciate
Old 12-09-2006, 06:50 PM
benwa02

this just happened to me last nite.

tpms light went on at 28psi so mile down the road i put air in all and light stayed on and was still on today they are all at 35psi

?
Old 12-09-2006, 06:58 PM
steveiZdaman

its the cold weather....when its cold the air shrinks so it reads it at less air...when the tires heat up after driving air expands and usually goes back to where it should be...dont let it bother you and dont put too much air say u put 35lbs when they are cold...that will expand to close to 40 possibly...so be carefull with that....
Old 12-12-2006, 01:23 PM
jreiter

I'm having this same problem. I fully understand how and why cold weather causes tire pressure drop, but my question is: How do I get the pressure warning light to turn off? I've filled my tires back up to a proper cold pressure, but the warning light has been on for a week now despite that. The pressure monitoring system is displaying the correct tire pressures, so I know the sensors inside the tires are working correctly. Do we maybe have to manually reset that warning light after it comes on?
Old 12-12-2006, 02:46 PM
fat350

i had this same problem today...funny thing is i just put some new wheels on and have yet to change over the tps....

mine went on after an hour on the freeway when i got off....i turned the car off, waited a second, started it back up and the light was gone...

the tps light is the yellow one right next to the brake light right???
Old 12-12-2006, 04:03 PM
steveiZdaman

Originally Posted by jreiter
I'm having this same problem. I fully understand how and why cold weather causes tire pressure drop, but my question is: How do I get the pressure warning light to turn off? I've filled my tires back up to a proper cold pressure, but the warning light has been on for a week now despite that. The pressure monitoring system is displaying the correct tire pressures, so I know the sensors inside the tires are working correctly. Do we maybe have to manually reset that warning light after it comes on?
your suppose to drive at 30mph for several seconds and it automatically resets... if not may be some kind of computer electrical problem
Old 12-17-2006, 05:47 PM
benwa02

Originally Posted by steveiZdaman
your suppose to drive at 30mph for several seconds and it automatically resets... if not may be some kind of computer electrical problem
Filled to proper pressure drove couple miles no dice. Drove home next day 7 minutes no dice. Next day started car to move it to garage no dice, even refilled to exact, no dice. Drive to work next day 10 minutes in went away.

Strange.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:56 AM
jreiter

Originally Posted by benwa02
Filled to proper pressure drove couple miles no dice. Drove home next day 7 minutes no dice. Next day started car to move it to garage no dice, even refilled to exact, no dice. Drive to work next day 10 minutes in went away.
I experienced this same behavior. After refilling my tires to the correct pressure (35 psi cold) it took the warning light a few days of driving before it turned off.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:37 PM
gtstephenson

I'm guessing this is a 'firmware bug' where the tire pressure monitor reporting controls are not working properly.

My car doesn't have the sensors (or at least the system reports all 00000 tire pressure. It will at times however turn on the warning indicator. When I stop the car and cycle the power (shut off the engine and restart) the indicator will be off.

What I have noticed is that the indicator *never* comes on when driving around the area. But going on a trip where the car is running several hours, the warning will come back on.

Tom S.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:07 AM
Kurru

yea it's the weather...
basic science applys here: Heat causes molecules to expand, cold causes them to condense/shrink

use to drive me nuts till i got my rota wheels. now the light is just alwys on but no stupid beeping.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:01 PM
jreiter

Originally Posted by gtstephenson
My car doesn't have the sensors ...
Did your car originally come with the pressure sensor system? If so, are you now running wheels without sensors in them? If so, that can definitely cause the system to freak out. When I got my aftermarket rims, I ran without the pressure sensors for a while, and occasionally my warning light would come on... typically on the freeway on long trips. Restarting the car would reset the light.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:04 PM
jreiter

Originally Posted by Kurru
yea it's the weather...
basic science applys here: Heat causes molecules to expand, cold causes them to condense/shrink
Yes, we all understand the basic physics behind cold weather and its effect on tire pressure. The question we're all discussing here is why the warning light sometimes *stays* on even after filling your tires up to the correct pressure. For some people it goes off right away, and for others (like myself) the warning stayed on for almost a week after filling my tires back up to the correct pressure.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:35 AM
Kurru

Originally Posted by jreiter
Yes, we all understand the basic physics behind cold weather and its effect on tire pressure. The question we're all discussing here is why the warning light sometimes *stays* on even after filling your tires up to the correct pressure. For some people it goes off right away, and for others (like myself) the warning stayed on for almost a week after filling my tires back up to the correct pressure.
are u just taking short drives here to there? i think u have to drive for like 10-15 mins without turning ur car off. that's what i had to do before i swapped mine.
Old 01-03-2007, 01:56 AM
jreiter

Originally Posted by Kurru
are u just taking short drives here to there? i think u have to drive for like 10-15 mins without turning ur car off. that's what i had to do before i swapped mine.
It definitely could've been that. Seems like the general consensus from what I've read so far.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:32 AM
drap660

So there is no way to just pull a fuse or something to shut that facker off???