Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SpoilerDepot.CON(COM) dont do it

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 10:53 AM
ermartin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SpoilerDepot.CON(COM) dont do it

So I recently ordered a pre painted Spoiler from spoiler Depot. I wasn’t looking for anything flashy just something nice and subtle. It arrived about 7 days later the packaging left much to desire it was wrapped in bubble wrap and packing tape. No box No styro. I opened it up and quickly discovered a series of stress fractures covering about 5 inches from the end. It being a weekend I sent there customer service an email detailing the damage asking how it needs to be handled I also said I could provide pictures If needed. They responded with a request for the pictures and also asking if I thought the damage was shipping related.
2 days pass with no response so I call them up. A girl on the phone says “O yes got your email we will be sending out a replacement ".
7 more days go by still no replacement. I call back the same girl now asks for My RMA number. I tell her I don’t have one but give her my order number and she says OH YEA ill get someone to call you right back on the status.
24hrs later I call back since I never got a return call. Get the same Girl. Now she asks if the shipper ever picked up the damaged spoiler. I tell her NO and she is puzzled or at least appears to be puzzled and says O YEA your spoiler is shipping out Thursday or Friday and they will mail my tracking Info.
So Monday comes along still nothing so I call BACK She answers again and says "let me get someone to call you RIGHT BACK" I wait I wait I wait 3hrs later I call back but every time the phone rings someone answers and then transfers the call back into the waiting queue. 10min of this happening I send a PM to someone I know and have them call and they pick right UP.... So I’ve confirmed now she won’t even take my call. I wait and wait and catch her off guard... she picks up and say Oh YEA IT SHIPPED but the tracking tool is down but they will get the info to me.
So I give up Call MY CC Company and lll let them deal with it. I documented all the calls and have the emails so if they decide to fight it I’ve got all the proof needed. But just a warning once your CC clears the customer service ends there
Old 03-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Nero

that sucks, GL CC company will prolly clear it up easily
Old 03-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Nero

oh yah, and if it was the same girl that answered so many times, it's probably a home business :x a real business has more than 1 person on customer service XD
Old 03-13-2007, 11:02 AM
one350zfan

They do a lot of business so this can happen from time to time... which is no excuse. However, my ppw OEM spoiler I bought from them was packaged well and perfect match. I never talk to the same person more than twice when dealing with a company because obviously said person can't get the job done.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:11 AM
ermartin

I assume it was a girlfriend or a wife answering the phone. I would have loved to talk to someone else but again I never got a call back. On the final call I actually asked her if she worked for the company or if this was some kind of answering service. She was offended by the question it was like I was questioning her competency level... And pretty much that was what I was doing
Old 03-13-2007, 11:15 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FWIW I didn't have to talk to anyone b/c everything went smooth. It arrived about a week later in a tall skinny box and was wrapped in bubble wrap. Not a scratch.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:22 AM
ermartin

Its funny that you got a BOX. I actually questioned the way it was shipped and was told thats the way they always do it. Im clear across the country I would think that distance would fit the BOX criteria
Old 03-13-2007, 03:24 PM
ermartin

So now im shopping for a new spoiler. pretty much sucks cause i have a roadster and didnt want anything too flashy had these guys come thru I would been very happy. are there any lip spoilers out there that are equivilent to these in design that will fit my 06 roadster
Old 03-16-2007, 01:59 PM
ermartin

Wow guess what just arrived. My replacement spoiler... Ha... Well I must admit the spoiler looks good and apparently it was drop shipped direct from the manufacturer... and wow it was in a BOX. I still never received any communication from spoiler depot If they had just taken seconds to give me the proper info maybe a quick call saying they were out of stock so their might be a delay so ill give the manufacturer an A on the spoiler and the reseller an F on customer service. I realize others have had orders that have gone better than mine I'm just grading on personal experience
Old 03-16-2007, 02:04 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 979 Likes on 742 Posts

who was the manufacturer? did you get the nismo one? if so, its jdm spec right?
Old 03-16-2007, 02:15 PM
THE TECH

Originally Posted by CUxtopher
who was the manufacturer? did you get the nismo one? if so, its jdm spec right?
I'm pretty sure Nismo and subtle don't go together.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:20 PM
ermartin

it was drop shipped from putech spoilers in texas its just a clean Lip spoiler

here is a link to it from another reseller

http://www.elitespoilers.com/inc/sdetail/740

Last edited by ermartin; 03-16-2007 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Agentman03

Default Spoiler Depot

Bought 2 Different Spoilers with no Issues then ordered a Nismo Painted Spoiler ,had defects on window side bottom edge .. took pictures talked to same girl ,sent it back , payed freight used credit card , she never argued with me .. had to have my credit card company go after them , because they charged me for both nismo spoilers .. faxed my fedx receipt of cost to return defective spoiler to them,she said she'd take care of it never did , did a search of their bussiness in florida gave me the taxable owners name which she somewhat metioned his first name durring dicussions , must be the Daddy ,brother or whoever ..
Attached Thumbnails SpoilerDepot.CON(COM)  dont do it-spolerldopot09.jpg  
Old 03-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Agentman03

There Web Sight Claim's Full Customer Satisfaction
Old 03-16-2007, 04:46 PM
ermartin

It just became apparent why they sent it. I got the letter from my CC company this afternoon saying they had contacted Spoilerdepot with my claim saying they would take care of the issue. Hmm coincidence I don't think so. I did request a refund and not the merchandise so does that mean its FREE. Ha well I wont stoop to there level. And I do like the spoiler
Old 03-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
FWIW I didn't have to talk to anyone b/c everything went smooth. It arrived about a week later in a tall skinny box and was wrapped in bubble wrap. Not a scratch.
same with me, bought from then 2 1/2 years ago. Great quality and perfectly matched paint. Still haven't had to do anything with it (Looks the same as the day I got it)
Old 03-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Agentman03

Same thig with me ,Had Got a Varification from my Credit Card Company that they went after them for the Replacement Spoiler refund and told to watch my acount so if they try to re'bill me later & let them know if they do ect..ect.., They never did but they also never refunded me the Fedex cost to send the 1st one back, I finnally just let it go it is a real nice nismo spoiler with a great paint job and match ..