Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KCAero Nismo Replica Wing Still Crappy

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 11:33 AM
mdacko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KCAero Nismo Replica Wing Still Crappy

i was one of the victims of KCaerodynamics a couple of months ago when they were selling the Nismo replica spoiler. I just got it recently and its gotta be the crappiest piece of craftstmanship i have ever seen. I think i could have done a better job. Its not sanded, there are grooves everywhere, it looks like they took it out of the mold and tossed it right in the shipping box. The fitment is also a little off. I took it to my bodyshop, and they all laughed at it and asked me why i bought such a crappy wing. But anyways, its gonna cost 475$ to fill in the small grooves, sand it, prime it, paint it and install. So i guess after all this hastle its still cheaper than a real wing. Im too ashamed to post pics of the wing as it came, but will post pics of the install, hopefully it will turn out okay. I really wanted to return the wing, but suddenly KCaero doesnt return calls or emails. Anyway i know its been said a million times before on this board but i just want to reaffirm: Kcaero nismo replica wings are crappy. Dont buy one to save money, because in the long run no money is even saved.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:50 PM
mysteriumZ
Charter Member #101

go for gruppe-s replica wing. i just got it last week, its being painted as of now, will be getting it back on thursday. The quality of the wing is great. TheMyst also got the KCaero wing, we'll compare this weekend at the NYC meet and take pics of them side by side.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:45 AM
cchang20124

i ordered a kcaro replica wing n i havnt recieved it yet it'll come in next week but from all this talk bout their replica being shitty i dunt know wuh to do i already paid and everyting wuh should i do? anyone hav any idea? i called them yesterday to see wen my spoiler was comin n they still answer their phone so i dunno wasup email me if u hav any suggestions on wuh i should do if my spoiler is shitty thanks cchang201242000@yahoo.com
Old 05-14-2003, 07:03 AM
mdacko

looks like the gruppe-s wing is the way to go. Return your wing or cancel your order, and buy the other one. I havent been able to get responses to emails or calls, you are lucky to be able to.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:53 PM
1200tt

thats too bad... it really does pay to save & get it from the original, and also go through reliable, estabilished companies. You may pay more $$$, but in the end you will still make out.

Please post pics of the wing in it's original shape. This will show other people what to expect from copies.
I remember when they were selling these, everyone at that timed seemed too over enthusiastic about buying a replica and how good it would fit...now your testimony can be a warning to others to see why they shouldn't buy copies.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:03 PM
themyst

Hmm, my friend picked up the kcaero body kit for me from the greyhound station because I don't have a big truck like he does... I ordered the kit pre-painted. My friend installed countless body kits on maximas, so he can spot a good paint job from a mile away. the holes on the parts came pre-drilled (the unpainted kits weren't predrilled IIRC) and the paint job was in his words "quite good". We are going to install the kit this Saturday, so I'll let you know how I feel.
Old 05-14-2003, 06:56 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally posted by themyst
Hmm, my friend picked up the kcaero body kit for me from the greyhound station because I don't have a big truck like he does... I ordered the kit pre-painted. My friend installed countless body kits on maximas, so he can spot a good paint job from a mile away. the holes on the parts came pre-drilled (the unpainted kits weren't predrilled IIRC) and the paint job was in his words "quite good". We are going to install the kit this Saturday, so I'll let you know how I feel.
I got the spoiler pre-painted and regreted it, not just the poor fit of the wing to the base but the paint is starting to separate from the spoiler, the match was pretty goodin color but I have areas where the paint is not adhered to the spoiler like bubbles I guess, look at it very closely and keep an eye on it.
Old 05-15-2003, 05:20 AM
cnile51

when and wheres the meet in ny?

NiLe C.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:01 AM
mysteriumZ
Charter Member #101

the NY meet is in queens, on sunday may18th 1030 am
location, fort totten, bayside. right off the crossisland pkwy and bell blvd. check the north east forum for detail.