Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jim@showstoppers scams AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 10:37 AM
jperleon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
Again, I stopped responding to you because you refused to work out an agreement on the shipping then filed your paypal claim. There is nothing left to discuss after you file a claim. I offered to replace your lip with shipping the new lip being covered by myself. Seibon, Myself, and members on this forum all agree there is nothing wrong with that lip from the pictures. We never agreed to pay for return shipping. When you first called Chuck, you told him I agreed to pay for return shipping, which was clearly a lie. Chuck was unaware that I never agreed to pay for return shipping and hadn't seen the pictures so he agreed to give the carrier a call. I've stated from the start that the lip looks normal, and that I will not pay $150 in shipping charges just to get the same outcome.

I already agreed to eat $75 for shipping you a new lip before you decided to make this thread. You should have taken that offer when it was on the table. You can try to bad mouth myself and our company all you want but our feedback on this forum speaks volumes. I'm not denying we have had issues in the past with Seibon products, but if you go back and look at those threads every single customer was satisified in the end. When I feel there is a legitimate claim I will take care of it. I've had to dish out $2,000 out of my own pocket to help fix some of these issues. Judging from your pictures (which is all I have to go off) there is nothing wrong with your lip and I don't feel it's a legitimate claim.
I refused to make an agreement? I believe I was the first one who offered to pay for shipping. Then once again you didn't respond for another week and when you did I believe you told me the chances of getting another one "undamaged" was one in five and that I should stick with the one I have. You have had FOUR months to come to an agreement and you think I shouldn't have filed a claim? I did the first one two weeks ago? so technically you have had 3 months and 2 weeks to figure this out without being bothered by paypal. Once again I thought you couldn't vouch for what Chuck said but now all of a sudden chuck said that you told me you were paying for shipping? Ha ha I dont think so. He is the one who "SAID" he called DHL three times to schedule the pick. Which he never did. Once again your first excuse for taking so long was that you were discussing this with Chuck. So was that another lie? They just keep adding up dont they? Also, if your "feedback" is so legit i'm assuming you have only sold 108 items on this board? I dont think so...

All this would be over if you just refund my money. The lip is ready to be sent out and I have tried for the past 4 months to get a replacement. YOU ARE THE ONE WHO IS REFUSING TO MAKE AN AGREEMENT. So how is this my fault?
Old 12-27-2007, 10:47 AM
drsifu

wouldn't it be nice if my350z could listen in on a conference call between two disputing members?

this way we could moderate and there would be no he said/she said...

time to add this feature to the forums
Old 12-27-2007, 10:51 AM
jperleon

Originally Posted by TayTaythatsme04
It just seems like if somebody has had a problem with Jim, the first thing they do is start a thread about it. But thats just my

T
Like I said before, I've tried calling and emailing and he doesn't respond. This was the only way he would respond. One pm should not take 3 weeks to reply to should it?

Originally Posted by istan
The funny thing about vendors on here, they have more to lose by scamming some one person than they possible could gain. $365 with his markup is probably not going to be much. When selling parts is your bread and butter, screwing one customer over is death waiting to happen. Thus, I don't see a reason why Jim would try to scam you.

I am biased, but I have also left my $42K Roadster in Jim hands for a month while they prototyped parts. Keep in mind, I'm in Vegas, so it's not like I could pop into the shop and see my car in socal. Truthfully, if Jim was out to truly scam, a $42K roadster probably would far fetched a better gain than a $400 lip...

BTW, that lip does not look abnormal. I'm actually pretty sure that's what most lips look like when they are just help up to the bumper.

Not being offensive because i see where your coming from, but 42k is a felony that he can't get away with. You have the title and you know where you left it. Now $400 is $100 shy of a felony. It is much easier to get away with.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:55 AM
VQ35DEchick

Good thing I saw this thread! I was about to order a hood for my G35. I'm not so sure I'm going to anymore...
Old 12-27-2007, 10:55 AM
kspec

Originally Posted by drsifu
wouldn't it be nice if my350z could listen in on a conference call between two disputing members?

this way we could moderate and there would be no he said/she said...

time to add this feature to the forums
most people are not smart enough to handle this kind of responsibility.

and jp sounds like he knows what he is talking about....

people are just defending a known vendor thinking they never make mistakes.
(then ppl jump on the bandwagon because: vendor > consumer? no...)
Old 12-27-2007, 10:56 AM
kspec

Originally Posted by VQ35DEchick
Good thing I saw this thread! I was about to order a hood for my G35. I'm not so sure I'm going to anymore...
yea no offense to jim but im not ordering anything either until I see the dude satisfied or this is resolved.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:58 AM
jperleon

Originally Posted by kspec
yea no offense to jim but im not ordering anything either until I see the dude satisfied or this is resolved.

Thanks brother!

Once again I have every pm that was sent to me. I have verification that I sent money and also that paypal has sent him two messages to try to contact him. I have a Carbon copy of one of the messages that paypal sent him if anyone would like to see. I dont know what more I could save, maybe start taping my phone calls so he could hear Chuck agree to shipping charges and the fact that he said he tried calling three times to DHL?

Last edited by jperleon; 12-27-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:10 AM
AZVeilsideZ

Originally Posted by kspec

+1 because I feel like even if Jim didn't do something wrong he is not dealing with the consumer(the OP) the way he should. Customer service should be number one.It seems like Jim is doing the my way or the highway thing, and doesn't really care whether the customer is satified or not.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:13 AM
jperleon

Originally Posted by AZVeilsideZ
+1 because I feel like even if Jim didn't do something wrong he is not dealing with the consumer(the OP) the way he should. Customer service should be number one.It seems like Jim is doing the my way or the highway thing, and doesn't really care whether the customer is satified or not.
Once again, I appreicate the help guys!!! Thanks bro!
Old 12-27-2007, 11:15 AM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

how old are you and how many cars have you owned before the Z?
Old 12-27-2007, 11:18 AM
jperleon

I'm 21 and this is my fourth car. Why?
Old 12-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jperleon
Thanks brother!

Once again I have every pm that was sent to me. I have verification that I sent money and also that paypal has sent him two messages to try to contact him. I have a Carbon copy of one of the messages that paypal sent him if anyone would like to see. I dont know what more I could save, maybe start taping my phone calls so he could hear Chuck agree to shipping charges and the fact that he said he tried calling three times to DHL?
Honestly, can you read? I've explained numerous times why Chuck agreed to call DHL. I've already explained why I stopped responding to your PM's. Nobody is denying you sent me money, that you tried to contact me through paypal to pick-up your lip, that your PM's were ignored. All of your pm's said the same thing..."Your lip is packed up, come get it".
Old 12-27-2007, 11:26 AM
LAKERSFAN

Originally Posted by AZVeilsideZ

+1

this whole " i dont have to respond to you because there's nothing i can do" attitude is rediculous. i truly dont understand why people keep buying from this guy.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

I refused to make an agreement? I believe I was the first one who offered to pay for shipping.
Good, so send it back and I'll send you a replacement. End of story.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by LAKERSFAN
+1

this whole " i dont have to respond to you because there's nothing i can do" attitude is rediculous. i truly dont understand why people keep buying from this guy.
It's not a matter of "I don't care", I stopped responding when he decided to let paypal handle the dispute. They automatically deduct the $365 from my account.

I told the customer what I was willing to do, given the fact that he has yet to prove to me or Seibon that the lip doesn't fit. Show any body shop or aero piece manufacture those pictures and they will tell you that lip will fit, given the pictures provided. He refused that deal and wouldn't budge on the shipping then filed the paypal claim, what else is there to discuss? Like I said his PM's consisted of "come get your lip", nothing else.

I've said my peace in this situaton. If Jordan wants to pay for return shipping I will still swap it out.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:31 AM
jperleon

Honestly, can you read? I've explained numerous times why Chuck agreed to call DHL. I've already explained why I stopped responding to your PM's. Nobody is denying you sent me money, that you tried to contact me through paypal to pick-up your lip, that your PM's were ignored. All of your pm's said the same thing..."Your lip is packed up, come get it".
Honestly, I dont know why I still have this lip? If he truly called, it should be sitting in your shop instead of my house. That also means you lied when you said he never agreed to paying for shipping, because you would have had to pay DHL to pick it up and ship it. Now your saying he did call, which means payment would be on your end, which means he DID agree to pay for shipping.
Why would you ignore a customer if he still had a problem? That is just extremely poor customer service. Because you felt you didnt have to deal with me it was over? NO it isn't over, I'm out $365 dollars and a product that wont fit. I have given you plenty of time send a replacment and you didn't. Now I dont want your product, I want my money.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Honestly, I dont know why I still have this lip? If he truly called, it should be sitting in your shop instead of my house. That also means you lied when you said he never agreed to paying for shipping, because you would have had to pay DHL to pick it up and ship it. Now your saying he did call, which means payment would be on your end, which means he DID agree to pay for shipping.
Why would you ignore a customer if he still had a problem? That is just extremely poor customer service. Because you felt you didnt have to deal with me it was over? NO it isn't over, I'm out $365 dollars and a product that wont fit. I have given you plenty of time send a replacment and you didn't. Now I dont want your product, I want my money.
You keep going on about us calling DHL. The only reason Chuck agreed to call was because you lied to him and said I agreed to have it picked up. Once Chuck spoke to me about the situation he told you we would not be picking up the lip and that you could return it at your expense for a replacement.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:37 AM
jperleon

Once again you have said that now, and the fact is after Chuck told he was going to pay for shipping. I shouldn't have it to. It took 4 months for you to say it is ok for me to ship it back? Thats a little rediculious if you ask me.

And about my PM's. This is the last one I sent, yes i did say it was ready for pick. But I also said to contact me so I didn't have to make this thread. and if you dont believe me: Here you go!

Old 12-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Ghost 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 21 and this is my fourth car. Why?
so you switch cars every 1.25 years? (assuming the legal driving age in TN is 16)

Once again, that lip will fit.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:42 AM
jperleon

You keep going on about us calling DHL. The only reason Chuck agreed to call was because you lied to him and said I agreed to have it picked up. Once Chuck spoke to me about the situation he told you we would not be picking up the lip and that you could return it at your expense for a replacement.
I lied? haha. YOU said you couldn't speak for chuck on this matter because you dont know what happend on the phone with him? He never knew about the situation until I called the first time, after you said you had to take it up with him. When Chuck said he was paying for shipping, he never called to tell me DHL wasn't coming. There was 6 phone calls made and only 3 were answered by him and in each of those 3 conversations he said he called DHL to schedule a pick up. Which he never did. So this is another lie and an example of extremely poor customer service that no one should ever deal with. So how did I lie?

Quick Reply: Jim@showstoppers scams AGAIN