Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 12:55 PM
vinnycuz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash Light

Hello everyone, I have searched the forums for a fix for my 2005 350z AirBag light and have found many threads with solutions. However, my problem is not a flashing air bag light, it is actually a solid state airbag light. The light doesn't flash at all, it is constantly illuminated. Has anyone come across this before and fixed it? Thanks for the help.

--Vinny
Old 04-11-2008, 04:53 AM
garage-c

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
sol·id-state Audio Help /ˈsɒlɪdˈsteɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sol-id-steyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective Electronics. designating or pertaining to electronic devices, as transistors or crystals, that can control current without the use of moving parts, heated filaments, or vacuum gaps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1965–70]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

We all have solid state airbag lights buddy, we all do...
Old 04-11-2008, 06:46 PM
vinnycuz

Originally Posted by garage-c
sol·id-state Audio Help /ˈsɒlɪdˈsteɪt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sol-id-steyt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective Electronics. designating or pertaining to electronic devices, as transistors or crystals, that can control current without the use of moving parts, heated filaments, or vacuum gaps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are you a retard? In this case a SOLID STATE AITBAG LIGHT means its NOT FLASHING BUT IN A SOLID STATE you dush bag. God, internet dork. Get a life.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:07 PM
lovemysilverZ

Originally Posted by garage-c

Wow dude, what a waste of energy...

Vinny, Dont listen to that, not that anyone normal could understand it let alone it even making sense to the issue your having.

just have it diagnosed (find someone to do it for free like a local firend) with OBDII (onboard diagnostics)...mine flashes but im too lazy to search and figure out what to do...but where as your is a non flashing light, the OBDII might tell you whats wrong, hope this helps and let me know what it is when u find out so maybe i can fix mine eventually
Old 04-11-2008, 07:19 PM
vinnycuz

Originally Posted by lovemysilverZ
Wow dude, what a waste of energy...

Vinny, Dont listen to that, not that anyone normal could understand it let alone it even making sense to the issue your having.

just have it diagnosed (find someone to do it for free like a local firend) with OBDII (onboard diagnostics)...mine flashes but im too lazy to search and figure out what to do...but where as your is a non flashing light, the OBDII might tell you whats wrong, hope this helps and let me know what it is when u find out so maybe i can fix mine eventually
Thanks alot man, I am new to the forum and a 350z owner and I came here because I thought it was a highly respected forum and this dude above points out a dictionary definition, like holy **** for real, I am no noob to internet forums, I owned my own a few times, nextelnoob.com and vinnycuz.com were mine. I have no respect for people like this.

Thanks alot for your opinion, I am going to see if I can go to my friends shop and have him check it out, I am NOT going to the dealer, FT! LOL
Old 04-11-2008, 07:31 PM
lovemysilverZ

I know where your coming from and u have a good case to start a new thread!

I just couldnt believe all that CRAP, this is a mechanics forum not English Class, I graduated high school to get away from that S***, it had nothing to do with what you were asking and you CLEARY stated that your light was constently lit unlike other z owners Z's where they flash. Your case is 100%. just let me know what it is when u find out! I got your back so Welcome to my350z bro, Im in Maine if u ever come out this way just give me a shout.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:19 AM
sukebe

This thread is unintentionally hilarious.

Good luck on fixing the problem though. Did you perform a mod to cause airbag light to come on?
Old 04-13-2008, 01:59 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's sarcasm for "solid lit" indicator. The indicator for the airbag warning as well as others are LED, and LED is technically a solid state device.

Anyhow, do you have an aftermarket (i.e., airbag-less) steering wheel? If not, then you might want to check a couple of things. It can be a faulty component in the system relating to airbag control.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:06 AM
vinnycuz

Sorry guys didn't see the replies I abandoned the thread when it got out of hand, but no I haven't fixed it yet. The only thing that was done was an aftermarket radio. I performed the ignition trick to no aval. When I get it checked out I will let everyone know. Thanks!