Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey Guys Here are some pics of my Z with the esprit kit replica and volks

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 07:07 PM
daytona350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by BigBadBlackTrack
kinda off topic BUT... so if i buy a fake Rolex and because of that I impress the ladies, my boss, my gfs mom and everyone else.

Does it make it right to buy a fake watch just to say I have a Rolex? But hey even if its a fake, it fits like it, looks like it and feels like it.

So....
nice analogy! hehe

but i DO have to ask again...
250$ injen intake
700$ exhaust
3k rims and tires
6k for supercharger??

WHY a fake kit???
Old 08-14-2003, 08:03 PM
IPT

Originally posted by daytona350z
nice analogy! hehe

but i DO have to ask again...
250$ injen intake
700$ exhaust
3k rims and tires
6k for supercharger??

WHY a fake kit???
Got it faster Would have taken 120 days or more

Plus I have seen Davids work I knew it was quality !

I saw the real kit and it didn't even fit right Some of you Guys would have been amazed of how the real kit fit and looked.

Now the real vertex Kit is awesome great quality etc....

But the real esprit kit Damn !

alot of time had to go into the fit and finish of the original Esprit kit.

Then a mold was made for it creating the replica kit

IPT

Last edited by IPT; 08-14-2003 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:17 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

so hes impatient

thats the answer
Old 08-14-2003, 08:22 PM
daytona350z

Originally posted by ihatethatbobbarker
so hes impatient

thats the answer
O I C

so he settled for a kit that would come faster.....i c i c...

o well.....

but if the mold was made from the real kit, and as u say the real kit sucked, how is your kit any better or better fitting than the real kit? when even the fake....errr...i mean....replica kit it was made fromthe real kt?
Old 08-14-2003, 08:32 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

coming fast is not necessarily a good thing.

i couldnt resist that ill understand if i get a yellow card.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:37 PM
djkern
Banned

fake kit....real kit. to each his own...why fight and argue about it?

also, my girlfriend has implants....does that make her a bad person cause those are fake? i don't care if they are fake...they look amazing to me.
Old 08-14-2003, 08:38 PM
daytona350z

coming fast is not necessarily a good thing.

so wrong in so many ways
Old 08-14-2003, 09:00 PM
ihatethatbobbarker

Originally posted by djkern

also, my girlfriend has implants....does that make her a bad person cause those are fake? i don't care if they are fake...they look amazing to me.

exception to the rule
Old 08-14-2003, 09:16 PM
BigBadBlackTrack

( o )( o )
Old 08-15-2003, 05:31 AM
350Zforums
Banned

My replica fits better because my Kit that was used for the mold was made to fit perfect. Using this good fit enabled us to make the kit you see on our customers cars today. I have no death threats because of some hideous amount of time or money spent to make it fit, my guys get theirs within 7-10 days and installed without hesitation.

Fake *****- Cool ( yeah DJ!) Fake Rolex's - I bought my dad one for Xmas because he'd pitch a fit if I spent the real amount for identical looks, Fake kits-better fit, less wait and more dough for other mods.

If Parker would have said 7 pages and 1000 posts ago. Look at my REAL espirit kit and all this crap, you copy haters would have said..that is sweet that REAL espirit is so nice. It technically is real Espirit since a real kit is what is sitting in the mold as we speak. But I wont even go there!
Old 08-15-2003, 07:42 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

isnt it only 5 pages?
Old 08-15-2003, 08:04 AM
ZLuva

Originally posted by djkern

Oh boy can you post a pic of that! J/K
Old 08-15-2003, 09:38 AM
swifty949

Originally posted by 350zforums
My replica fits better because my Kit that was used for the mold was made to fit perfect. Using this good fit enabled us to make the kit you see on our customers cars today. I have no death threats because of some hideous amount of time or money spent to make it fit, my guys get theirs within 7-10 days and installed without hesitation.

Fake *****- Cool ( yeah DJ!) Fake Rolex's - I bought my dad one for Xmas because he'd pitch a fit if I spent the real amount for identical looks, Fake kits-better fit, less wait and more dough for other mods.

If Parker would have said 7 pages and 1000 posts ago. Look at my REAL espirit kit and all this crap, you copy haters would have said..that is sweet that REAL espirit is so nice. It technically is real Espirit since a real kit is what is sitting in the mold as we speak. But I wont even go there!
Any pictures of the inside of the unfinished imitation bumper? I'd like to see the predrilled bolt holes, to agree with your statements.

Someone mentioned about generic in a grocery store, and this being the same thing... this is a totally seperate issue. Say you go to the store, and you buy a Klennex box, but next to it is the exact same packaging, and a logo on the box that says Imitation Kleenex, yet it's a 1/4 of the price lower. The function is the same, but they are very different. You really think that's legal?

Another comparison, Steak. A steak at Denny's is not the same steak at Chris Ruth's steak house. Yes they both come from a cow, one is cheaper than the other. Yet the more expensive one, tastes so much better.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:11 AM
wren57
Banned

^so its called preference. this is an example of subjective truth, not objective truth. the steak at ruth's chris only tastes better because you believe it to, no other reason.
Old 08-15-2003, 10:50 AM
Wicked4u2c

Good job man, I feal that a lot of people are just jelous that you got a magazine shot and they don't. Me personally am not a fan of replica kit's either, but I look at it as just raw material fiberglass. And just because the "original manufacture" make's it doesn't mean its 100% perfect or flawless. Look at Veilside, I have heard lots of horror stories with their kit. When people start reffering stuff like "Oh why didn't you just get ADR Rims instead of Volk" is the most stupid comment ever. How can you compare such a thing from quality wheels to non-quality. The way I see it is Espirit has Mass Production and probably takes them 2 hours to make a kit (I don't know I just guessed). You probably took 8 hours because you wanted a "perfect" fit. Because its "your" car. And its understandable. I have seen people work with fiberglass and do magnificent jobs, I personally know a car stereo shop that does insane work with molding TV's and what not making it look factory. Its funny how people make anology's that don't even compare. Because I bet if you told everyone that was the real deal nobody would know... The way I see it its more like this... You buy a Polo Shirt or just a regular shirt.. Both are made out of the same stuff just one has a logo and one doesn't. Both manufactured by the same people BELIEVE IT OR NOT. Just one has a name because they spend money on marketing so they need to get their money back. So that extra 1K you were going to spend on the Body Kit was for their marketing which you didn't feel needed. Like I said, Im not down for replica's but yours looks good so if your car is clean looking that is all that matters. Congrats dude, and don't let these haters bring you down. Half of these people wished they even had that fake kit on their car..
Old 08-15-2003, 11:42 AM
ihatethatbobbarker

veilside also backs up their products if theirs flaws
Old 08-15-2003, 11:54 AM
IPT

When not on my celica or S2000

Dealt with them in the past with that

IPT
Old 08-15-2003, 12:30 PM
Wicked4u2c

That's fine? I saw what these front lips were looking like all really crappy, quite frankly I would go with a company that doesn't back up their product but fits 100% perfect and I don't need to take it off my car and keep returning it just because "Veilside" pays $1,500 for magazine ad on Super Street and what not. Like I said, I go with Name brand products myself but I do give exception to certain things, Fiberglass is Fiberglass. Now if this kit was offered in Polyurethane or ABS Plastic from the original manufacture than I would be ripping on IPT right now! But the way I see it is Fiberglass SUCKS! I have and will never put Fiberglass on my car plain and simple. I hate it because to me whether it comes from "Veilside" or your backyard its still going to crack and chip easily. I have seen it many times and the way I drive and my car sits low I would of already ripped that damn kit. Look I have the Trust front lip and I already broke it off once, thank god it wasn't fiberglass or it would of been a waste. So anyhow a company can back their product up but what good is it when you have to return it all the time??
Old 08-15-2003, 01:04 PM
swifty949

Originally posted by Wicked4u2c
That's fine? I saw what these front lips were looking like all really crappy, quite frankly I would go with a company that doesn't back up their product but fits 100% perfect and I don't need to take it off my car and keep returning it just because "Veilside" pays $1,500 for magazine ad on Super Street and what not. Like I said, I go with Name brand products myself but I do give exception to certain things, Fiberglass is Fiberglass. Now if this kit was offered in Polyurethane or ABS Plastic from the original manufacture than I would be ripping on IPT right now! But the way I see it is Fiberglass SUCKS! I have and will never put Fiberglass on my car plain and simple. I hate it because to me whether it comes from "Veilside" or your backyard its still going to crack and chip easily. I have seen it many times and the way I drive and my car sits low I would of already ripped that damn kit. Look I have the Trust front lip and I already broke it off once, thank god it wasn't fiberglass or it would of been a waste. So anyhow a company can back their product up but what good is it when you have to return it all the time??

big difference, there was nothing flawed in the first place with the veilside lips. It was people that broke them installing them wrong, that was the problem. It was the customer service that took the unneccesary step to replace the parts for the people who installed it wrong.

ANYWAY, This thread should be killed. This will never end. Moderator please put it out of it's misery.

Last edited by swifty949; 08-15-2003 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-15-2003, 02:12 PM
ZLuva

So when is the photo shoot and what issue are you gonna be on? I just think it's cool that one of our fellow 350Z drivers is getting auch an opprotunity. Even if you don't like the magazine it's still national (maybe international) coverage!! and that can only be a good thing for the Z. Right?

Quick Reply: Hey Guys Here are some pics of my Z with the esprit kit replica and volks