Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Belt Extenders, anyone know the part #?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 10:40 AM
burner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Belt Extenders, anyone know the part #?

Hey all,

I can't for the life of me find a place to buy or find the part number for the seatbelt extender pieces that attach at the top to prevent the belt from rubbing your neck. Both mine are broken and I can't find them anywhere! Any help would be great!
Old 12-10-2008, 12:03 PM
burner

Nobody knows?
Old 12-11-2008, 05:27 AM
burner

ttt, anyone?
Old 12-11-2008, 08:58 AM
o2sys

i dont want to be mean but....search is your friend:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/nissan-...=714_881_1238&

took me 1 min on google

unless your talking about the seatbelt guide/holder plastic trim piece...then i believe it has no individual part #, it comes complete with the seat belt assembly, standard on 04+
Old 12-11-2008, 09:16 AM
burner

Originally Posted by o2sys
i dont want to be mean but....search is your friend:

http://www.courtesyparts.com/nissan-...=714_881_1238&

took me 1 min on google

unless your talking about the seatbelt guide/holder plastic trim piece...then i believe it has no individual part #, it comes complete with the seat belt assembly, standard on 04+
Yeah, that's not what I am talking about. What you mentioned (the guide/holder plastic) is what I am after. I check courtesy parts and they don't show the piece on the diagram for the seatbelt. Any ideas?
Old 12-11-2008, 09:33 AM
350z26

i thought you were talking bout extenders for fatnesses like on airplanes. hahaha... "dude, i'll fit. just slam the door shut" haha
Old 12-11-2008, 09:37 AM
burner

Originally Posted by 350z26
i thought you were talking bout extenders for fatnesses like on airplanes. hahaha... "dude, i'll fit. just slam the door shut" haha
Haha no...those would look funny in the Z though...
Old 12-11-2008, 09:56 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
Default seat belt guide/extension?

Are you looking for this piece in the pic below?

The seat belt guide? the red circle and blue circle combo??

If so, they are all one unit and come with the seatbelt already through the SLOT in the BLUE circle section.

your in Austin; and pretty much any major city in Texas has huge junk yards....

I have personally seen Z's at junk yards with seatbelts in tack and i have seen them where the seat belts have been clean cut ---- probably by rescue crew removing the injured/dead driver........

junk yards wont sell just pieces, and well, you cant simply just buy that piece anyways.......so your best bet is to probably go down to a junk yard and pull the seat belt assy........which isnt that hard to do.

Pull the interior plastic back and dismount all the pieces and then mount on your car.......i would however check their functionality since if you do get it at a junk yard, they may be broken from the impact of the car wreck - if the driver/passenger were in fact wearing their seat belts......

-J
Attached Thumbnails Seat Belt Extenders, anyone know the part #?-seat-belt-guide.jpg  
Old 12-11-2008, 10:01 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

I have built up a good reputation with a few junk yards in the DFW area.......if you want me to look and ask how much the next time i go i can??

I wont charge ya anything, since im gonna be going anyways......let me know if you want me to look out for you...

I travel through austin often too......so we can probably meet up....

-J
Old 12-11-2008, 11:23 AM
burner

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
Are you looking for this piece in the pic below?

The seat belt guide? the red circle and blue circle combo??

If so, they are all one unit and come with the seatbelt already through the SLOT in the BLUE circle section.

your in Austin; and pretty much any major city in Texas has huge junk yards....

I have personally seen Z's at junk yards with seatbelts in tack and i have seen them where the seat belts have been clean cut ---- probably by rescue crew removing the injured/dead driver........

junk yards wont sell just pieces, and well, you cant simply just buy that piece anyways.......so your best bet is to probably go down to a junk yard and pull the seat belt assy........which isnt that hard to do.

Pull the interior plastic back and dismount all the pieces and then mount on your car.......i would however check their functionality since if you do get it at a junk yard, they may be broken from the impact of the car wreck - if the driver/passenger were in fact wearing their seat belts......

-J
Thats exactly the piece I'm looking for. It just dawned on me (when you mentioned it) that the belt goes through it and you can't just slip it in. My thinking was that I'd pop the stopper (the plastic button that prevents the buckle from sliding all the way down) off the belt, unbolt the belt on the bottom and slide the buckle off, then slide the end of the belt through the new seat belt guide piece and bolt it all back up. Seems like this would be easier than replacing the whole belt assembly. When I bought my car they were broke so I just pulled them out, and ever since then the damn belt rubs my neck and it is really annoying! If you come across something in the junkyard that would be cool, but I don't want to pay too much as it is really not that big of a deal. Let me know if you see anything, thanks again!

Last edited by burner; 12-11-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:27 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by burner
Thats exactly the piece I'm looking for. It just dawned on me (when you mentioned it) that the belt goes through it and you can't just slip it in. When I bought my car they were broke so I just pulled them out, and ever since then the damn belt rubs my neck. If you come across something in the junkyard that would be cool, but I don't want to pay too much as it is really not that big of a deal. Let me know if you see anything, thanks again!
ya no problem...........it doesn't hurt to ask.....so ill let you know what they tell me......

-Jason
Old 12-11-2008, 11:36 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Also, if you still have your old section. Take a hard look at how the BLUE circled section connects to the Red circled section....there is swivel point there -- im not looking at one myself other than this picture but that tells me their is some kind of fastener there - either permanent installed or possibly removable........

either way. its quite possible you can fab up a new piece of the blue section using a steel or alloy and weld shut.

I dunno..........just an option.........especially since im sure that purchasing an entire seat belt assy, junk yard or not will be more costly that what its worth........???

Also, while visiting junk yards you can possibly look to see if other cars have pieces like the BLUE circled section that you can mount for a clean oem look.....Im sure there are tons of different styles of those guys hanging around at a junk yard that can be used.....

plus, i love to fab crap up........

i made this piece below for my friends harness bar mount harness strap attachment point on his MIATA........lol...i said miata....lol..

-j
Attached Thumbnails Seat Belt Extenders, anyone know the part #?-img_5025.jpg  
Old 01-12-2009, 12:23 PM
burner

Did you ever get a chance to check into this?