Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Showstoppers Update

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 11:56 AM
robbinsj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Showstoppers Update

Well it seems I got a little out of hand and got banned for the weekend and they locked my thread https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...hat-sucks.html so I will start a new one and reframe from being an @$$.

The basics:
1) Ordered item on 12-18-08
2) Called every other day for the tracking number but never recieved it nor a call back.
3) Recieved item with spider crack "Grandma signed as I was never given the tracking number, thus I was not given the chance to inspect prior"
4) Returned item
5) Awaiting new Seibon TS side skirts

The Problem:
1) Called Showstoppers many times and they never return my calls.

Problem:
I have called them 2 - 3 times a week for any info and they only take messages for the manager " Chuck". This guy " Chuck" has NEVER called me back. Out of the 50+ long distance calls from FL to CA have not been returned. I would have taken the day off to be there if I had the ups tracking number and new when it was delivered. Absolutly the worst communication I have experiaced with any vendors.

Solution:
Being as this was my first time in this situation I made a post for suggestions on what to do. I ended up calling my credit card company on Friday after I was Banned and reversed the charges.

Where the shiz hit the fan:
I was honest and filed negative feedback for Jim and put:

"This shop does not return calls and blew me off"

I was never called nor given the tracking number and Jim knows this but he rather lie in order to make this shop look good so he feedbacks me with this:

"Didn't inspect it, puts all blame on us. INSPECT YOUR PRODCUT BEFORE SIGNING !"

In the end:
I just want to inform others about this shop and there customer service as this has been by far the worst experiance and frustration I have ever experianced. I rather buy from a "0" feedback member than buy from this vendor again.

To the members I pissed off on Friday "2-6-09":

Sorry, I blew my lid when I got that unhonest feedback from Jim and I acted without respect.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:59 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome back, I hope you learned from your timeout. Sounds like you did.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:08 PM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by trodis
Welcome back, I hope you learned from your timeout. Sounds like you did.
Thanks, I have learned my lesson and only hope I did not upset to many of our honest members.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:26 PM
drsifu

it's unfortunate.

Showstoppers does numerous transactions on this and many other forums, so there will be people who had positive experiences and those like you who had negative ones.

It's apparent they have accepted this fact and can deal with the few bad transactions, since they will always cite the good ones.

In your case, it's obvious a great company would have sent you another product and taken the hit waiting for the shipping company to reimburse.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Done Deal DR

Welcome back!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:30 PM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't understand how people are supposed to inspect their package when they don't even know when said package is going to arrive.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:36 PM
TheOtherRob

I think that its funny to inspect the package first. I made an order with Jim, and everything went smooth besides the fact that the delivery guy left my purchase sitting on my doorstep when no one was home. That would have been great if someone stole it. But any way, It took me nearly 15 minutes to get through all the bubble wrap, cardboard, wrapping paper, and tape. I cant imagine that a deliver guy would stick around for that. I must admit that they box their stuff up great.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:36 PM
JEKL

Didn't bother me one bit. It's not like you made meaningful threads take 10 times the amount of time to read by adding one word worthless comments, or hijacked a thread to pick a fight with another member about how much of a bad a$$ you/your car is. Now that's something that should actually bother people. From what I remember, there were at least a few posts from others who had the same problem as you did. So I can see how that just fueled the flames for you. Having said that, yeah you did go overboard a little.

You only got banned for a weekend??? I did way less than you did and got banned for 5 days! WTF???
Old 02-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Done Deal DR

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
I don't understand how people are supposed to inspect their package when they don't even know when said package is going to arrive.
The Chewbaca Defense:

But seriously, not knowing when a package is going to arrive would make it hard to inspect. Also, in a lot of these cases the shipper will just drop off packages that are supposed to be signed for, which I've had happen several times. Luckily I've never run into this situation, so I guess 'knock on wood' for now.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

We can argue until you're blue in the face or until you throw another childish temper tantrum but it still won't change the fact you have to wait for the carriers claim to be completed before any compensation is given.

I see no lies in my feedback left for you.
""Didn't inspect it, puts all blame on us. INSPECT YOUR PRODCUT BEFORE SIGNING !""

Unless you did inspect your package and you haven taken responsibility for the fact you didn't inspect it as you were instructed to do so. We have spoken to you over the phone and have said we would call you AFTER your claim process was complete, which it still isn't. We informed you on more then one occasion over the phone that because you signed off on the package that the claims process would take 2-4 weeks to complete. You can point fingers at us all you want but at the end of the day we shipped you a perfect brand new set of Seibon AS side skirts (with full insurance) that were unfortunatly damaged during transit. To try and avoid these long claims process we ask that all customers inspect the package prior to signing, which you did not do and we must now wait for the carriers clam to be approved.

Mods- The OP has already created one thread (well about 20 if you count histemper tantrum), is there REALLY a need for an "update" thread on something that hasn't changed at all. The OP's original thread was locked for good reason and it should have remained that way. I will be brining this up with IBAdrian, for a member to post personal information about our shop owner in hopes of causing personal harm should not be tolerated in any form on this site and to se this clown allowed back on this site is truely disappointing.

Last edited by Jim@Showstoppers; 02-09-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's amazing how long these claims processes take. It seems unbelievably simple to do.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:12 PM
t0mills

Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
We can argue until you're blue in the face or until you throw another childish temper tantrum but it still won't change the fact you have to wait for the carriers claim to be completed before any compensation is given.

I see no lies in my feedback left for you.
""Didn't inspect it, puts all blame on us. INSPECT YOUR PRODCUT BEFORE SIGNING !""

Unless you did inspect your package and you haven taken responsibility for the fact you didn't inspect it as you were instructed to do so. We have spoken to you over the phone and have said we would call you AFTER your claim process was complete, which it still isn't. We informed you on more then one occasion over the phone that because you signed off on the package that the claims process would take 2-4 weeks to complete. You can point fingers at us all you want but at the end of the day we shipped you a perfect brand new set of Seibon AS side skirts (with full insurance) that were unfortunatly damaged during transit. To try and avoid these long claims process we ask that all customers inspect the package prior to signing, which you did not do and we must now wait for the carriers clam to be approved.

Mods- The OP has already created one thread (well about 20 if you count histemper tantrum), is there REALLY a need for an "update" thread on something that hasn't changed at all. The OP's original thread was locked for good reason and it should have remained that way. I will be brining this up with IBAdrian, for a member to post personal information about our shop owner in hopes of causing personal harm should not be tolerated in any form on this site and to se this clown allowed back on this site is truely disappointing.

I see what you are saying, but you seem to be skirting the issue at hand.

Why wasn't the OP given some sort of tracking info so that he would know when the package was going to arrive?

Most people don't sit around their house everyday waiting for something to arrive. However; with a tracking number, you can make sure that you can be there TO inspect the package.

You said in your feedback to him:

How is it his fault that you never returned phone calls or provided him with tracking info?

-Tim
Old 02-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You all know why the last one was locked. At least Robbinsj took the time to say sorry for his behavior. just want to keep this civil.

we ALL have had some experience with crappy shipping incidents.. there are certain rules to abide by for accepting packages.. i ALWAYS open it infront of the delivery guy first.. i make him wait since they made me wait in 4 hour blocks..

the next update we should hear from Robbinsj is "i got my replacement part" or "i got my claims taken care of".. in the meantime.. no need to beat a dead horse.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Edit- as per Chestons last post.

Last edited by Jim@Showstoppers; 02-09-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TheOtherRob
I think that its funny to inspect the package first. I made an order with Jim, and everything went smooth besides the fact that the delivery guy left my purchase sitting on my doorstep when no one was home. That would have been great if someone stole it. But any way, It took me nearly 15 minutes to get through all the bubble wrap, cardboard, wrapping paper, and tape. I cant imagine that a deliver guy would stick around for that. I must admit that they box their stuff up great.
qft.. I would never, ever ever ever, make a delivery guy hang out for 10-15 mins while I unpack my package in front of him to inspect it thoroughly. that is a silly policy and is very unlikely that said delivery person will have the time or willingness to wait.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:35 PM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by Chebosto
You all know why the last one was locked. At least Robbinsj took the time to say sorry for his behavior. just want to keep this civil.

we ALL have had some experience with crappy shipping incidents.. there are certain rules to abide by for accepting packages.. i ALWAYS open it infront of the delivery guy first.. i make him wait since they made me wait in 4 hour blocks..

the next update we should hear from Robbinsj is "i got my replacement part" or "i got my claims taken care of".. in the meantime.. no need to beat a dead horse.
Sorry did not see this and I will not beat the horse any more. Just wanted to reply to jim.