Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Official interior rattle list.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009 | 09:24 PM
smellyborrelli

Default Official interior rattle list.

My 03 is starting to have some rattles inside. I searched the forums to see if I could find similar problems and there are lotssss of threads on different one. I Though it would be cool to have one thread in which we can all post our rattles that we find.

Post your rattles and then post a link any other threads that exist about this rattle.

I am going to start working on mine this week. I will post what I find and hopefully I can help some people out.
Old 02-25-2009 | 09:43 PM
RedSled

Only rattle I have so far in my '03 is when I have my driver's side window rolled down about halfways. It's more like a squeaking sound... I think something inside the door panel may have come loose. 29K miles.
Old 02-25-2009 | 10:06 PM
ekidd

In my 04.5, I get a rattle on my rear view mirror, the cup holder that pops out on the passenger side dash, and sometimes my rear passenger coilover.
Old 02-25-2009 | 10:11 PM
aloh

My rear strut bar cover used to creak until i shoved some foam under the plastic to prevent it from wiggling around.
Old 02-25-2009 | 10:14 PM
35oZephyR

-Plastic area around the blinking led light on the dash squeaked when cold. (wedged a grommet there)

-Metal knee-saver inside the dash in front of the passenger air bag had a slight buzzing sound (dynamatted)
Old 02-25-2009 | 10:34 PM
Ericshere03

The Multi function screen reddles like there is a bean in there
Metal part of the strut bard raddles occasionally
Passanger upper middle raddles with road and speaker at certian frequencies

The only one that P!$$e$ me off is the multi function screen, always there in front of my face... Well i guess i need a stereo for good enough reason to pull apart my center console\dash
Old 02-25-2009 | 10:52 PM
maximariceboi

Before the exhaust, something inside the passager side door....with the exhaust on, the damn interior rattles like no other....lol.
Old 02-25-2009 | 11:40 PM
Chineseguy

After exhaust, everything rattles.
Old 02-25-2009 | 11:43 PM
quakerroatmeal

Originally Posted by Ericshere03
The Multi function screen reddles like there is a bean in there
Metal part of the strut bard raddles occasionally
Passanger upper middle raddles with road and speaker at certian frequencies

The only one that P!$$e$ me off is the multi function screen, always there in front of my face... Well i guess i need a stereo for good enough reason to pull apart my center console\dash
What the hell is a multi function screen?

I have my rear view mirror rattle sometimes as well. Kind of lazy to fix it. I hate how when you hit some random bump something in the car rattles, like the interior isn't solid. And probably isn't.
Old 02-26-2009 | 03:04 AM
Z04

got the infamous mirror rattle as well. even did the DIY to silence it but to no avail. also got some creaks and that from the rear deck area as well.
Old 02-26-2009 | 09:16 AM
Waiz
Premier Member
Premier Member

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
-Plastic area around the blinking led light on the dash squeaked when cold. (wedged a grommet there)

-Metal knee-saver inside the dash in front of the passenger air bag had a slight buzzing sound (dynamatted)
I've tried to remove the LED alarm light to re-tighten the connection and stop the rattle, but I couldn't get separate it from the dash. How were you able to wedge a grommet in between?
Old 02-26-2009 | 09:30 AM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by waizzz
I've tried to remove the LED alarm light to re-tighten the connection and stop the rattle, but I couldn't get separate it from the dash. How were you able to wedge a grommet in between?
I didn't mess with the housing or take apart the dash.

A rubber grommet was wedged between the dash and windshield where you can't see it. The pressure to the LED housing stopped all the rattle/vibration.
Old 02-26-2009 | 09:47 AM
maximariceboi

Originally Posted by Chineseguy
After exhaust, everything rattles.
Well, my set up drowns pretty bad. The seats are like a massage chair lol.
Old 02-26-2009 | 10:10 AM
RedBullRR

Passenger Dash, Stuffed a T-Shirt in the Knee Saver. Mirror Rattles Took it apart and put Silicon on the joints as well as buttons. And driver and passenger door. Turns out that was a loose bolt for the window rails. They loosen up on ther own I guess.
Old 02-26-2009 | 10:19 AM
maximariceboi

^^ good to know. thanks!
Old 02-26-2009 | 11:32 AM
Gag83

i got ****ing everything rattling i hate this car. 2 things in the rear, something in the dash and the damn steering wheel to. its an 06 its only a few years old shouldnt be doing this..
Old 02-26-2009 | 11:39 AM
Done Deal DR

Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
What the hell is a multi function screen?

I have my rear view mirror rattle sometimes as well. Kind of lazy to fix it. I hate how when you hit some random bump something in the car rattles, like the interior isn't solid. And probably isn't.
The multi-function gauge, it's the one on the far left of the gauge cluster than shows you things like MPG (), Distance till empty, MPH (), etc.
Old 02-26-2009 | 12:26 PM
ninor

I hear a squeek by driver's seat belt thats right next to my ear and it's annoying the crap out of me... also there is a rattle somewehre in passenger door. This last weekend I dynamatted my trunk and I broke part that holds the clip in on the right side rear strut top piece and on the back of the trunk where the trunk light is However, I don't hear any rattles coming from those two spots yet... we'll see if it changes once I install my sound system this weekend.... 1 10" and front comps
Old 02-26-2009 | 10:43 PM
Ericshere03

Originally Posted by Done Deal DR
The multi-function gauge, it's the one on the far left of the gauge cluster than shows you things like MPG (), Distance till empty, MPH (), etc.
Thank You
Old 02-27-2009 | 08:24 AM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by ninor
I hear a squeek by driver's seat belt thats right next to my ear and it's annoying the crap out of me... also there is a rattle somewehre in passenger door. This last weekend I dynamatted my trunk and I broke part that holds the clip in on the right side rear strut top piece and on the back of the trunk where the trunk light is However, I don't hear any rattles coming from those two spots yet... we'll see if it changes once I install my sound system this weekend.... 1 10" and front comps
Dynamat is great for bigger panels and obvious vibration from your sub but it's the little things that you can't really solve.

Try this during your install:
Foam weather stripping (that come in a roll) does wonders. When you're installing your system, apply some to areas where plastic panels are contacting each other. Wrap some around wires that may be sitting against a panel.

In the doors there are loose harnesses and cables (for the door handle/locks) that kind of rest freely against the door card. Wrap some of those up so they don't contact the panels. You'll notice that Nissan does this to a bare minimum, so it's obiviously the culprit.

Quick Reply: Official interior rattle list.