Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my plans...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 04:30 PM
JPizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my plans...

I've had my silver touring edition 350z for about three months now, it's all stock as of now, but here are the upgrades im planning on...

wheels- axis se7en mod w/kuhmo or yoko tires

system-
mtx thuner 8000 subs (dual 12's)
rockford fosgate punch 801s amp
pioneer head unit
sony 6.5 wide screen tv (where nav would go)
and ps2 (cheaper then buying a sep dvd playa...)

Appearance mods-
lambo door kit
kool small antenna (called jdm altezza or summin, already got on ebay)
13% tinting
smoked tail and headlights

performance mods-
intake, exhaust, chip and sum engine dress up stuff
eibech lowering springs

what you all think? of course, not getting all at once...getting system, wheels and tints first (as soon as i get my z back from the body shop)

Last edited by JPizzle; 09-11-2003 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:16 PM
thackattk

We have similiar taste
Attached Thumbnails my plans...-lambo-door-12-resize.jpg  
Old 09-11-2003, 06:17 PM
JPizzle

great minds think alike

did u buy the lambo conversion kit from the site for 2k or did u have a custom install? i need to talk to my body shop guy, but i think if i describe them to him that he can get the parts and do it for much cheaper.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:18 PM
JPizzle

i think im gonna go for a whole silver/black thing, im gonna get black rims and a kaminari c/f hood, mixxed with the smoked head and tail lights, black grill and tinting, it'll look sick

Last edited by JPizzle; 09-11-2003 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-11-2003, 08:32 PM
thackattk

did u buy the lambo conversion kit from the site for 2k or did u have a custom install? i need to talk to my body shop guy, but i think if i describe them to him that he can get the parts and do it for much cheaper.
There is alot more involved in customizing a lambo hinge than you think! I live about 2 miles from CarExcess (lambo door shop), and I've seen the whole process of designing the hinges. The guy that does it has 30 years experiece and does an incredible job. I've also seen some botched jobs where people tried to modify their own hinge and weld the hinge to the car. They ended up driving down to Carxs in Largo, Fl. from New York, have the welded hinges removed and redone, and I've seen it on more than one occasion.
I'm sure you could probably find someone that could do it, but it may end up costing you more in the long run!
Good luck
Old 09-11-2003, 08:34 PM
JPizzle

oh snap, theyre in largo, fl? How far away is that from miami? And how much do they charge for the whole kit installed, or do you have to buy the kit seperately and they install?
and also, when u buy the kit, what comes with it?
Old 09-11-2003, 08:53 PM
thackattk

Go to www.carxs.com for more info.
Largo, Fl is a suburb of St. Petersburg. It's about a 5 hr. drive from Miami. The kit is a bolt on application and the hinges are painted body color and match your car perfectly. I believe the kit installed is around $2200.00 and they accept all major credit cards.
Call Ian at CarXS if you want to set up an appointment. Don't be surprised if you are on about a month waiting list. Once your car is in the shop they usually have it completed in 1 to 2 days and it's perfect.
They have cars driving in from all over Florida, not to mention several different states: New York(Couple of 350Zs, Honda Accord, Acura Integra), New Jersey(Mini Cooper, 350Z), Kansas(Z28), North Carolina(Celica), Tennessee(350Z), Alabama(Tiburon), and several other states of which I can't recall. It's amazing to see all these different tags pull in on a weekly basis, and this is all within the last month.
Anyways, good luck with your mods! It's addicting!!!
Old 09-11-2003, 08:55 PM
JPizzle

It really is addicting, why wouldn't my body shop buy be able to get the parts and install for me?
Old 09-11-2003, 09:40 PM
thackattk

If you're talking about buying the bolt on kit and having your body shop install, then you shouldn't have any problems.
With the bolt on kit, all you do is remove both fenders, both doors, both door panels, remove the old hinge, replace with lambo hinge, attach doors, make minor adjustments, shave both fenders so the hinge will fit(sounds hard, but cutting with air saw takes about 5 minutes per fender), extend wiring for power doors and locks(wiring included), replace door panels, replace fenders, and your done. Should take someone with experience about 3 to 4 hours I would guess.

If you're talking about buying metal and air shocks, and making a hinge from scratch, you'll have tons of problems!
Old 09-11-2003, 09:42 PM
JPizzle

damn capitalism, I guess i need to pay 2k
Old 09-11-2003, 11:26 PM
MySunset350Z

those doors are looking nice, but is it worth the 2k?
i was going for the lambo door thing, but i dropped the money on the nx nitrous instead. (almost done with the install)
oh and i saved about $500.00

u think that price will ever go down? like to maybe $500? actually i'd think about buying it if its at 1g...maybe
either way that is still sweet. great mod.
Old 09-12-2003, 11:36 AM
JPizzle

i doubt theyre going down and i know theyre overpriced, but to me theyre worth the $$$, oh, and i hate nitrous systems, but thats jes me, im weird like that
Old 09-12-2003, 07:20 PM
FLY BY Z

Originally posted by JPizzle
damn capitalism, I guess i need to pay 2k
You mean damn specialization. But trust me because if it weren't for that everything would be out of everyone's price range. I don't think that is such a high price for such a major aesthetic change.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:29 AM
JPizzle

jes ordered my vert doors
when i get my car back from bodyshop it will have the rims, vert doors, and smoked lights, the next day i go and get my system installed and the tinting done
Old 09-13-2003, 06:30 PM
thackattk

Hey JPizzle,
You're gonna love the doors. Just wanted to let you know that Jerry (30 yrs experience) at Carxs can smoke your taillights and mist your headlights bodycolor (you have to see it, check out the orange eclipse on their site for an example) for you while your car is in the shop. And if you bring your stereo stuff with you, Danny, who works at Boulevard Customs(One of the better stereo install places in the area), he also works at Carxs on his off time, can probably install your stereo. Give Ian a call and discuss all this with him. You won't be dissapointed with any of their work!
What an expensive hobby huh!
Old 09-13-2003, 06:32 PM
JPizzle

very expensive, how far of a drive is the shop from exit 13b on I75? (thought id get explicit so you know where im talkin bout)
Old 09-13-2003, 06:53 PM
thackattk

Take I75 North to I4 West. Take I4 West to I275 South. Take I275 South past Downtown Tampa, across the long bridge over Tampa Bay and into Pinellas County, then exit onto Ulmerton Rd. Take Ulmerton rd to Starkey Rd. (about 5 mi). Turn right on Starkey and go about 1 mile. You'll see an Anvil paint shop on the right. The shop is right next to the Anvil paint building. You'll see a shop a little off the road that has a big white and blue CarExcess sign.
Very easy, you shouldn't have any problems.
BTW, once you get onto I4, it'll probably only take you around 45 minutes to get to the shop, depending on traffic.
Let me know when you're scheduled and I'll come and meet you.