Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V3 Nismo Front Diffuser - Fabricator Needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 10:46 AM
robbinsj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default V3 Nismo Front Diffuser - Fabricator Needed!!!

https://my350z.com/forum/body-interi...mo-bumper.html

The above thread shows what I am talking about and that there are others in need of this diffuser. It is a piece of plastic with connectors from the OEM undertray to the V3's front bumper. I have seen this somewhere on the forum for 400$ but yesterday my Nissan dealer quoted me 650$$$.

I would love it made in Kevlar/CF but would kill for anyone to make it out of anything "ie plastic/aluminum or whatever fits"

Please hear my cry! I have shreded both splash guards because the V3 is not solid without this and flexs to much.

PLEASE HELP!

Fabricators, please pipe up and let us know if this is somthing you can do.

Peeps, post up if you want the V3 and dont want to spend more on a 3 - 5 inch piece of plastic the length of the bumper for more than you spent on the bumper "got mine for 500$ painted".
Attached Thumbnails V3 Nismo Front Diffuser - Fabricator Needed!!!-nismo-front-diff.jpg  

Last edited by robbinsj; 12-09-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:27 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1st. No vendor is going to fab this due to low demand, its not worth it.

2nd. I think i told you a little while back you needed the 06-08 front fender wells.

3rd. The price for diffuser is somewhere around 500-550 shipped. See webpage below from West Covina Nissan, they quote 441.00 before shipping.

Why do you think not alot of ppl do this V3 upgrade?? Cause you need a million parts and they are all $$$.

http://www.thenismoshop.com/ikorb.ph...oduct_id=12959
Old 12-07-2009, 11:34 AM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
1st. No vendor is going to fab this due to low demand, its not worth it.

2nd. I think i told you a little while back you needed the 06-08 front fender wells.

3rd. The price for diffuser is somewhere around 500-550 shipped. See webpage below from West Covina Nissan, they quote 441.00 before shipping.

Why do you think not alot of ppl do this V3 upgrade?? Cause you need a million parts and they are all $$$.

http://www.thenismoshop.com/ikorb.ph...oduct_id=12959
1st demand would go up if people could get some replica parts such as this.

2nd I know I need the 06-08 fender wells but without anything to attach the bottom to it will still hit the tire.

3rd I would not pay 500 - 550 for that small piece of plastic thus is why I am here.

If you want to live in the now then stay in the now but I am looking for what could be not what is.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:41 AM
TheOtherRob

Have you tried talking with a local fab shop and see how much they could make one for?

There is also a vendor on here that sells those metal under body diffusers, maybe if he had the dimensions he could make some? https://my350z.com/forum/body-exteri...are-ready.html
Old 12-07-2009, 11:42 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Honestly dude, i think your best bet is for you to drive around and find a body shop or an auto repair shop that has welding machines, auto lift, etc and just print out the DIY link you posted......

Have them do the DIY for you following the pics you print out from that thread......

ask for a price up front, not the "well drop it off and let you know how long it takes" crap....cause then next thing you know you will be hammered with a rediculous bill..

I don't see why you don't at least do the template out of cardboard like the DIY link and then from there you could even take that to a shop or even a simple sheet metal shop in your area and have them do the rest....

then you come home and install??

-J
Old 12-07-2009, 11:45 AM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by TheOtherRob
Have you tried talking with a local fab shop and see how much they could make one for?

There is also a vendor on here that sells those metal under body diffusers, maybe if he had the dimensions he could make some? https://my350z.com/forum/body-exteri...are-ready.html
I have looked in Tampa and was not able to locate any local fabricator shops and I am the last post in that thread. Allready hit them up.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:47 AM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
Honestly dude, i think your best bet is for you to drive around and find a body shop or an auto repair shop that has welding machines, auto lift, etc and just print out the DIY link you posted......

Have them do the DIY for you following the pics you print out from that thread......

ask for a price up front, not the "well drop it off and let you know how long it takes" crap....cause then next thing you know you will be hammered with a rediculous bill..

I don't see why you don't at least do the template out of cardboard like the DIY link and then from there you could even take that to a shop or even a simple sheet metal shop in your area and have them do the rest....

then you come home and install??

-J

I have contacted local shops and no one will try it in Tampa that I have found. I have also tried to make this with horrable falure and shredded my splash guards.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

APR will make you one. All you have to do is make a template with the outline of your bumper from underneath an they will make you a carbon fiber diffuser/spiltter.

http://www.aprperformance.com/index....d=76&Itemid=49
Old 12-07-2009, 11:51 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Originally Posted by robbinsj
1st demand would go up if people could get some replica parts such as this.
A whole bumper is one thing, but a piece needed for one particular bumper will not be worth it, i promise you.

2nd I know I need the 06-08 fender wells but without anything to attach the bottom to it will still hit the tire.
wut?

3rd I would not pay 500 - 550 for that small piece of plastic thus is why I am here.
Jason offers best advice, you will have to find a fab shop for a one time job for this... Didnt you know you needed this piece before you bought the bumper?

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 12-07-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:51 AM
TheOtherRob

What if we have a nice nismo owner trace out the dimensions of the part and make a template? At least that way it would make things a little easier. You could just take the piece and have a shop weld on the nuts to screw the bots into. Just shooting ideas out there.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:59 AM
robbinsj

What if we have a nice nismo owner trace out the dimensions of the part and make a template? At least that way it would make things a little easier. You could just take the piece and have a shop weld on the nuts to screw the bots into. Just shooting ideas out there.
Was thinking about that as well but I am having trouble locating this local shop willing to fabricate this for me. Wish some one would step up and make these even if it was a cheap fix it would be worth having somethign around. Maybe then more would have the V3 kit.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:59 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Look at the diagram of the Nismo bumper on the Courtesy parts webpage i provided.

Find part numbers 62675R and 62675U...

Those 2 are the parts you need to hold the 06-08 fender liner to the bumper, its the part on his DIY that he bent upwards on each side of his undertray. You get?

http://www.courtesyparts.com/350z-pa...5_824_825.html
Old 12-07-2009, 12:03 PM
robbinsj

Look at the diagram of the Nismo bumper on the Courtesy parts webpage i provided.

Find part numbers 62675R and 62675U...

Those 2 are the parts you need to hold the 06-08 fender liner to the bumper, its the part on his DIY that he bent upwards on each side of his undertray. You get?

http://www.courtesyparts.com/350z-pa...5_824_825.html
Cool thanks, wonder if I can buy just that or is it sold with the diffuser only. Still would like the diffuser even with this as this is only the first of my troubles. With the nose being loose like it is the plastic is grinding into my oil cooler/TN inner cooler kits.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:04 PM
TheOtherRob

If the bumper is a replica have you thought about having a body shop extend the bottom of the bumper back so that you can mount it straight under the car? Like AI's new sl2?
Old 12-07-2009, 12:08 PM
robbinsj

If the bumper is a replica have you thought about having a body shop extend the bottom of the bumper back so that you can mount it straight under the car? Like AI's new sl2?
It is authentic and I do not want to mod it in any way incase I want to sell later.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:12 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Cool thanks, wonder if I can buy just that or is it sold with the diffuser only. Still would like the diffuser even with this as this is only the first of my troubles. With the nose being loose like it is the plastic is grinding into my oil cooler/TN inner cooler kits.

THe part is not listed below in the list, which makes me think it is part of a hardware kit or something for the diffuser.

Go to Nissan and tell them to do whatever it takes to get you those 2 parts. It will help you greatly. IF they have their own numbers, you should be able to get them seperate i would think.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 12-07-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:15 PM
robbinsj

THe part is not listed below in the list, which makes me think it is part of a hardware kit or something for the diffuser.

Go to Nissan and tell them to do whatever it takes to get you those 2 parts. It will help you greatly. IF they have their own numbers, you should be able to get them seperate i would think.
Will try Brandon/Tampa Nissan cuss the guy at Westley Chapel Nissan sux @$$.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:22 PM
GeauxLadyZ

I was thinking about doing this V3 conversion a while back and did all the research. THe hardest part was dealing with the parts people at Nissan, they had no clue as to everything involved in this or anything else for that matter.

Thats why your most simple solution is to bring them a simple part(s) number, thats something they can handle easily and quickly. Dont tell them what you are doing or what car you have or nothing, just give them the part #.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:45 PM
TheOtherRob

I was thinking about doing this V3 conversion a while back and did all the research. THe hardest part was dealing with the parts people at Nissan, they had no clue as to everything involved in this or anything else for that matter.

Thats why your most simple solution is to bring them a simple part(s) number, thats something they can handle easily and quickly. Dont tell them what you are doing or what car you have or nothing, just give them the part #.
QFT

Seems most Nissan dealers around here know nothing about 350z parts at all. Do your best research on getting all the part numbers like stated, make it as easy as possible for them since they are usually not willing to do much work on finding you parts.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I had the "Hi I am putting a nismo v3 bumper on my non nismo Z" conversation with a couple of part reps, it is absolutely a headache. They will waste your time to no end, your best bet is to simply take in the part numbers as suggested.

Quick Reply: V3 Nismo Front Diffuser - Fabricator Needed!!!