Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KCG's Asuka CF Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 01:36 PM
robbinsj

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KCG's Asuka CF Hatch

WEll after checking out what happened to the Asuka/MG replica hatches here I looked everywhere and saw Jim recommend KCG as the last hope.

Well I kicked a nickel and here is what I got.

Rating

1. Fitment: I rated it as a 9/10 but most seem to go with 8/10 for a good fit so its about that. It closes nice and looks even without any large annoying gaps.

2. Structure: I rate this at a 6/10 because most fittings and OEM mountings are there but are slight indents marked and require allot of drilling. This still was minor and did not bother me, the major structure problem was with the passenger side shock mounting. I was not able to close the hatch as the mounting started to crack its surrounding fiber glass. I will now run without hatch shocks.

3: CF weave: Its hand layed and vey nice but like most CF out there it has some bubbles.

Here are the pics:
Attached Thumbnails KCG's Asuka CF Hatch-picture-001.jpg   KCG's Asuka CF Hatch-picture-002.jpg  
Old 12-21-2009, 01:37 PM
robbinsj

there is a chip on the passenger side rear window and a large scratch in the rear thanks to UPS.
Attached Thumbnails KCG's Asuka CF Hatch-picture-003.jpg   KCG's Asuka CF Hatch-picture-004.jpg  

Last edited by robbinsj; 12-21-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:45 PM
robbinsj

heres some more pics, sry for some reason I can not post more than 2 at a time but at least people at work can see them.
Attached Thumbnails KCG's Asuka CF Hatch-picture-005.jpg   KCG's Asuka CF Hatch-picture-006.jpg  

Last edited by robbinsj; 12-21-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:50 PM
robbinsj

more pics

Anyone know a good place to hid the wire harness for the asuka hatch?

"not doing a rear wiper or third brake light"

This will be my dream car not a daily driver.
Attached Thumbnails KCG's Asuka CF Hatch-picture-007.jpg   KCG's Asuka CF Hatch-picture-008.jpg  

Last edited by robbinsj; 12-21-2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:52 PM
robbinsj

a rear shot with my TS diff
Attached Thumbnails KCG's Asuka CF Hatch-picture-009.jpg  
Old 12-21-2009, 01:55 PM
robbinsj

Oh and I wtb a rear bumper in CF anyone know if there is such a thing?
Old 12-21-2009, 01:57 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fittment looks good, sucks about the damage/bubbling! how much did this run you if you dont mind me asking?
Old 12-21-2009, 02:10 PM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
Fittment looks good, sucks about the damage/bubbling! how much did this run you if you dont mind me asking?
Sry not going to post an exact price and the bubbles are not that bad "I can show u bubbles on my Siebon CW sideskirt thats leaning agains the wall".

Ill just say this, the price I payed was better than any I have seen so if you want this hatch I recommend u try KCG.

Idk how they are thou about the dmg claims because I dont really care to much about some cf dmg here and there.

First thing I learned about CF and that is it will always not fit like OEM, chip, spider crack and theres always the clear koat issue. Does it fade does it yellow what did they use. This is why when I am done I will do a full custom paint job that will show CF on every part of the car as well as every CF part will be partialy painted. It will take a very long time as I am going through a bad break up with my girl but I am taking my frustration out on my car.....

Last edited by robbinsj; 12-21-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:17 PM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by robbinsj
Sry not going to post an exact price and the bubbles are not that bad "I can show u bubbles on my Siebon CW sideskirt thats leaning agains the wall".

Ill just say this, the price I payed was better than any I have seen so if you want this hatch I recommend u try KCG.

Idk how they are thou about the dmg claims because I dont really care to much about some cf dmg here and there.

First thing I learned about CF and that is it will always not fit like OEM, chip, spider crack and theres always the clear koat issue. Does it fade does it yellow what did they use. This is why when I am done I will do a full custom paint job that will show CF on every part of the car as well as every CF part will be partialy painted. It will take a very long time as I am going through a bad break up with my girl but I am taking my frustration out on my car.....
Dont do that!

Looks good though bro, always loved the hatch/TS diffuser combo.

BTW, Auto Infantry now does c/f wrapping on body kits....maybe they can do an entire rear bumper? Its worth asking

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 12-21-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:23 PM
xzotklr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robbinsj

First thing I learned about CF and that is it will always not fit like OEM, chip, spider crack and theres always the clear koat issue. Does it fade does it yellow what did they use. ..................
It's up to the buyer to demand AND receive the level of quality parts that they expect for their hard earned ca$h. It's important to know WHO you are doing business with. The saying goes "old ways are the best ways"....meet in person if possible...put a "face" to your vendor. Build a level of trust with them. Goes a long way!!
Old 12-21-2009, 02:34 PM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by GeauxLadyZ
Dont do that!

Looks good though bro, always loved the hatch/TS diffuser combo.

BTW, Auto Infantry now does c/f wrapping on body kits....maybe they can do an entire rear bumper? Its worth asking
lol I mean I am getting back into building my dream car again to keep my mind of the crazy shiz she does to me.

Thanks, I like it allot but I want an aftermarket rear in CF then mold the TS fidd to the dif rear for a 1 of a kind look.

I will have to add it to there other thread.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:39 PM
robbinsj

Originally Posted by xzotklr
It's up to the buyer to demand AND receive the level of quality parts that they expect for their hard earned ca$h. It's important to know WHO you are doing business with. The saying goes "old ways are the best ways"....meet in person if possible...put a "face" to your vendor. Build a level of trust with them. Goes a long way!!
You get that only if you go with vendors that go direct to places like Mine's Japan. I would have paid for 3 of these to get what your talking about.

Also dont know where in usa you are but there are no vendors in FL.

Last edited by robbinsj; 12-21-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:59 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

just fyi the asuka and mg hatches aren't replicas...this is a replica of the Asuka & MG design.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:48 AM
robbinsj

Ok, from my understanding Asuka is the original designer and Mastergrade replicated it. MG fitment sux and now KCG replcated Asuka's design. Either way if fits well and is the best price!
Old 12-30-2009, 05:12 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

dik doesnt know wtf he is talking about when it comes to Carbon Fiber, only SBC..
Old 12-30-2009, 08:26 AM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

MG owns the mold that Asuka onced used for its type 1. Asuka no longer makes the type 1.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:21 PM
robbinsj

Check with Jim himself MG's mold is old and from Asuka, they do not have the ability to make more. The fitment is now crap from MG thus is why there is a post here about KCG's hatch. Better fit.

From my understanding Asuka does not make there hatch anymore because of the replica's flooding the market.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

wtf did u say dik?