Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Need help on headlights... Projector/HIDs

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010 | 08:33 AM
Romanteni

Default Need help on headlights... Projector/HIDs

Ok, so here's to ex girlfriends - B8tch blow torched my headlights.

So 2004- touring, headlights are trash now. I can't afford to pay grand to get stock hids, so I bought the ones off ebay that are projectors which don't look that bad, at least for a month or 2 of driving should be fine. Either I was too pissed to overlook or what, but they're projector and won't fit the cables... is there any way around that?lol...

anyone knows or got suggestions plz let me know,.

All those who are here just to flame, suck it. Either offer helpful suggestion or f off, this **** costed me 4 grand already, so dont give me the "u bought headlights off ebay???!!!"
Old 05-17-2010 | 09:17 AM
350niZmo

pm'ed you some info
Old 05-17-2010 | 09:18 AM
Romanteni

thx for pms guys. Yeah shop called said they wont fit, i figured i can just rewire, but havent seen them yet. The guys there are braindead so ill just do it myself, but just wanted to see what my options are. tyvm ill post on how it went later tonight i guess.
Old 05-17-2010 | 10:48 AM
adamciya350

1. pics of headlights
2. pics of ex

Old 05-17-2010 | 11:10 AM
BoomerZ33

Originally Posted by adamciya350
1. pics of headlights
2. pics of ex

^please provide pics so that we may better assist and point you in the right direction
Old 05-17-2010 | 12:28 PM
Romanteni

will upload when i get home. I still havent even seen what the problem is, just had a call from the shop. Oh and ill upload ex as well, she got furious when caught me with 2 other chics... i dont get wtf all the fuzz was about, and apperently she took it out on the car

(jk) about 2 chics. Just broke up with her like year ago, and then hooked up with her friend year later, (i didnt know) and then she found out and decided to prove some kind of point...
Old 05-17-2010 | 12:55 PM
J. Dub

Originally Posted by Romanteni
Ok, so here's to ex girlfriends - B8tch blow torched my headlights.

So 2004- touring, headlights are trash now. I can't afford to pay grand to get stock hids, so I bought the ones off ebay that are projectors which don't look that bad, at least for a month or 2 of driving should be fine. Either I was too pissed to overlook or what, but they're projector and won't fit the cables... is there any way around that?lol...

anyone knows or got suggestions plz let me know,.

All those who are here just to flame, suck it. Either offer helpful suggestion or f off, this **** costed me 4 grand already, so dont give me the "u bought headlights off ebay???!!!"
thx for pms guys. Yeah shop called said they wont fit, i figured i can just rewire, but havent seen them yet. The guys there are braindead so ill just do it myself, but just wanted to see what my options are. tyvm ill post on how it went later tonight i guess.
will upload when i get home. I still havent even seen what the problem is, just had a call from the shop. Oh and ill upload ex as well, she got furious when caught me with 2 other chics... i dont get wtf all the fuzz was about, and apperently she took it out on the car

(jk) about 2 chics. Just broke up with her like year ago, and then hooked up with her friend year later, (i didnt know) and then she found out and decided to prove some kind of point...
The grammatical errors are bountiful in the above posts.... However, I'll spare you my e-thuggery until pictures of ex are posted up. You have 48 hours to provide needed pics. If within 48 hours there are no pictures of ex, my grammatical hammer shall come down with the assistance of M C Hammer doing the hammer dance.

Last edited by J. Dub; 05-17-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-17-2010 | 01:22 PM
Romanteni

wow... thx for going through errors LOL, its a forum, and me typing on my phone, just surprising you took the time to note. Although surprisingly I'm usually really judgmental with spelling :P but I'm used to using abrevs and certain spelling in MMOs, so w/e.
Ha lol, ppl more wanting to see pictures of Ex then the headlights pics! fail fail...
Old 05-17-2010 | 01:39 PM
J. Dub

wow... thx for going through errors LOL, its a forum, and me typing on my phone, just surprising you took the time to note. Although surprisingly I'm usually really judgmental with spelling :P but I'm used to using abrevs and certain spelling in MMOs, so w/e.
Ha lol, ppl more wanting to see pictures of Ex then the headlights pics! fail fail...
We need pics of your ex cause most of us aren't capable of retrieving women on our own, thus we live vicariously through those that can get women.
Old 05-17-2010 | 01:51 PM
Romanteni

lolol ) I don't get my feelers hurt, lol, don't really care ill post pics up, just incase someone sees her walking down the street- and isn't driving their Z, but maybe like some old pick up truck. You're welcome to run her *** over.

Originally Posted by J. Dub
We need pics of your ex cause most of us aren't capable of retrieving women on our own, thus we live vicariously through those that can get women.
Old 05-17-2010 | 02:07 PM
BoomerZ33

lolol ) I don't get my feelers hurt, lol, don't really care ill post pics up, just incase someone sees her walking down the street- and isn't driving their Z, but maybe like some old pick up truck. You're welcome to run her *** over.
whoa
Old 05-17-2010 | 05:48 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

My friends car has the ebay headlights on it, they look nice, all you have to do for HID is get the H7 Hid bulb and use your OEM balast.
Old 05-17-2010 | 08:54 PM
Romanteni

yeah the problem, dunno how in world, but the inside of the OEM lights is broken as well... grrr! So I'll need new bulbs, which where should I buy? autozone? rolf. this is really frustrating, I just paid for my rims/tires and was going to pay for spacers... but now this. hm. OK if i JUST use the lights from ebay, what other parts do I need to make it work? any suggestions?
Old 05-17-2010 | 08:56 PM
Romanteni

lolol... removed due to ppl asking for her number. whoah lol

Last edited by Romanteni; 05-18-2010 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-18-2010 | 02:12 AM
duro78

you actually did it lol get ready for the comments. Are you an underwear model lol
Old 05-18-2010 | 05:30 AM
J. Dub

This thread is full of win!! Hope your headlights get resolved good sir. Have you checked local junk yards for wrecked 350's w/ good headlights still intact?

This thread reminds me of this picture below.... W/ all of us getting what we wanted from the TS. Just a win-ful day I tell ya.

and for the TS:

Last edited by J. Dub; 05-18-2010 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-18-2010 | 05:32 AM
NismoZ123

Lightbulb parts

just move the hid parts over to the new housings?
Old 05-18-2010 | 06:33 AM
Romanteni

Originally Posted by J. Dub
This thread is full of win!! Hope your headlights get resolved good sir. Have you checked local junk yards for wrecked 350's w/ good headlights still intact?
yeah have :/. where I am- there's no shops that got used 350z parts, (spokane, WA). its like some ******** lol. I found a few buddies who sold me other parts from OR and stuff. I think I might end up rewiring them.... cuz none of my oem parts can be used. I'll post pictures of how I end up fixing it.
Old 05-18-2010 | 07:10 AM
J. Dub

yeah have :/. where I am- there's no shops that got used 350z parts, (spokane, WA). its like some ******** lol. I found a few buddies who sold me other parts from OR and stuff. I think I might end up rewiring them.... cuz none of my oem parts can be used. I'll post pictures of how I end up fixing it.
That sucks bro. I can't stand wiring electrical items.

I do prefer sodering rather then using electrical tape. If you have the time here's a DIY on sodering that I've used in the past. http://www.doityourself.com/stry/h2weld
Old 05-18-2010 | 08:01 AM
TheFarmer

Originally Posted by terrasmak
My friends car has the ebay headlights on it, they look nice, all you have to do for HID is get the H7 Hid bulb and use your OEM balast.
Your answer to asking what parts you need to have work is right there in the post above. I can't believe I didn't think of that myself, makes perfect sense I'll wait till mine starts to fade more and pick up a set of these cheapo Ebay lights and H7 HID bulbs

Quick Reply: Need help on headlights... Projector/HIDs