Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plasti-Dip Questions & Projects Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 11:13 AM
FliPPER_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can plastic dip be used to seal electric components?
Old 09-18-2011, 11:15 AM
SLOPOS

I've heard the definition of ricer is form over function. This shift **** works very well, and since it's form fitted to my hand, it feels a lot nicer than the stock **** with leather. Guess it's not purty enough for all of you, but you can all **** off. I promise I won't ever post another thread with something that nobody has ever done before, just for the 16 of you that decided to be negative. For those of you who aren't being total dicks, thanks for the support. For the rest of you, please keep the insults coming. I enjoy enraging those of you that think it's not worthy of our precious Z's, lol.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:18 AM
SLOPOS

Originally Posted by FliPPER_Z
Yeah, and it's good for blocking out water. I plastidip'd the cover I put on the hole when I took off the rear wiper to make sure it didn't leak (inside the trunk not outside where it's visible).
Old 09-18-2011, 11:20 AM
FliPPER_Z

Originally Posted by SLOPOS
I've heard the definition of ricer is form over function. This shift **** works very well, and since it's form fitted to my hand, it feels a lot nicer than the stock **** with leather. Guess it's not purty enough for all of you, but you can all **** off. I promise I won't ever post another thread with something that nobody has ever done before, just for the 16 of you that decided to be negative. For those of you who aren't being total dicks, thanks for the support. For the rest of you, please keep the insults coming. I enjoy enraging those of you that think it's not worthy of our precious Z's, lol.
dont worry, every forum is the same.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:21 AM
FliPPER_Z

Yeah, and it's good for blocking out water. I plastidip'd the cover I put on the hole when I took off the rear wiper to make sure it didn't leak (inside the trunk not outside where it's visible).
I gotta try it out. thanks
Old 09-18-2011, 11:22 AM
jduet

Wait, is this the stuff on tv where the guy sprays a screen door and uses it as a boat bottom?
Old 09-18-2011, 11:25 AM
SLOPOS

dont worry, every forum is the same.
Not really. My last car wasn't half as bad, granted it was a Honda, guess they just have more camaraderie than us Z guys.

Originally Posted by jduet
Wait, is this the stuff on tv where the guy sprays a screen door and uses it as a boat bottom?
Same concept, but different name. It's just spray on plastic in a can (or dip on in the case of the shift ****)
Old 09-18-2011, 11:32 AM
sum1finally

i was just about to ask that
Old 09-18-2011, 11:34 AM
sum1finally

do you think i could plasti dip some splice connectors?
Old 09-18-2011, 11:36 AM
SLOPOS

Originally Posted by sum1finally
do you think i could plasti dip some splice connectors?
I would assume so. They have a paint on version too, but it's just synthetic rubber/plastic.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:57 AM
sum1finally

I would assume so. They have a paint on version too, but it's just synthetic rubber/plastic.
yea i need something to seal my LED reflectors on the drivers side because i forgot to use electrical tape....u should plasti dip the trim on your car it looks so sick, i did all of mine
Old 09-18-2011, 12:05 PM
SLOPOS

Originally Posted by sum1finally
yea i need something to seal my LED reflectors on the drivers side because i forgot to use electrical tape....u should plasti dip the trim on your car it looks so sick, i did all of mine
Yeah, I messed up my waterfall with some paint thinner, so waiting my 90 days so I can post a WTB for a new waterfall, then if it gets scratched again, I'll probably plastidip it simply because it's easier to work with than paint.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:24 PM
BrianZ33

Originally Posted by moose350z
If your concerned with looks, pass on the shoes then you need to grow some ***** back... I got them for training, traveling purposes.
Moose is more nice on other forums :x
Old 09-18-2011, 12:28 PM
STL 350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I appreciate your input.

Quick question for all the haters:
Why is it worth your time to comment badly about something thats going in my car? I understand why people stray away from my350z.com, your a bunch of pompous dicks that think their opinion is actually worth a $hit. I guess I was just raised to not say anything if I didn't have anything nice to say. Trolls will be trolls, even on 350z forums.
I'm not ragging on you I am just giving you an honest opinion that it really doesn't look that great man. Your Z is a great car with a lot of history and not a broke down old Chevy that requires lot's of ingenuity to keep it running... give her what she deserves, a nice new shift ****.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:39 PM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I appreciate your input.

Quick question for all the haters:
Why is it worth your time to comment badly about something thats going in my car? I understand why people stray away from my350z.com, your a bunch of pompous dicks that think their opinion is actually worth a $hit. I guess I was just raised to not say anything if I didn't have anything nice to say. Trolls will be trolls, even on 350z forums.
If you expected everybody to give a "positive opinion" then you have no idea what a discussion forum is. And with your so immature comments about the people on this site I wonder why you are still signed in. Get out of here and join a forum where everyone says "yes"
Old 09-18-2011, 12:40 PM
SLOPOS

Originally Posted by STL 350Z
I'm not ragging on you I am just giving you an honest opinion that it really doesn't look that great man. Your Z is a great car with a lot of history and not a broke down old Chevy that requires lot's of ingenuity to keep it running... give her what she deserves, a nice new shift ****.
This is what I don't understand these days. The Z is a great car, don't get me wrong, but it's less expensive now, and older than most 'not great' cars. I don't need to put on a titanium shift **** that cost as much as a car payment, just because my old one was torn. This looks a million times better than the old one did (it really is impossible to see the pits in it unless your an inch away) and works just fine. This is a sports car, I plan to make it fast first, pretty later. I don't mind your opinion, but a simple, 'I don't like it' would suffice, over the 'it looks like an asian *****' or 'make a plastidip condom' comments. If you don't like it, don't waste your time to put a negative comment and just move along. I'm sure someone with more patience than me could take this idea, and run with it. Hell, if I had a mold I could have made this look very professional, but honestly, it took half an hour, and does what it's supposed to do. I guess I shouldn't ask for opinions, it was ultimately my fault for posting it on such a pompous forum.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:42 PM
SLOPOS

Originally Posted by beezee
If you expected everybody to give a "positive opinion" then you have no idea what a discussion forum is. And with your so immature comments about the people on this site I wonder why you are still signed in. Get out of here and join a forum where everyone says "yes"
Negative comments are one thing. Insults are another. Thanks for your input though.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:38 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Old 09-18-2011, 04:17 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 09-18-2011, 05:40 PM
SilverZ350

Default PlastiDip Guru's

Hey guys this is my first post, but have browsed the forums a while. For you guys who have used plastidip before. I just started using the spray on some random Z parts and was wondering what did you do for rough spots which came out kind of looking like little creases/bubbles? Did you re-spray over them till it smooths out or just start all over? I have two area that are kind of rough I would like to smooth out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Plasti-Dip Questions & Projects Thread