Originally Posted by phreaktor
Link to headlights on ebay OP?
Here you go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04...ht_1502wt_1161

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04...ht_1502wt_1161
Old 06-29-2011, 08:56 PM
gregom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They look ok... and they *might* perform better than the stock 03-05 HID if you put aftermarket HID kit in these headlamps. However they do not appear to be dual beam or what is known as a bixenon projector, meaning the cutoff shield can drop down out of the way for your highbeams. I'm not sure these are worth the money really... but perhaps depending on how these are designed and Assembled on the inside, you could replace their halogen projector with a real HID bixenon projector.

Personally I think the 06+ look better and probably perform better.

That ebay store selling the 06+ headlamps with blacked out chrome also has regular 06+ headlamps that look completely stock, and as far as I can tell are true OEM Nissan.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSA...Q5fAccessories

I bought a set for myself and they look genuine. NISSAN is on the outer plastic lens at the bottom along with Koito. This was the cheapest place I could find these new. However no ballasts or bulbs, or rear cover either. I've plugged them in and tested them and they look great. I haven't driven with them yet because my car isn't back together yet... I'll take some pics later if people want.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:05 PM
gregom

Here are the headlamps I bought off that ebay site...

Old 06-30-2011, 05:24 AM
tam_anh

I love the 06+ headlights, but they are too expensive. At the same time, my car is the 03 base model. The wiring my be an issue. That is why i'm considering this set. If anyone has this on, please share some pictures.

I'm really curious why the aftermarket companies do not try to make the 06+ replica headlights. People love those headlights. They would make a lot of money for those replicas.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:25 AM
gregom

I doubt many, or anyone has bought them... at least here. They usually share. I think you might have to be the guinea pig on this one. Get an aftermarket HID kit for whatever halogen bulb type they use, H7... etc.

I don't know if anyone can make copies... perhaps legalities. Or cost and complexity. By the time you design and produce a fake, in order to make a profit they may already be near or as expensive as originals, so why bother.

Your only other cheap option is to retrofit some HID projectors into your base headlamps, which has been done by a few of us here. I did one myself, for about $130 I got some bixenon HID projectors from a E46 BMW M3 installed them in my 04 HID headlamps. Was working great and looked pretty decent, looked kind of like 06 headlamps but they were definitely unique.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:32 AM
tam_anh

Originally Posted by gregom
I doubt many, or anyone has bought them... at least here. They usually share. I think you might have to be the guinea pig on this one. Get an aftermarket HID kit for whatever halogen bulb type they use, H7... etc.

I don't know if anyone can make copies... perhaps legalities. Or cost and complexity. By the time you design and produce a fake, in order to make a profit they may already be near or as expensive as originals, so why bother.

Your only other cheap option is to retrofit some HID projectors into your base headlamps, which has been done by a few of us here. I did one myself, for about $130 I got some bixenon HID projectors from a E46 BMW M3 installed them in my 04 HID headlamps. Was working great and looked pretty decent, looked kind of like 06 headlamps but they were definitely unique.
Yeah, I did some research on that; however, my covers are really bad, I don't even want to try to do it. If i attempt to do that mod, I have to buy new head lights for the covers. The cost doesn't worth the effort for it.

I'm just waiting for some pictures, if not, I maybe the guinea pig and write a review on it.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:04 AM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tam_anh
I love the 06+ headlights, but they are too expensive. At the same time, my car is the 03 base model. The wiring my be an issue.
there's a thread on how to wire them to make therm work on older models.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:58 AM
drivessidewayz

Originally Posted by Doh-Joe
When are people going to realize that the best lighting available for our cars are stock '06-'08 headlights and taillights?
<3 my 06 lamps all around.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:58 AM
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Doh-Joe
When are people going to realize that the best lighting available for our cars are stock '06-'08 headlights and taillights?
since they all sold their hondas to buy their used z's, they have no money left for quality parts so this is what you get. next they'll be posting up check out these knock off bbs rims, they look just like the real thing with these centercaps...or these killa fortune 500 coilovers so i can beez slammed and hellaflush, i gots royal purple and tint in my sig too as mods...adds 50 hp
Old 06-30-2011, 09:40 AM
zerafian

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

buy them, install them, and post pics
Old 06-30-2011, 09:27 PM
gregom

Originally Posted by tam_anh
Yeah, I did some research on that; however, my covers are really bad, I don't even want to try to do it. If i attempt to do that mod, I have to buy new head lights for the covers. The cost doesn't worth the effort for it.

I'm just waiting for some pictures, if not, I maybe the guinea pig and write a review on it.
Like I said... depending on how these are designed, it may not be hard to take out their halogen projector and install a bixenon projector. That may only set you back an additional $150 or less. Check out www.theretrofitsource.com as they sell quite a few different HID projectors which fit different needs.

If you do get these, please post up more pics and give us a review. The more info for our community the better. It is always nice to have alternatives, because not everyone can afford to dump over a grand into their headlamps.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:21 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

If these headlights didn't have the super ghey LED strip on the side, then they'd actually be sick.

And yes, the 06 headlights are dope, but not all of us earlier gen guys actually want to fork out that cash for them. 600$ for a pretty mild exterior mod just isn't worth it imo.

I'd consider these headlights before buying 06+, but I think I'll stay stock
Old 06-30-2011, 11:39 PM
dj lizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgAAq...el_video_title
came across these few months ago. they look amazing. full LED headlights.
here is the website of the person who makes them:
http://mylightemittingdesigns.weebly.com/
Old 07-01-2011, 01:16 AM
sp33ddemon19

Originally Posted by dj lizard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgAAq...el_video_title
came across these few months ago. they look amazing. full LED headlights.
here is the website of the person who makes them:
http://mylightemittingdesigns.weebly.com/
it seems like they offer pretty nice stuff with a hefty price tag though lol.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:50 PM
gregom

Interesting... really curious on how the light pattern and output will look. I'm not sure about the sequential indicators though, a little too Mustang-ish. But then again I think LED running lights are too Audi-ish. Can anyone guess what halo headlamps are?

As for Resmarted's comment "600$ for a pretty mild exterior mod just isn't worth it imo." I have to disagree, I think they make a large improvement on the look of the car. Not only that, they certainly are not 'mild' in the performance department. They perform way better than the 03-05 HID's. Absolutely worth the money I think. BTW Where did you get 600 from? Cheapest I could find was about $850, and that was without ballasts, and bulbs.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by gregom
Interesting... really curious on how the light pattern and output will look. I'm not sure about the sequential indicators though, a little too Mustang-ish. But then again I think LED running lights are too Audi-ish. Can anyone guess what halo headlamps are?

As for Resmarted's comment "600$ for a pretty mild exterior mod just isn't worth it imo." I have to disagree, I think they make a large improvement on the look of the car. Not only that, they certainly are not 'mild' in the performance department. They perform way better than the 03-05 HID's. Absolutely worth the money I think. BTW Where did you get 600 from? Cheapest I could find was about $850, and that was without ballasts, and bulbs.
What I saw on a rather faded looking pair on ebay.
Compared to other mods, headlights just don't seem worth it. From a distance or a glance....
I agree they look TONS better, but when I see a really nice Methonol kit that can give me potentially 50 or more hp vs headlights that look better..... See what I mean?
Old 07-02-2011, 03:49 PM
gregom

No... I like to see what i'm about to crash into.