Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow very creative. Vader's ride owns.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:52 AM
VMRWheels
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SR71
^ and the Boss has the best one.
Yup. I saw one in person years ago and they're seriously crazy cars.
Originally Posted by BoomerZ33
wow very creative. Vader's ride owns.
Agreed!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:01 AM
ObiShawn

Heh... I just found this, was on a 6000-mile roadtrip in the Z. I'm building the R2 unit right now...
Old 10-03-2012, 12:09 AM
MemphisZVert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok..wait...I know I am new and still learning the ways of the Z owners....but I've seen some guys get nailed on here for being "creative" or "original" with their Zs and get flamed extra crispy....but this thing is cool because some one slapped a "Star Wars" theme to it? Did I miss something?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:45 PM
ObiShawn

MemphisZVert, I think it boils down to "Don't care about what other people think and do what makes you happy" and you'll be fine. There are no rules to follow, and it isn't like modifying your car hurts other people beyond their personal taste and sensibility. Art of any description is supposed to make people have an emotional reaction, positive or negative, and that's what happens when anyone views any of our modded cars- I'm just an extreme example. It takes ***** and a thick skin to go against the grain, so I won't say it's been all rainbows.

While it's always nice to hear - and I appreciate when I get it - I'm not concerned with gaining everyone's approval; *I'm* having a good time with it. Some will like it and give kudos, some will hate it and flame me, but I'm enjoying myself, and that's what counts. Regardless of public opinion, my Z-will still likely become one of the best-known art cars out there, as my Star Wars del sol before it has, and that lets me accomplish good things for the community. I grew up with Zs in the family; my Grandfather was a servicewriter for Datsun/Nissan, and it's fun for me to have one now to combine all of my interests into one.

I do a lot of events - up to 160 a year - and I meet lovers and haters in person all the time. I appreciate those that have the guts to tell me to my face why they don't like it- if they can do it in a civilized or respectful manner instead of just yelling "You suck!" from the window as they drive by in their own POS, it's usually a good conversation. I don't agree with everyone else's mods either, but I always appreciate the time, money, blood, sweat and tears that went into their build; I don't have to drive it, but if they built their dream ride, more power to them.

In my case, having an oddball car gets me some cool invites. I've been in the pits and on the track in the Dodger and Angel stadiums at Monster Jam, done parade laps at NASCAR races, and had everyone from Weird Al to the VP of the USA sit behind the wheel. But the best is when I can take it to a kids' hospital for sick kids or a military base to visit families of deployed soldiers, or see the wounded warriors coming back from Iraq and Afganistan. Air shows, Parades, Charity fundraisers- I even get to drag race for free a couple of days a year against KITT, the Batmobile, BTTF Delorean, A-Team Van and a slew of other movie cars. Not bad for having a car designed from a movie that doesn't *have* any cars in it, and I get to support in person a slew of charities I wouldn't have the money to donate to.

I just did a swing through Memphis and had both my cars at Graceland; some of the older car guys and moms shook their heads but were intrigued with the builds, the kids all loved them, and locals, employees and tourists alike wanted to sit behind the wheel for photos. It's neat to be a head-turner at a place like Graceland, Beale Street, Bourbon St. in New Orleans, the Vegas Strip or any other place that has so much else to look at. We cause commotions even in parking lots, and I get to meet thousands of total strangers I otherwise wouldn't have anything to talk about with.

But the upshot is that I'm proud to own a Z, and to make it my own. That isn't gonna make everyone happy, but every family has it's "embarrassing" family member, and I'm probably it. I'm living my dream- don't let other people stop you from living yours.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:35 PM
AC240

lol damn do what makes you happy i guess
Old 10-30-2012, 06:49 PM
MemphisZVert

Originally Posted by ObiShawn
MemphisZVert, I think it boils down to "Don't care about what other people think and do what makes you happy" and you'll be fine. There are no rules to follow, and it isn't like modifying your car hurts other people beyond their personal taste and sensibility. Art of any description is supposed to make people have an emotional reaction, positive or negative, and that's what happens when anyone views any of our modded cars- I'm just an extreme example. It takes ***** and a thick skin to go against the grain, so I won't say it's been all rainbows.

While it's always nice to hear - and I appreciate when I get it - I'm not concerned with gaining everyone's approval; *I'm* having a good time with it. Some will like it and give kudos, some will hate it and flame me, but I'm enjoying myself, and that's what counts. Regardless of public opinion, my Z-will still likely become one of the best-known art cars out there, as my Star Wars del sol before it has, and that lets me accomplish good things for the community. I grew up with Zs in the family; my Grandfather was a servicewriter for Datsun/Nissan, and it's fun for me to have one now to combine all of my interests into one.

I do a lot of events - up to 160 a year - and I meet lovers and haters in person all the time. I appreciate those that have the guts to tell me to my face why they don't like it- if they can do it in a civilized or respectful manner instead of just yelling "You suck!" from the window as they drive by in their own POS, it's usually a good conversation. I don't agree with everyone else's mods either, but I always appreciate the time, money, blood, sweat and tears that went into their build; I don't have to drive it, but if they built their dream ride, more power to them.

In my case, having an oddball car gets me some cool invites. I've been in the pits and on the track in the Dodger and Angel stadiums at Monster Jam, done parade laps at NASCAR races, and had everyone from Weird Al to the VP of the USA sit behind the wheel. But the best is when I can take it to a kids' hospital for sick kids or a military base to visit families of deployed soldiers, or see the wounded warriors coming back from Iraq and Afganistan. Air shows, Parades, Charity fundraisers- I even get to drag race for free a couple of days a year against KITT, the Batmobile, BTTF Delorean, A-Team Van and a slew of other movie cars. Not bad for having a car designed from a movie that doesn't *have* any cars in it, and I get to support in person a slew of charities I wouldn't have the money to donate to.

I just did a swing through Memphis and had both my cars at Graceland; some of the older car guys and moms shook their heads but were intrigued with the builds, the kids all loved them, and locals, employees and tourists alike wanted to sit behind the wheel for photos. It's neat to be a head-turner at a place like Graceland, Beale Street, Bourbon St. in New Orleans, the Vegas Strip or any other place that has so much else to look at. We cause commotions even in parking lots, and I get to meet thousands of total strangers I otherwise wouldn't have anything to talk about with.

But the upshot is that I'm proud to own a Z, and to make it my own. That isn't gonna make everyone happy, but every family has it's "embarrassing" family member, and I'm probably it. I'm living my dream- don't let other people stop you from living yours.
I am not knocking the art....if it is what you like...that is what matters....I was just pointing out and trying to understand how people on here can say how cool it is....and then rurn around and all but throw some one on a crucifix for buying a certain type of wheels.....like I said...I am new to the Z community...lol...no offense meant....
Old 11-01-2012, 11:40 AM
pro_350z

wow
Old 11-08-2012, 02:49 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Clicked on that jalopnik link.
between those atrocious cars, and god awful girls...