Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash alarm red LED, isn't blinking wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 02:25 PM
350z_z33.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash alarm red LED, isn't blinking wtf?

Hi guys! Thanks in advance for any help you guys provide me with! So I was working on my car yesterday, trying to clean up the aftermarket alarm system wiring that the previous owner just stashed a whole bunch of wires under the dash. So it was yesterday, and I had just finished checking the wires, and I noticed that the OEM NATS red light stopped working. Like it doesn't ever light up, just solid black. Tried disconnecting the battery for a bit, but that didn't work. Maybe I fired the LED? I tried rolling down the windows, and when I unlocked the door when the system was armed, the aftermarket alarm would go off. Anything else I should check for? I also forgot to disconnect the battery bfor I got to work on it, but after disconnecting like 3 wires (ones that connect to some buttons on the dash) I then remembered to disconnect it. Now overall, the LED doesn't work (OEM). The aftermarked led still works, but it just Fu**in pisses me off that the other one isn't working . Someone help me here.
Thanks in advance!
Old 06-15-2015, 03:35 PM
FOOKhonda

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Obviously the stock alarm system has been disconnected and the aftermarket one is now connected.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:27 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

There's a bigger risk at play here. If NATS is partially disabled, it may eventually stop the ignition and other systems from functioning. This is the result of screwing with the wiring harness and will likely require a factory tech to restore.
Old 06-15-2015, 05:40 PM
350z_z33.

Originally Posted by dkmura
There's a bigger risk at play here. If NATS is partially disabled, it may eventually stop the ignition and other systems from functioning. This is the result of screwing with the wiring harness and will likely require a factory tech to restore.
Well obviously I haven't mentioned that because that is not the fact. Lol I haven't really "messed" with any wiring that is connected with the OEM alarm. Even though that the whole harness is connected, I haven't unplugged any wire from the OEM alarm. I really like your vote of confidence. You have replied to most of my threads, and they're all lowering the vote of confidence. Literally everything you have told me, I have bypassed it. Like when I had a problem with my car, you said it can only be fixed by a Nissan technician, well lucky me, I've fixed most of my problem! I do appreciate you taking the time to reply to my threads, but please just keep up the vote of confidence. Thanks again
Old 06-15-2015, 05:42 PM
350z_z33.

Originally Posted by FOOKhonda
Obviously the stock alarm system has been disconnected and the aftermarket one is now connected.
THANK YOU for the explanation!!! Is that really the fact? Because that just made a whole lot of sense to me.
Thanks again!
Old 06-15-2015, 06:36 PM
FOOKhonda

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well all you said was the previous owner installed it and just stashed the wires.. which typically would do away with the stock audible alarm.. then you said you were "cleaning up" which could mean a few things, but more likely that you were making it a neat run of wire instead of a jumbled mess. You never mentioned "bypassing" anything. The fact is, chances are your aftermarket alarm system is tapped into the stock system and overriding the stock audible alarm.. honestly, who has two audible alarms? The red light shows because the stock alarm is activated, and since you have an aftermarket one it IS NOT.

Unless there's something your not mentioning, this is pointless because its something that could easily be figured out.. no offense if this is not the case and I am misreading what your asking...
Old 06-15-2015, 06:59 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

Originally Posted by 350z_z33.
Well obviously I haven't mentioned that because that is not the fact. Lol I haven't really "messed" with any wiring that is connected with the OEM alarm. Even though that the whole harness is connected, I haven't unplugged any wire from the OEM alarm. I really like your vote of confidence. You have replied to most of my threads, and they're all lowering the vote of confidence. Literally everything you have told me, I have bypassed it. Like when I had a problem with my car, you said it can only be fixed by a Nissan technician, well lucky me, I've fixed most of my problem! I do appreciate you taking the time to reply to my threads, but please just keep up the vote of confidence. Thanks again
You mentioned the previous owner had tapped into the wiring system, so I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm simply saying there's a chance of bigger problems if NATS is still partially disconnected. If that hurts your confidence, sorry. I'll make a point of not posting anything on your trouble threads...
Old 06-15-2015, 09:59 PM
350z_z33.

Originally Posted by FOOKhonda
Well all you said was the previous owner installed it and just stashed the wires.. which typically would do away with the stock audible alarm.. then you said you were "cleaning up" which could mean a few things, but more likely that you were making it a neat run of wire instead of a jumbled mess. You never mentioned "bypassing" anything. The fact is, chances are your aftermarket alarm system is tapped into the stock system and overriding the stock audible alarm.. honestly, who has two audible alarms? The red light shows because the stock alarm is activated, and since you have an aftermarket one it IS NOT.

Unless there's something your not mentioning, this is pointless because its something that could easily be figured out.. no offense if this is not the case and I am misreading what your asking...
Nope this is pretty much what I was asking. I know its a dumb question lol, I'm just new to the aftermarket alarm world. The only reason I asked this question was because I remember seeing the stock alarm light blinking, but after cleaning up the wiring a bit (making a neat run of wire) I noticed that it wasn't blinking. Maybe I never saw it? Idk, but thanks anyways (I know it was a pointless question, but thought it might be something else more serious)
Old 06-15-2015, 10:07 PM
350z_z33.

Originally Posted by dkmura
You mentioned the previous owner had tapped into the wiring system, so I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm simply saying there's a chance of bigger problems if NATS is still partially disconnected. If that hurts your confidence, sorry. I'll make a point of not posting anything on your trouble threads...
I see what your trying to say. But my whole point is that if its going to help me find and fix the problem, then go ahead and post! But if its just going to tell me to take it to some "technician" then I would know when that would be necessary, and wouldn't really need to be told to do so. Go ahead and post if its going to help! And thanks for clearing things up!
Old 06-16-2015, 05:50 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by 350z_z33.
I see what your trying to say. But my whole point is that if its going to help me find and fix the problem, then go ahead and post! But if its just going to tell me to take it to some "technician" then I would know when that would be necessary, and wouldn't really need to be told to do so. Go ahead and post if its going to help! And thanks for clearing things up!
It really might be best to take Dkmura's advice and take the car to a technician to get the problem resolved. But do what you want and if your car gets more messed up, so be it.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:40 AM
350z_z33.

Originally Posted by KornerCarver
It really might be best to take Dkmura's advice and take the car to a technician to get the problem resolved. But do what you want and if your car gets more messed up, so be it.
Reason I came here is to see what the problem was. From the response, it doesn't seem to really be a problem, no reason to really take it to a technician. And like you said, if the car does get messed up, so be it.