Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nismo Rear Add-Ons Spats

Old 09-14-2016, 08:11 AM
BQPham

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Nismo Rear Add-Ons Spats

Hi All!

Second thread here. About 3 weeks ago I purchased by 2007 350Z Enthusiast HR in San Marino Blue.

I'm loving the stock car so far. I was missing a rear mud guard on the pass. side and since have searched and really loved the Nismo Rear Add-Ons.

I know there is the USDM and JDM rear add-ons which are quite similar and I wouldn't care if I had either, but I know the OEM are discontinued and about impossible to find.

All the replicas out there are FRP or Carbon. I've seen the AIT Carbon ones for about $200ish and the FRP reps for $100-150. Realistically, these should be a Polyurethane $80 rep set, but of course that doesn't exist (unless it does?).

I personally hate FRP, but I like the look of these. Is there any recommendations on which ones to get? I would ideally like to use a possible screw in the wheel well as the way OEM guards are mounted and doublesided 3m tape along the side and bottom of the bumper. I've heard of Shine on the forums, but information is scarce after a lot of searching.

These are what I'm looking for:

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-an...ears-pics.html

Thanks guys!
Old 02-10-2017, 01:56 PM
BQPham

Bumping
Old 02-10-2017, 03:22 PM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

http://www.shineautoproject.com/port...z-spec-nv1nv2/
Old 02-10-2017, 08:30 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

I have shine on mine, took a slight amount of work, but great
Old 02-13-2017, 10:10 AM
toogood131

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

+1 for shine:

https://my350z.com/forum/media-share...l#post10724325
Old 02-13-2017, 11:59 AM
BQPham

Originally Posted by terrasmak
I have shine on mine, took a slight amount of work, but great
Hm, how much are we talking? I'm perfectly fine with sending it out for paint, screws in the wheel well as where the stock mud guard screws go, and possibly under along with 3M doublesided tape. I've seen some horrid installed with screws from the top side of the spats...

Originally Posted by toogood131
The car looks great! Is that all Shine? How were the skirts because that is a big next on my list.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:17 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by BQPham
Hm, how much are we talking? I'm perfectly fine with sending it out for paint, screws in the wheel well as where the stock mud guard screws go, and possibly under along with 3M doublesided tape. I've seen some horrid installed with screws from the top side of the spats...

The car looks great! Is that all Shine? How were the skirts because that is a big next on my list.
Not much work, just a little tweaks with the heat gun and good to go.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:58 AM
toogood131

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

yup, front, sides and rear add ons, all shine. like every aftermarket replica, they're not gonna be a 100% perfect fit, but shine is one of the best, if not the best.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:19 AM
BQPham

Originally Posted by toogood131
yup, front, sides and rear add ons, all shine. like every aftermarket replica, they're not gonna be a 100% perfect fit, but shine is one of the best, if not the best.
Yeah I mean with almost any aftermarket, that's what you'll see. These are not CAPA certified (even then I've seen issues) afterall.

I was just curious about spending the money on Shine plus shipping. For the sides, I'm just hoping that my body guy can easily prep and paint without much work, drill the holes needed myself, and just bolt em up without trimming edges or any of the rest. I'm assuming the above would describe Shine?

Duraflex N1 sides go on sale all the time ($150 for a set locally to me right now), but duraflex does not have a name for perfect fitment consistently. I really wish they had an ABS or urethane replica.

They even have that N3-R KBD bumper, but I hear the weight is heavy and I still get iffy about the fitment in photos I see.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:42 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Yeah I mean with almost any aftermarket, that's what you'll see. These are not CAPA certified (even then I've seen issues) afterall.

I was just curious about spending the money on Shine plus shipping. For the sides, I'm just hoping that my body guy can easily prep and paint without much work, drill the holes needed myself, and just bolt em up without trimming edges or any of the rest. I'm assuming the above would describe Shine?

Duraflex N1 sides go on sale all the time ($150 for a set locally to me right now), but duraflex does not have a name for perfect fitment consistently. I really wish they had an ABS or urethane replica.

They even have that N3-R KBD bumper, but I hear the weight is heavy and I still get iffy about the fitment in photos I see.

Don't forget, we stand by our fitment as hand laid parts can be off sometimes. All we ask for is the part to be lined up prior by a professional. If images can be shown showing issues with fitment we will get you the right part or refund you (dealers choice.) we want to make sure you end up with a part you can work with.