Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nrg quick release and hub on a grip royal wheel off center?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 02:54 PM
Eddie Gleason

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nrg quick release and hub on a grip royal wheel off center?

So I have the wheel installed but seems to be sitting at around 2 o’clock and the hub is at 12 o’clock any way to fix this I ordered the nrg spacer I read that it works but I’m not sure any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated thanks!!
Old 05-15-2019, 11:14 AM
BQPham

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Same here. The NRG Hub i think is off. I matched it up to the center marking on the steering spline, but my wheel still sits at more like 1-1:30 instead of 2 o'clock. I will likely just get it realigned, but i believe it is an NRG hub issue.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:37 PM
Eddie Gleason

Default Fixed it

Originally Posted by BQPham
Same here. The NRG Hub i think is off. I matched it up to the center marking on the steering spline, but my wheel still sits at more like 1-1:30 instead of 2 o'clock. I will likely just get it realigned, but i believe it is an NRG hub issue.
I got the nrg spacer and it fixed it just took me a little bit to figure out which way it needed to be sitting but the wheel is straight as an arrow now I recommend the spacer I got mine on amazon for 20$
Old 05-16-2019, 05:46 AM
BQPham

Thanks man was this the one you got?

Amazon Amazon

I'm a little unsure if i should use this since i shaved my Nardi Horn to fit lol. Others complain about this putting their wheel off a degree or two, but i assume since ours were both off this should help to straighten it
Old 05-16-2019, 05:50 AM
Eddie Gleason

Yeah that’s the one It should fix it and make it straight... grip royal has a spacer/ adapter that does the same thing but it’s 60$ but either one I would imagine will get you straightened up.. let me know how it goes
Old 05-16-2019, 06:41 AM
BQPham

Originally Posted by Eddie Gleason
Yeah that’s the one It should fix it and make it straight... grip royal has a spacer/ adapter that does the same thing but it’s 60$ but either one I would imagine will get you straightened up.. let me know how it goes
Awesome thanks man just submitted the order, hopefully that half inch space isn't too big of a deal for me. Hopefully this sorts it out! Will update on results.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:49 AM
coletrickle74

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

Saving this for later. Thanks!
Old 05-22-2019, 06:28 PM
BQPham

Did not work out for me as of now. Say the hub mark is lined up with the top dead center mark on the steering spline. This puts my steering wheel at 3 degrees to the right for example. When bolting the hub spacer, it moves the mounting over to the right another 3, so 6 total degrees to the right.

I will try to unbolt the NRG hub, move it back counter clockwise one tooth, then install the hub spacer and see what happens.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:52 AM
BQPham

Update, i moved the hub back counter clockwise one tooth and added the spacer, the wheel is still slightly off to the left. Will need to do an alignment.

On the bright side, i've been running a NRG Short Hub with NRG Quick Release with Nardi Personal Neo Grinta steering wheel. The horn never really fit correctly due to the two wires for the horn. With the spacer, it gave it enough space and my horn sits perfect now lol.