Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Window Motor

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 08:41 AM
topgear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Door Window Motor

The passanger side door window on my Z started acting up recently. When the door is opened it does not roll down a little so the door can be closed properly. It's actually trying to push the window up higher. It's being stopped by the rubber restraint at the corner of the door. Before closing the door I have to push down on the window or press the door close sensor switch a few times. It does roll up after closing the door. Sometime I can hear the motor going back and forth.

The window motor has been replaced by the dealer but the problem hasn't been fixed. They claim it's a computer problem and some motors are defective. I have to wait for them to order another motor. While I was at the dealer another 350Z came in with a similiar problem (driver side window wont roll up or down sometimes).

Anyone else had this problem?
Old 04-28-2004, 12:09 PM
redva350z

no i don't have that problem but my passenger side window rolls down about 4 inches when i use the auto up button, it goes all the way up then comes down some, anyone know how to fix this? can it be reset or something without taking off the panel? it's really annoying cause the other day i opened my passenger side door and when i closed it, it did it's little thing and i had to go around and put the key in the ignition and roll it back up.

Last edited by redva350z; 04-28-2004 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:04 PM
xjerseyzfinestx

Default ...

about a week ago... my window on my driver side wasnt going down sumtimes or up... so i went to the nissan service place and i needed a new motor put in my door,
Old 04-28-2004, 07:59 PM
Natal

There are several old threads about window problems. I've commented on at least two of them. Check these out to see if they help any:
Thread 1
Thread 2

I had both power window actuators replaced. My problem was that the passenger window would roll down after it reached the top. I had to lock it in the off position to keep it near the top until the replacement unit arrived. The driver's side motor just died at the dealer's one day.
Old 04-29-2004, 12:00 PM
redva350z

Originally posted by Natal
There are several old threads about window problems. I've commented on at least two of them. Check these out to see if they help any:
Thread 1
Thread 2

I had both power window actuators replaced. My problem was that the passenger window would roll down after it reached the top. I had to lock it in the off position to keep it near the top until the replacement unit arrived. The driver's side motor just died at the dealer's one day.
thanks man, i guess i'll have to get them to fix it when i take it in for the grease streak fix
Old 04-29-2004, 05:34 PM
nitrousoxide123

Do you have an aftermarket security system? Because I have a KARR security system and it has this window sensor on it then when you're in the car and somethin shakes the sensor, the window does the up/down thing when you usually close the door even when its already closed but it doesnt affect it when I open my door. Hope this helps somehow.
Old 05-15-2004, 08:29 AM
350z-to-be

Same problem for me, but drivers side. Everytime I'd close them they would drop a few inches. Last time I tried to raise them they died and a bit of smoke came out. New motor's on order.
No aftermarket security for me.
Old 05-15-2004, 09:41 AM
MSOsr

I just had my driver's side motor replaced (totally died).

Yesterday, I "auto" raised the passenger window and it did the "up and then down halfway" trick. I had to use the switch a little at the time to raise it to the fully up position. It seems to work normally now when opening and closing the door, however.

What was the fix for the "up then halfway down" problem?
Old 05-15-2004, 11:49 AM
topgear

I solved my problem by tightning the screw on the door close/open sensor switch on the door frame. It was loose and causing some contact/circuit to not be closing properly.

Dealer got a new motor for me, but I'm not going to let them install it . For now the window is working properly again.