Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Noise in dash driving me insane!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007 | 12:08 PM
thrill350z

Originally Posted by fuzion
I had this problem as well. It was more noticeable when the car was cold.

To tell you the truth since its warmed up (NY here) the rattle just disappeared. Didnt touch anything. Hope you get it resolved.
Same here, mine went away.
Also the little butterfly screw was loose on the donut "spare" tire in the trunk. Tightening that helped a lot but it seems like the middle near the gauges does rattle but its less noticeable now.
Old 12-17-2007 | 01:26 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

the squeaks in my car are driving me f'n crazy.. there's one from around the right side driver's vent, and one from the cd player area.. and one from the center console area around the shift ****. im going nuts.
Old 12-17-2007 | 01:28 PM
Spork

Ahh, no squeaks here And I'll be laying eDead this spring on all interior metal panels
Old 12-17-2007 | 02:49 PM
iceagetlc

Originally Posted by 350black
Doof panel???? I got a lot of rattles, but I do not think I have one there.
Ah yes, the infmaous doof panel.
Old 12-17-2007 | 08:37 PM
Ztalker

for those with a dash rattle at the passenger side, try stuff a magazine between the dash and the bottom of the windshield towards the corner. That rattle was over two years ago. Haven't had another rattle since. I thought at first the rattle was coming from the stick shift...it turned out to be the dash. Knock on wood.... guess what, my 03 is rattle free.
Old 12-18-2007 | 03:49 AM
KManZ
Banned

Originally Posted by Ztalker
for those with a dash rattle at the passenger side, try stuff a magazine between the dash and the bottom of the windshield towards the corner. That rattle was over two years ago. Haven't had another rattle since. I thought at first the rattle was coming from the stick shift...it turned out to be the dash. Knock on wood.... guess what, my 03 is rattle free.
So is the magazine still sticking out of your dash? Ghetttto, but at least it doesn't rattle, right?

I just have this rattle in my headliner, which I am sure is some wiring hanging down and tapping the liner when I hit any type of bump. But I can't imagine taking off the liner to get to it (thanks to curtain airbags), so I will live with it. My girlfriend is like "I bet it is just small rocks bouncing up and hitting your tire wells" Women....
Old 12-18-2007 | 03:57 AM
sbZenth

there is so much rattle coming from my drivers seatlet device, the part that pulls the seatbelt forward before you pull it. the circle thing. i hate it.. never really tried to fix it though, haha.
Old 12-18-2007 | 04:11 AM
Doba

Originally Posted by KManZ
I just have this rattle in my headliner, which I am sure is some wiring hanging down and tapping the liner when I hit any type of bump.
In most cases its probably the wiring, under the dash and in the door panels, how hard could it be to take the door panel off, shouldn’t have to take it to the dealer for that, just spend an afternoon at it.

Dashboard should be easy to align back to place, tell that dealership they don’t know what they’re doing.

In most cases with my previous cars, I used a LOT of zip ties, in both door panels and under dashes to eliminate noises and it makes a hell of a difference, just spend some time on it yourself guys.
Old 12-18-2007 | 07:45 AM
Ztalker

Originally Posted by KManZ
So is the magazine still sticking out of your dash? Ghetttto, but at least it doesn't rattle, right?

I just have this rattle in my headliner, which I am sure is some wiring hanging down and tapping the liner when I hit any type of bump. But I can't imagine taking off the liner to get to it (thanks to curtain airbags), so I will live with it. My girlfriend is like "I bet it is just small rocks bouncing up and hitting your tire wells" Women....
i cannot stand rattles in any vehicles regardless of cost. Everyone knows me at the local nissan dealer. i made them fix it and fix it right.
The first dash rattle was behind the instrument panel 3 years ago and the dealer fixed it. i fixed the second annoying rattle coming from the passenger side after the bumper to pumper warranty ran out. You don't need to use the whole freakin magazine LOL...... trim the excess off and it's inconspicious.
Old 12-18-2007 | 08:20 AM
rockinbboy

My engine goes VROOOM! and RAAAARRWWRRRR! from time to time. Hope thats normal
Old 12-18-2007 | 11:28 AM
sbZenth

Originally Posted by rockinbboy
My engine goes VROOOM! and RAAAARRWWRRRR! from time to time. Hope thats normal
might wanna get that checked out.. that could be something very wrong with the car.
Old 12-19-2007 | 10:47 AM
Merovingi

Originally Posted by Ztalker
i cannot stand rattles in any vehicles regardless of cost. Everyone knows me at the local nissan dealer. i made them fix it and fix it right.
The first dash rattle was behind the instrument panel 3 years ago and the dealer fixed it. i fixed the second annoying rattle coming from the passenger side after the bumper to pumper warranty ran out. You don't need to use the whole freakin magazine LOL...... trim the excess off and it's inconspicious.

Hmmm, bumper to pumper warranty. I'm assuming it works something like a loaner vehcile and was wondering, did you pay extra for that? Do you get to pick her or do you have to take whomever THEY choose (Dealer's option)? How many do you have to choose from? Does she have to work at THAT dealership (if so, limits your options)? Does SHE come with a warranty? What if she squeaks when she talks, now you're almost back to square one. Does she have a button to push if you prefer dialog in Spanish? What if you push the wrong button and she goes off on you, will they swap her out for another or are you just SOL? Sounds a little risky to me, but I might consider it if they have a good selection.