Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any other lighting options from ClearCorners.com?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 08:33 AM
kbirdsong

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw your thread Dave, nice job. If you were in So Cal i'd be all over it. Bat is in San Diego, i could drive down there :-)
Old 09-19-2004, 10:28 AM
Jergens

Hey Dave, looks awesome on that silver ... But I have a black and want to have a clear or milky reflector and I dig the black housing that covers the silver. I'm going for the all black look. But thanks for the offer buddy.

~Josh
Old 09-19-2004, 12:55 PM
Spoon_sports808

Default Hijacked buahaha

eh, sorry for hijacking your thread, but KBIRDSONG, Is it me or are your rear turn signals red? if so Pm what you did, they look k00l
Old 09-19-2004, 01:36 PM
Spoon_sports808

Thanks dave079 that saves me alot of time =)
Old 09-19-2004, 02:59 PM
kbirdsong

Dave is correct on the overlays, I love them. They make a nice change to the rear of the car for very little money. They are easy to put on and i have had them on the PPW for about a year with no signs of any problems at all.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:02 PM
kbirdsong

from the rear
Attached Thumbnails Any other lighting options from ClearCorners.com?-p1010002web.jpg  
Old 09-20-2004, 10:43 AM
old_s13

kbird> I think what some people are looking for is just a lower cost alternative. I think clearcorners product is top notch, best conversion on the market. However i think some folks would just like a nice simple clear conversion without the additional expense of the LED parts.

Its just a matter of what we prefer to offer for our customers, thats all. We're not a big company, we dont want to waste time selling a product that isnt going to get as much attention. Professionally taking apart a headlight, properly modifying and wiring up LEDs, reassembly -- all of these take time and our goal is to sell a product that our customers WONT need to send back. To sell a product that our customers will enjoy getting countless compliments on because its more like artwork, not something you just pickup and buy for a couple hundred. Thats just me, thats why I created this company years back. If I didnt love what we do and what we sell, I'de be computer consulting. IMO, a clear lens replacement is an inferior product -- it looks cheap.

Jergens> I'm not trying to rag on you old-S13, but I can't see why an LED bulb and housing for the trunk is 145 dollars.

First thing to acknowledge is that they are not LED bulbs, they are LEDs -- Light Emitting Diodes. LEDs do not burn out, however.. they can fail if the circuit board is not properly designed. As for the trunk lamp, you're referring to replacing the factory incandescent bulb with a plug-in LED replacement -- thats not what we sell. We custom fabricate a circuit board and fill the entire lamp assembly with LEDs. Its one thing to comment on a product that you see a price and some pictures online, its another to see the product in person and judge the time and craftsmanship that goes into it.

Either way, customers who are interested in our product just need to search through the archives and read the past discussion on our products. We dont advertise for a reason, our customers speak good enough about the products we sell and thats pretty much all we're interested in.

mike / clearcorners.com
Old 09-20-2004, 12:22 PM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Q Mike,

After you do the conversion on the headlights, will it hook back up like stock? Or will I need to make any modifications?

Bat™

Last edited by Blue Batmobile; 09-20-2004 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:44 PM
Jergens

old_s13, Thank's for clearing me up. I am also refering to Light Emitting Diodes about the store bought ones. They don't burn out but you are right I have known people to have them short and/or had the connectivity points (I guess you'd call them that) go out. Again I think your headlights are great and worth the 895. My confusion was why your trunk light was so expensive and if that indicated inflated prices for your parts. I was actually looking more for a black housing similar to yours minus the LEDs. The LEDs might be a little too much for my tastes personally. If anything your product was too much not too little. Anyhow do you know anyone in FL that has them? I'd like to see how the LEDs look in person and if it isn't too over the top I might well go with your lamps.

~Josh

Last edited by Jergens; 09-20-2004 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:32 PM
kbirdsong

Mike ( old_s13 ),
You are obviously selling what you want, which is every business persons right. As i said, i believe your product is top notch. It simply just is not what some people are looking for. That's not your fault or anyone elses for that matter. It is just personnal preferance. As for your statement about a headlight converted with just a clear lens replacement looking cheap, well that is your belief and your welcome to it my friend. In my opinon, done with a properly molded lens it would look just like a factory headlight, which is what i and others are looking for, no more, no less. You have no need to explain about all the LED mods to me and the expense involved in creating them, properly wiring them etc. because your tastes and mine simply differ. I wouldn't pay anything extra for them because i simply am not that thrilled about them. Your right they are like pieces of art. Beautiful to the people who appreciate them. But also like art, everyone has their own tastes. I wish people would stop trashing on your company simply because they either don't like the product or think they are overpriced. I also wish you wouldn't trash other peoples ideas for what they think would look nice and would be in their price range. Just simply say that is not something i am interested in producing.

Last edited by kbirdsong; 09-20-2004 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:15 PM
old_s13

After you do the conversion on the headlights, will it hook back up like stock? Or will I need to make any modifications?

bat, our lights are pre-wired to the factory wiring harness, everything is soldered and shrink tubed just like stock -- all you have to do is plug them in. we have units on display should you want to swing by the office and see them in person.

jergens> Anyhow do you know anyone in FL that has them? I'd like to see how the LEDs look in person and if it isn't too over the top I might well go with your lamps.

not sure, i dont keep track of what customers are on the forum or not. but, those who are on the forum have posted pictures of them either on here, or have a gallery on our site. you can see plenty of high-res images that do an excellent job of showcasing the product here:

http://clearcorners.com/products/nissan/350ZX3/

If you attend shows, you're bound to spot plenty of our goodies.

kbird> As for your statement about a headlight converted with just a clear lens replacement looking cheap, well that is your belief and your welcome to it my friend.

I agree, we're all entitled to our own opinions of course. The reason I think the clear lens looks cheap is because incandescent bulbs NEVER match perfectly with HID/Xenon lights, they always have a yellowish appearance. Even if you go with a coated bulb, it will still look faded compared to the brilliant bright appearance of HID/xenon.
Old 09-22-2004, 05:54 PM
whosdady

Will you sell just the clear reflector strip? If so how much is it?

Also what do you do if the factory lights crack? Mine have been replaced already under warranty for cracking and it looks like one side might be going bad. I would really like to have my lights done but I am affraid that they may crack again and I don't want to pay twice to have this work done. You can check the issues section of this forum if you are unfamiliar with this problem.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:39 PM
Blue Batmobile
Inventor
Blue Batmobile

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mike,

You sell the clear strips separately? If so, how much?

Bat™
Old 09-24-2004, 04:13 PM
old_s13

Will you sell just the clear reflector strip?

Sorry, we dont sell any internal headlamp components.

Also what do you do if the factory lights crack?

Then they will need to be replaced. We can replace lenses if you can attain another headlamp. If its a warranty issue, you will have to speak with your dealership and see if they are willing to send out a replacement headlamp -- that way we can take apart both and swap lenses. Obviously, you want to keep the internals since that has the custom work and JUST swap the damaged/defective lens.

mike / clearcorners.com
Old 09-24-2004, 05:17 PM
kbirdsong

Mike,
Is there any warranty at all on your lights? The reason i am asking is i didn't see anything on your website, of course i might have missed it.

Last edited by kbirdsong; 09-24-2004 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:00 PM
old_s13

1 year warranty on headlamp seal and on LEDs. However, our main goal is to make sure your lamps look good and illuminate for years to come. So, should you ever have any problems.. you can always get in touch with us to remedy any issues.. thats what we're here for.