Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

ATTN MODS - Not to beat a dead horse but

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 11:00 AM
Risk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTN MODS - Not to beat a dead horse but

There is something that just irks the **** out of me on this board. Now I know it didnt used to be like this but over the past several months we have had several threads like this (and I quote)

....ahem...."hI guys i amreally looking at a z but ihad a question z is faster my buddy than a sti because bmws own is there any way a z owns sti because i like the look of bmw and z is slow people say to me what is most fastedest the money?"

Now, isnt that just fvkin annoying to anyone else?? What happened to the "young professionals" like myself owning Zs anyway? Sorry if this is somewhat of a rant, but there must be some kind of solution for this. Maybe a crack team of illiteracy mods who will filter threads before they catch airtime?? I dont know.. thoughts anybody?

EDIT: It is because of the outlined situation above that I no longer hang out in the "general Z" forum since this is where it seems to be concentrated.

Last edited by Risk; 07-15-2005 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:10 AM
tacomaboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO thank you for that.... I am willing ot bet you actually copy pasted that too, not just made it up!
Old 07-15-2005, 11:10 AM
zownz

haha thats histerical
Old 07-15-2005, 11:12 AM
stopgo

A-****ing-men!

You don't have to be a Pulitzer-winning journalist to post here, but for the love of all that's shiny PLEASE make some sense when you post.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:12 AM
TK2005

That hurt just reading it. I gotta question about tire feathering though if you have some free time.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:13 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree. I think there should be some kind of an essay that one must write before gaining posting privileges to this site... Granted im not the best speller in the world, but still... Know what I mean.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:14 AM
TK2005

Originally Posted by stopgo
A-****ing-men!

You don't have to be a Pulitzer-winning journalist to post here, but for the love of all that's shiny PLEASE make some sense when you post.
I kind of like those posts, gives us a chance to see the bunny.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:20 AM
Risk

Originally Posted by TK2005
That hurt just reading it. I gotta question about tire feathering though if you have some free time.

Tire feathering is most common on '03 models up to '04.5 models. Nissan has been replacing front tires due to feathering in the first 36k miles (I think) after they take mesurements that prove uneven tread wear. Bridgestone changed the stock Potenza re-40 tread pattern for '05 to try to solve the problem and while it didnt solve it completely, it did help a great deal. The real problem lies in a combination of huge tread blocks on the ouside of the tires (my S-03s are similar and will probably start to feather) and a suspension design that has very limited adjustability. If you really want to solve feathering, it will take about $1k in different tires and $1k in adjustable suspension parts. Hope that helped.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:26 AM
lane myers

i know what you mean risk. but i dont know what type of solutions there would be to this without banning or something like that - there is no point system or anything like that on this site...

when i see posts like the one you described, i just ignore it, leave, and try to find a thread that doesnt hurt my eyes/brain... or i just make a smart@ss comment to get my post count up.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:36 AM
iheartZ

i agree fo sho mane. i mean how we gonna get to lurn mo bout dem z's if peeps dont speak right ya heard? dueces b
Old 07-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Risk

Originally Posted by lane myers
i know what you mean risk. but i dont know what type of solutions there would be to this without banning or something like that - there is no point system or anything like that on this site...

when i see posts like the one you described, i just ignore it, leave, and try to find a thread that doesnt hurt my eyes/brain... or i just make a smart@ss comment to get my post count up.

Yup....the thread that actually broke the camels back for me on this one was the Z or the BMW 540i being faster. Come on, seriously?? We are talking about 2 nice cars here and all the guy was interested in (it seems) was which one was faster?? I would like to think that anyone who could afford either of these cars would be at least as interested in style, operating costs, insurance premiums, reliability, practicality...ect

Last edited by Risk; 07-15-2005 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:52 AM
cloudy

Originally Posted by iheartZ
i agree fo sho mane. i mean how we gonna get to lurn mo bout dem z's if peeps dont speak right ya heard? dueces b
Ok you just kinda killed the joke.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:54 AM
DBZCat

moved.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:00 PM
cloudy

Originally Posted by dave079
I think it has a lot to do with kids whos mommy and daddy buy their Z for them at 16. Although at 16 I could still use proper grammar and punctuation it seems it's very much lacking lately. I know this is an internet forum and people do sometimes slip slightly in their grammar and spelling but it gets ridiculous having to read through this crap. Also these kids have no idea what they want. They like the car because it looks cool I guess and since mommy and daddy buy it, they dont have the same enthusiasm as us who paid for it with our own money.
Well i didnt pay for mine, but i can say i have the same enthusiast as you guys :P.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:09 PM
Risk

Originally Posted by DBZCat
moved.
I knew it was only a matter of time before one of you moved it to the "nobody reads" section...sigh...but oh well.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:16 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While I will be the first to agree that I am severely annoyed by this (and I mean SEVERELY), and don't understand how people can post something like this without even a hint of proof-reading, I have a few thoughts for you.

1.) You've posted a criticizm without proposing a reasonable solution. If you want the forum to be better, be part of the solution.

2.) While the post is written at a first grade level, and offends the sensibilities of even the moderately educated folks here, the root question was a valid, Z related question.

3.) We are a very diverse group, and as such, you have to respect the fact that some of us aren't provided with either the skills or the motivation to represent ourselves through our writing (either that or we are representing ourselves through our writing and we're just that stupid )

4.) There is no way to stop these kinds of posts because a censorship of stupidity will quickly and militarily turn into a quelching of information sharing that makes this forum great.

That said, I wish dumb-@$$es like this dude you've quoted would take their stupid questions elsewhere just like you do.

Last edited by kcobean; 07-15-2005 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:22 PM
DBZCat

guys, i am also annoyed as well, I am just moving it to where it is supposed to be. I left a following link in the previous posted section to leave it in the "read" forum a little longer instead of just completely moving it over with no trace.

I for one don't know how we could prevent people from continuing to post repeated threads....
Old 07-15-2005, 12:23 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I've got the solution right here.....

When a new member signs up for the board, an email is sent to them requiring them to click on a link to complete the registration process. As part of that process, they should be required to view the following...

http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Now all we have to do is come up with a way of detecting that they watched it to completion and if they don't watch it fully, their sign-up is voided until they do!!!

Quick Reply: ATTN MODS - Not to beat a dead horse but