Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.
View Poll Results: THE RICH JERK LINK: to permanently remove or to keep?
it should be kept on my350z
45.35%
it should be removed permanently from my350z
54.65%
Voters: 269. You may not vote on this poll

Who wants THE RICH JERK ad gone forever? Private poll: Please vote or vote again

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 11:49 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Bump for the real results.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:56 PM
John@Victory

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iceco1d
+1 man. That really burns me up...that the owner of this site thinks we are that stupid, and we pay his bills, and he would try to deceive us like that?
how is it you are paying his bills? i dont see a premier member status, vendor status, or sponsor status under your user name
Old 10-22-2006, 01:06 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John@Victory
how is it you are paying his bills? i dont see a premier member status, vendor status, or sponsor status under your user name
problem with this banner john is that the money isnt for the site. It goes into Kyle's pocket. If it was being used to run the site that is one thing, but this is more like something Vic would have done.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Well the reason you pay your sponsor fee is to sell stuff, but you won't do much of that being a smartass to members now will you? Maybe you should buy the book?
Old 10-22-2006, 01:13 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

LOL, he's just jumping on the hate-bandwagon.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:15 PM
iceco1d

Excuse me? I have clicked on ads, ESPECIALLY the ads for Z parts, and even a few google ads and/text links, which is how MOST forums operate, on advertising revenue, without being asked to pay anything. And no, $50 isn't a big deal, and the $30 special going on right now, is pretty cool too, BUT, I belong to roughly a dozen forums online, if each one wanted $50 for a status symbol, i'd stop visiting. I don't need to spend $600 a year to read people bickering at each other about what a Z can and cannot beat, what NFL team is best, who's AV setup is best, who can pick the best stocks, who has the nicest house, or anything else for that matter.

Don't even THINK about getting on your high horse because you paid to belong to a site that should be free. I'm here for my leisure, you are here for business, that's not my problem either.

The point is, I don't really care whether or not that ad stays or not. I think there are BETTER ads for that spot (like a Credit Card affiliate program, reasons for which, I stated above). A more reputable ad would look better, and I'd bet it would make the owner of this site more money, since most people driving Z's, aren't "Pathetic Losers" - they are doing just fine. And who does that? I don't care what kind of new era advertising tactic "the rich jerk" uses, and I'd be d**ned if i'd let a sponsor post and ad like that at my business. So basically what you have is an ad that doesn't seem to be targetting the correct audience (honestly, "Kyle" how much money have you made on it since you put it up?), is making my350z CUSTOMERS angry, and really could be replaced with more effective and profitable advertising/affiliate programs.

My OPINION as a business professional. I couldn't care less if he advertises bestiality at the top of this site, what he does, is his business, I don't have to look at it.

However, the fact that he thinks changing a poll is acceptable, and/or that we are that stupid to not pick up on it, is pretty sad, unethical, and unprofessional. And once again, he can do whatever he likes, but with crap like that going on, well...350zmotoring here i come!

One thing I will disagree with, but no offense intended...the ads on this site are partially supposed to go in the owners pocket. I wouldn't expect anyone to deal with the hassle involved with a forum, directory, search engine, or information gathering site, to do it in their spare time, for free. He owns this site to make some money at it, whether it's a few bucks, or whether he's trying to be another "rich jerk" - I dunno, or care. I don't have a problem with him putting advertising/affiliate money in his pocket, that's how the world works. And up until this point, I think this site is VERY, VERY GOOD, he deserves whatever he makes off of it.

BTW Jun, love the avatar

Last edited by iceco1d; 10-22-2006 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Originally Posted by Jun

LOL, he's just jumping on the hate-bandwagon.
There is not bandwagon, it's ****ing stupid, and makes the site look cheap. What's next? Pop up ads?

It's bad enough that some homo admin changed the poll results.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:22 PM
iceco1d

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
There is not bandwagon, it's ****ing stupid, and makes the site look cheap. What's next? Pop up ads?

+1000000000000
Old 10-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by iceco1d
One thing I will disagree with, but no offense intended...the ads on this site are partially supposed to go in the owners pocket. I wouldn't expect anyone to deal with the hassle involved with a forum, directory, search engine, or information gathering site, to do it in their spare time, for free. He owns this site to make some money at it, whether it's a few bucks, or whether he's trying to be another "rich jerk" - I dunno, or care. I don't have a problem with him putting advertising/affiliate money in his pocket, that's how the world works. And up until this point, I think this site is VERY, VERY GOOD, he deserves whatever he makes off of it.

The person that placed that banner DOES NOT own this site.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:40 PM
iceco1d

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
The person that placed that banner DOES NOT own this site.
Oh really? LOL, that makes it even worse! Thank you for correcting me! (you still get the point of my post though, yes?).
Old 10-22-2006, 01:55 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

like I said above. I could care less if the banner was there if the money went ot the site and not the admins own pocket. The site is a business and if TAKO (the owner) used the banner ad to make himself money, then it would be all good.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:59 PM
350zz053

Its not hurting anyone....who cares
Old 10-22-2006, 02:07 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

I have never seen the ad, is it because i'm a Premier Member?
Old 10-22-2006, 02:07 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Jun
I have never seen the ad, is it because i'm a Premier Member?
yes
Old 10-22-2006, 02:10 PM
Jun
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
yes
No wonder.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:54 PM
iceco1d

Uh oh, poll is back in favor of removing the ad...time to switch up the results again admins!
Old 10-22-2006, 03:50 PM
03performz

^exactly. Sooner or later we'll be inundated w/ having to close pop-ups in order to read posts. It's chessey as hell too and right in your face.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:53 PM
03performz

Well the reason you pay your sponsor fee is to sell stuff, but you won't do much of that being a smartass to members now will you? Maybe you should buy the book?
Hraes for president.

It's funny how simple minded that sponsor is (duh). I wonder how long before he's in another line of work.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:57 PM
zpeedDemon

after switching the poll its still shows its true colors.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:50 PM
LegionnaireZ

Like a few others... i really don't care if it stays or goes... for majority of the forums that i visit... there are ads all over the place... to me it's just one more... and just one more thing that i really don't pay attention to... When it was first posted... i spotted it and just wondered WTF? is that? clicked it and read about it... now that i know what it is... i simply scroll right past it...

no big deal IMO...

Quick Reply: Who wants THE RICH JERK ad gone forever? Private poll: Please vote or vote again