Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Moderator leeway

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 07:49 AM
DVFlyer
Speed of White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moderator leeway

In reference to this r0mey's response at the bottom of this page:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....308955&page=12

At what point does a moderator have the authority to delete threads and "wait for an answer" and stifle the open discussion which is the nature of a "forum".

While I understand this particular thread was very emotional, that alone should not allow a moderator the leeway to lock a thread until a question is answered.

Add to that the questions that are in need of answer until further posts will be allowed were asked by a sponsor of this forum. That alone smells of sponsor favoritism.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:25 AM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1, I'm absolutely sick of the thread closings lately. Keep it open, and ONLY close it when a TOU has obviously been violated. The babysitting is getting WAAAAY old.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:29 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

well i didnt lock the thread sharif did read his last pm i left it open
Old 10-19-2007, 08:30 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

i made a post asking for all the OT BS to stop quite simple if you werent involved why do you need to post ?
Old 10-19-2007, 08:31 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by r0mey
well i didnt lock the thread sharif did read his last pm i left it open

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...&postcount=226
Old 10-19-2007, 08:34 AM
failsafe306

I just saw that the OP closed it. I wasn't even referring to that particular thread or you in general.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:36 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

but the OP was i mean lets be real guys if you have nothing to do with the build or the shop or what happened its OT and thats all 9 out of those 10 pages were were just OT
Old 10-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how is a business allowed to make accusations against anyone without proof. all I wanted was the mudslinging ******** to stop and let scott and sharif have thier discussion.

when everyone would stop instigating assumptions that thread would have been fine. that is all. I will not make OT posts... people can guess and jump on the bandwagon all they want and this forum will have no parity and that is great. sharif is allowed to make accusations and MRC can bring other people into it and GTM can comment and flame things they have no proof of yet it's people trying to get that to stop that are Offtopic.

I did not bring ETG into that thread

I did not bring RA's shop location into that thread

I am not the one who insinuated things knowing the answers the other parties had already.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:37 AM
Motormouth
Banned

but as you requested I will shut up and let them work it out. I just hope that even paying vendors are given the same advice.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Motero
Banned

i made a post asking for all the OT BS to stop quite simple if you werent involved why do you need to post ?
Because its a forum, we are allowed to give our opinion...
Old 10-19-2007, 08:41 AM
failsafe306

but the OP was i mean lets be real guys if you have nothing to do with the build or the shop or what happened its OT and thats all 9 out of those 10 pages were were just OT
I don't necessarily agree there. This is a "forum", and all of the members should be able to put in their two cents on the subject, as long as it is in reference to the topic, which most of the replies seemed to be. If putting in our opinions on the subject is "taking it OT", then I don't know what I'm doing in this forum anymore, much less paying to be on here.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:42 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I understand what your saying Rome....but until your ready to take it to the extreme which would be.....If insert member makes thread, no one would be able to post in it if they're not somehow involved.

And I'm not making this post to instigate anything or anyone....(regards to another mod)...
Old 10-19-2007, 08:43 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

and since i didnt lock the thread like this OP stated there is no point for this thread
Old 10-19-2007, 08:46 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

im sorry that you guys dont like my decision but i didnt see not one person complain when alex locked the thread i lock it and you guys wanna come out the word works. Instead of trying to get to the bottom of things you all want to just add your "opinion" because its a forum. This is why FI keeps going down down down
Old 10-19-2007, 08:48 AM
Motormouth
Banned

I agree to a certain extent about everyone's right to post. it just makes a cluster****. if there was like a AIM box next to the thread where you could discuss it without posting and leave the 'thread' entries to the parties involved that would work, but it isn't possible in this format.

and the one that I think people were talking about and that pissed me off was the PF thread where USED expained thier side of the story and his post was deleted along with where the accusations against them were made were cleaned up yet the kid's posts still remained insinuating wrong doing.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Motormouth
Banned

im sorry that you guys dont like my decision but i didnt see not one person complain when alex locked the thread i lock it and you guys wanna come out the word works. Instead of trying to get to the bottom of things you all want to just add your "opinion" because its a forum. This is why FI keeps going down down down
I think they are talking about you saying you were going to delete posts. deleting them gets rid of the public record. locking them does not and IIRC you can still query for locked threads.

I get your point though.

maybe have a new section for all this crap? this doesn't really have anything to do with forced induction really... and it would make shops alot less eager to start these kinds of threads if the catagory was pretty specific.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:51 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

well the post arent deleted all admins/mods can see the post just you guys cant so there is public record tom
Old 10-19-2007, 08:52 AM
failsafe306

Originally Posted by Motormouth
maybe have a new section for all this crap? this doesn't really have anything to do with forced induction really... and it would make shops alot less eager to start these kinds of threads if the catagory was pretty specific.
I don't think that would help. People will still post wherever and whatever they want. The majority of the BS occurs when a legit thread is started, then it veers way off into left field, usually after MRC posts, LOL.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:53 AM
taurran

I agree. Opinions are like *** holes, and we don't need to see everyone's *** in every thread!

If you're legitimately involved or have ties to a certain subject, then fine... but if you're halfway accross the country and have nothing to do with it, then you really have no business saying anything that could make the situation worse.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:53 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

and since i didnt lock the thread like this OP stated there is no point for this thread
I'm referring to this post:

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...&postcount=225

And since the above FI thread in the Feedback, Suggestions, Questions forum is closed, I replied here.

Quick Reply: Moderator leeway