Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Lowest Turbonetics price

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 07:24 PM
zman1910

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 2 NV
Zman quote:"APS is ready to go out of the box, with mapping for 91 or 93 octane through GRD"

So it does need to be tuned, or am i just not reading it right?
There should be no need for tuning to answer your question....
Old 04-10-2005, 07:25 PM
xxlbeerZ

Zman quote:"APS is ready to go out of the box, with mapping for 91 or 93 octane through GRD"

So it does need to be tuned, or am i just not reading it right?

Like most of the other FI options, it will come out of the box ready to run. However, getting it tuned may squeeze out a little more horsepower or make it a little more reliable/safe. You should be able to drive it right after installation as long as you have gauges to make sure nothing is out of the ordinary.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:26 PM
zman1910

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
Guys..don't turn this into another thread about APS is better than X kit...
Its not about that, its about helping a member make the right decision since he has questions. This is a lot of money...just trying to help him out with info so he can make the right decision in the end. Thats what forums are for...
Old 04-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

xxl, I think the Turbonetics kit is better. APS has it's advantages...but it's looking like a $5500 price tag...ouch....they make at least a $2000 profit on both TT and T kits.

1 2 nv, you can get the Unichip loaded with an octane tune...however, it will be a very power limiting tune as the same one is used for all 350Z's.

The Turbonetics however...you can get it tuned while you are installing the turbo kit.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:28 PM
zman1910

Also I know that Z1 in GA has installed a few APS TT kits without any tuning and have not had any problems whatsoever....you should be fine
Old 04-10-2005, 07:30 PM
zman1910

xxl, I think the Turbonetics kit is better. APS has it's advantages...but it's looking like a $5500 price tag...ouch....they make at least a $2000 profit on both TT and T kits.

1 2 nv, you can get the Unichip loaded with an octane tune...however, it will be a very power limiting tune as the same one is used for all 350Z's.

The Turbonetics however...you can get it tuned while you are installing the turbo kit.
Good points...but I dont care how much profit APS makes. Either way it'll be about 1k more than the turbonetics. Make sure you get a fuel system and couple of other things and that price advantage starts diminishing.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:33 PM
xxlbeerZ

Not even comparing the Turbonetics to APS, just comparing it to every other turbo kit, it's inferior.

Name a good thing, or some feature that puts this kit above the rest. Price isn't even a big deal considering the Greedy TT is like $5200 w/ intercooler.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:33 PM
1 2 NV

Nis350ztt Quote: "Guys..don't turn this into another thread about APS is better than X kit..."

Please lets not. But doesnt it bother you you guys that APS isnt even trying to make an attempt to make the price competitive? Trying to stick to the above quote, the power out put seems to be pretty similar! Some times I feel companies think they mark something up more than there competitors just to so they can say well our kit is better. I am not trying to flame one kit or the other, I truely dont know enough about either one of the kits to do that, I guess I am just blowing off some steem! I hate inflated prices!!!
Old 04-10-2005, 07:37 PM
xxlbeerZ

Nis350ztt Quote: "Guys..don't turn this into another thread about APS is better than X kit..."

Please lets not. But doesnt it bother you you guys that APS isnt even trying to make an attempt to make the price competitive? Trying to stick to the above quote, the power out put seems to be pretty similar! Some times I feel companies think they mark something up more than there competitors just to so they can say well our kit is better. I am not trying to flame one kit or the other, I truely dont know enough about either one of the kits to do that, I guess I am just blowing off some steem! I hate inflated prices!!!
For $1k more you get a long list of advantages. Check the other threads, the extra things you get with APS are worth more than the additional cost.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:49 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

You get an oil pan (not even necessary), a fuel system the will work past 450rwhp (but won't after ~520rwhp), and...? Nothing else I can think of...

The Turbonetics has a better tuning option IMO. Plus it's more easily upgradeable.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:17 PM
ZZtopp

You get an oil pan (not even necessary), a fuel system the will work past 450rwhp (but won't after ~520rwhp), and...? Nothing else I can think of...

The Turbonetics has a better tuning option IMO. Plus it's more easily upgradeable.
You also get, IMHO, a better placement of the turbo, a higher quality turbo, more power delivery sooner, and the fact that the APS TT has yet to blow an engine and has, so far, proven to be the safest and best engineered/designed FI kit for the Z. You get what you pay for.

The Turbonetics kit may prove to be the best thing since sliced bread, but at this point, I think APS has a huge edge. We need to get some of these things on our cars to really judge.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

I disagree with turbo placement. The piping and heat soak may have been engineered better (less heat soak, less complicating piping)...but the turbo is in danger for road debris in my opinion. Higher quality? Not IMO. Turbonetics is top notch. That has yet to be determined. If it does...that means it uses a smaller turbocharger or smaller compressor wheel, you can't have faster spool time and maintain the same power level with a single turbocharger. Turbonetics hasn't blown a motor either. The Turbonetics will actually be safer as far as engine management.

Can we get back to the topic of Turbonetics? Thanks.

This Turbonetics vs. APS crap has been beaten to death.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:23 PM
tig488

why am i experiencing deja-vu all of a sudden?
Old 04-10-2005, 08:23 PM
xxlbeerZ

Ball bearing turbo
Oil pan with return and baffling (no tapping oil pan)
Fuel return system, bigger injectors
Plug and play electronics (Turbonetics is too, but you have to mail your ECU)
Less underhood engine heat
Better FMIC
Superior pipe routing and sizing
Don't have to reroute/recharge your Air conditioning system
Better engineered parts and placement

I'm sure there's more, but that's enough for me to justify the cost personally.

Last edited by xxlbeerZ; 04-10-2005 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Better FMIC? Hah...I have no idea how you can determine that. Spearco are some of the BEST intercoolers available.

I already stated where I stood on the other parts.

The rest of your opinion is just BS.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:27 PM
zman1910

Originally Posted by ZZtopp
You also get, IMHO, a better placement of the turbo, a higher quality turbo, more power delivery sooner, and the fact that the APS TT has yet to blow an engine and has, so far, proven to be the safest and best engineered/designed FI kit for the Z. You get what you pay for.

The Turbonetics kit may prove to be the best thing since sliced bread, but at this point, I think APS has a huge edge. We need to get some of these things on our cars to really judge.

+1...also yes the fuel system is limited to 520 whp, but I dont plan on exceeding 400 whp and this kit was designed for people like me. 95% of people that own Z's more than likely wont exceed this. Either way I feel better getting a complete kit that correlates well with each other and has been tested, rather than hunting down all my parts separately and not knowing what the outcome may be. Brings more peace of mind..to me at least.

Im just curious how do you know the profit margin of Turbonetics vs. APS. Either way as mentioned above I'm willing to pay a bit more for safety and reassurance. Not to mention APS is usually present on the forums and is more than willing to help. You don't see customer service like that with anyone else, in fact its a rarity nowadays...
Old 04-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

zman...you can price parts and determine how much it would cost.
Old 04-10-2005, 08:29 PM
zman1910

Turbonetics hasn't blown an engine yet simply bc MIAPLAYA and maybe one other person are the only ones that have it..... we'll see soon since many just got their orders...
Old 04-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Anyway...i'm done bickering that the Turbonetics is worthy to be at least compared to APS.

Anymore posts regarding APS after this will be deleted as the thread starter was wanting info on the Turbonetics kit, not what future APS buyers think is better.

(this coming from someone who plans on a APS TT kit)
Old 04-10-2005, 08:32 PM
zman1910

zman...you can price parts and determine how much it would cost.
Don't forget it also costs money for R&D. We all know APS has plenty of that.

Quick Reply: Lowest Turbonetics price