Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Procharger catch can install... tip....

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 03:16 PM
can350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger catch can install... tip....

Picked up the Performance Nissan Signal Auto catch can...very nice.. Installed on the passenger side of the intercooler.. Fits great.. Did change the ATI PCV routing a little.. Connected both the inlet line,(was attached to air inlet tube), and the PCV line to the inlet of catch can..easier and more effect than ATI's procedure.. Then ran the single line from can outlet to the connection downstream of airfilter.. No drilling into the air filter required for second connection... Will post more feedback in the next few days.. car is running great otherwise...
Attached Thumbnails Procharger catch can install...  tip....-img_0912.jpg   Procharger catch can install...  tip....-img_0914.jpg  
Old 05-14-2005, 10:00 AM
ss350

nice job
Old 05-15-2005, 07:11 AM
RBALDINELLII

Can you tell me where you hooked into. Was it at the T fitting where the pcv valve and the line from the left valve cover come together. Send pictures if possible. Thanks
Old 05-15-2005, 11:42 AM
can350z

Default PCV routing

I connected the air inlet line...drivers side valve cover line... to the line coming from PCV valve...passenger side valve cover.. with supplied Tee and ran single hose to catch can.. The balance line between valve covers I did not splice into...no reason to.. see pics...

Originally Posted by RBALDINELLII
Can you tell me where you hooked into. Was it at the T fitting where the pcv valve and the line from the left valve cover come together. Send pictures if possible. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Procharger catch can install...  tip....-img_0920.jpg   Procharger catch can install...  tip....-img_0921.jpg   Procharger catch can install...  tip....-img_0918.jpg  
Old 05-15-2005, 11:55 AM
RBALDINELLII

Thanks for the answer. I notice you have the crawford cast upper plenum. Did you notice much of a difference in performance and did the FMU have to be adjusted afterwards? Did you notice you were losing oil with no real explanation where it was going in regards to the Procharger. Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to make my system as safe as possible.
Old 05-15-2005, 02:15 PM
can350z

It's actually a Crawford V5 plenum... Note that the Crawford bar fits...
Plenum has been on car for for over a year NA prior.. worth the money..
No FMU.. AAM fuel system.. Needs more ECU tuning.. dyno this week for A/F adjustments at Technosquare.
No oil loss yet.. not many miles on blower... This is why the pcv system I think is critical in terms of relieving blow-by pressure..

Originally Posted by RBALDINELLII
Thanks for the answer. I notice you have the crawford cast upper plenum. Did you notice much of a difference in performance and did the FMU have to be adjusted afterwards? Did you notice you were losing oil with no real explanation where it was going in regards to the Procharger. Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to make my system as safe as possible.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:29 PM
RBALDINELLII

I've noticed about a lose of a quart over the course of 3,000 miles. I'll get the can this week. Thanks for your input.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:31 PM
POWERSLIDIN

I've thought about adding one also. Thanks for the info!