Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Kinetix SSV IM "Dyno Numbers"

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 12:59 PM
Gman2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by captj3
I have 1 question the hp #'s look impresive.But why are the torque #'s so low in comparison?One other question how many people have there rev limt raised with FI?
s/c's cars don't make as much tq as ST or TT's.

I have the rev limiter raised on mine.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:46 PM
SungNamZ

To my knowledge, it didn't happen before and definately did not happen this time!
Old 05-21-2005, 07:11 PM
Speed Dreams

Originally Posted by nis350ztt
Did you tell the dyno operator about the numbers shooting up if you press the button before you reach redline?.....Just wondering if it happened again or if he didn't do it this time.
Incorrect, whether the client has a target rpm or we go to red line, dyno sampling is terminated after full throddle release. Notice the small dip at the end of the runs which depicts off throddle before sampling was stopped.
Never have never will stop sampling during full throddle pulls due to inaccurate sampling.

Best example is Rons last run, he wanted to sample to red line where we hit the rev limiter, thats why we have the largest decline of all samples.
Congrats Ron, can't wait to see #'s with the SSV on our Turbonetics kit.

Last edited by Speed Dreams; 05-21-2005 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:16 PM
SungNamZ

"Congrats" ought to go to Ryan! Maybe I should say patience? I am looking forward to seeing Jason's/Barzten1 numbers on Monday!
Old 05-21-2005, 08:50 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Speed Dreams
Incorrect, whether the client has a target rpm or we go to red line, dyno sampling is terminated after full throddle release. Notice the small dip at the end of the runs which depicts off throddle before sampling was stopped.
Never have never will stop sampling during full throddle pulls due to inaccurate sampling.

Best example is Rons last run, he wanted to sample to red line where we hit the rev limiter, thats why we have the largest decline of all samples.
Congrats Ron, can't wait to see #'s with the SSV on our Turbonetics kit.
https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...&postcount=273

Again, not saying it's intentional, just wondering if you know it does that.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:34 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can still clearly see it's does gain power in lots of different areas of tq and hp throughout the curve.

it also has all the other neat stuff going for it that the other plenums don't have

12.5 lbs lighter
more easy access to engine parts
looks great
direct port nitrous capability
etc

I know the peak hp number might be thrown into question - but how often are you going to rev to 7100 to care? Obviously that spike is a dyno spike, not a real power gain, but look at all those other areas it benefits over the already decent kinetix plenum gains.
Old 05-21-2005, 10:36 PM
SpeedDreamTuner

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...&postcount=273

Again, not saying it's intentional, just wondering if you know it does that.

It's irrelevant. Period, on the previos graph we have the cursor highlited at a neutral poin in the curve that clearly demonstrates a very large gain. I find it odd that that manufacturer would preach anything about those peak numbers when any well trained operator or tuner or manufacturer knows that peak numbers aren't always the end all -- especially when the cursor is pointed a few hundred RPM down on the same graph. I found it an irrelevant back then, and still do. It's even more irrelevant on the latest graph as we picked a neutral point.

To the news, congrats Ron. I'm glad we were able to finally get the car setup correctly. I knew the car had more in it with the new IM. These new manifolds just flat make power, hands down. Congrats again!
Old 05-22-2005, 05:52 AM
luanda

Default Kinetix SSV

Originally Posted by captj3
I have 1 question the hp #'s look impresive.But why are the torque #'s so low in comparison?One other question how many people have there rev limt raised with FI?
I understand that this type of intake design is going to inevitably mean a loss in torque but a net gain overall in horsepower at higher RPMS...simply its nature.

Looks like a great product, but that ain't for me - My Vortech already has enough HP skewed to the redline - want to compliment the Vortech characteristics not amplify them....and stay with the 2003-2004 engine (Nissan made similar intake and mapping adjustments to get to their 300HP rating i.e. less torque, higher peak HP) and a raised stock plenum (a la Crawford or spacer) and keep the extra torque down lower for a funner punchier feel for the daily drive.

...but that's just me - Nonetheless, my hats go off to Kinetix for the R&D they put in this piece...it will appeal to many.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:07 AM
GMADD

Any dyno numbers with a TT setup ?

I would love to see the power curve on that !
Old 05-22-2005, 10:20 AM
wren57
Banned

Perhaps I am a moron, but what is the deal with the RPM? It appears you went to 7200 with the SSV IM and 6900 with the v4 and stock... wtf am I missing?
Old 05-22-2005, 11:10 AM
SpeedDreamTuner

Guys, we need to get over this. The gain is throughout the RPM range. The cursor is at 6020 RPM and it shows a big gain. RPM's are totally irrelevant.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:29 AM
G352NV

Ill be doing my tune soon, hope I get good results.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by SpeedDreamTuner
It's irrelevant. Period, on the previos graph we have the cursor highlited at a neutral poin in the curve that clearly demonstrates a very large gain. I find it odd that that manufacturer would preach anything about those peak numbers when any well trained operator or tuner or manufacturer knows that peak numbers aren't always the end all -- especially when the cursor is pointed a few hundred RPM down on the same graph. I found it an irrelevant back then, and still do. It's even more irrelevant on the latest graph as we picked a neutral point.

To the news, congrats Ron. I'm glad we were able to finally get the car setup correctly. I knew the car had more in it with the new IM. These new manifolds just flat make power, hands down. Congrats again!
I'm not saying it doesn't make power, don't confuse that with what i'm saying. Just saying people shouldn't be looking at the peak numbers as the other one's were extremely high. It gains power, but does it gain enough to justify the cost? That's up to the person reading this.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Nice numbers sungnam, i'm sure you're very pleased with them.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:39 PM
zachcrosen

Had mine installed on Thursday and took the car to the dyno, but DID NOT get to do any tuning. We think the CAS wire that I installed was screwing a lot of stuff up. Talked with Charles (phunk) and it sounds like a possioble defective CAS wire. I think the bad wire may have been causing stuff divert to the cam sensor wire or something like that. So hopefully I will get dyno numbers by mid week. BTW, my first run netted about 276 HP and AFRs in the mid 13s until 6k RPMs when it spiked to low 15s. Still have a little work to do to get the car running correctly. This damn car has been a nightmare to get power out of. If you remember my posts from Nov/Dec, I was only making 232HP with all mods but the SC!!!

Zach
Old 05-22-2005, 02:42 PM
SungNamZ

Thanks! VERY pleased! Thanks, to Ryan and Tripp at Speed Dreams for finally figuring out my issues with R4.
Old 05-22-2005, 02:48 PM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by SungNamZ
Thanks! VERY pleased! Thanks, to Ryan and Tripp at Speed Dreams for finally figuring out my issues with R4.
What kind of issues were they having with the R4 software. The shop doing my install was also having problems. It was not allowing them to add fuel to remedy my extreme lean condition. For some reason, the software was only showing 500 RPMs throughout my 2 pulls I got lat Thursday. Got any ideas??
Old 05-22-2005, 03:09 PM
SungNamZ

Zach, it took a while, but Ryan at Speed Dreams now knows R4. You might want to have your tuner call Ryan tomorrow at 505-883-8388. Giving your tuner the map values won't help, but OUTPUT SETTING might need correcting. Nothing we got from other sources help! It took him doing a lot of experimentation. You could also go back to my initial thread on page one and send him an e-mail to the link I provided.

Can't see why you can get close or exceed my numbers. Good Luck!

Ron

Last edited by SungNamZ; 05-22-2005 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-22-2005, 03:20 PM
zachcrosen

Originally Posted by SungNamZ
Zach, it took a while, but Ryan at Speed Dreams now knows R4. You might want to have your tuner call Ryan tomorrow at 505-883-8388. Giving your tuner the map values won't help, but OUTPUT SETTING might need correcting. Nothing we got from other sources help! It took him doing a lot of experimentation. You could also go back to my initial thread on page one and send him an e-mail to the link I provided.

Can't see why you can get close or exceed my numbers. Good Luck!

Ron
Thanks Ron. I will let my tuner know about Ryan and give them his number! I would love to see 400+ HP. BTW, do you have a 5AT or a 6MT?
Old 05-22-2005, 04:32 PM
SpeedDreamTuner

I'm not saying it doesn't make power, don't confuse that with what i'm saying. Just saying people shouldn't be looking at the peak numbers as the other one's were extremely high. It gains power, but does it gain enough to justify the cost? That's up to the person reading this.
Right, thats what I was saying. I'm of the opinion that peak numbers are irrelevant. I like to see gains throughout the range when I tune a car. The key is good safe power, safe air fuel, safe timing curves.

Last edited by SpeedDreamTuner; 05-22-2005 at 05:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Kinetix SSV IM "Dyno Numbers"