Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Kinetix SSV IM "Dyno Numbers"

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Lorca@Z1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SungNamZ
Zach, it took a while, but Ryan at Speed Dreams now knows R4. You might want to have your tuner call Ryan tomorrow at 505-883-8388. Giving your tuner the map values won't help, but OUTPUT SETTING might need correcting. Nothing we got from other sources help! It took him doing a lot of experimentation. You could also go back to my initial thread on page one and send him an e-mail to the link I provided.

Can't see why you can get close or exceed my numbers. Good Luck!

Ron
If Ryan had done a search on this forum he would have known what the R4 settings needed to be. There really is no reason to "experiment" to find the right settings when they are widely available. IF that is what is going on in Zach's case then his car has already been run very lean as a result.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:22 PM
350z fiend

Originally Posted by Lorca@Z1
If Ryan had done a search on this forum he would have known what the R4 settings needed to be. There really is no reason to "experiment" to find the right settings when they are widely available. IF that is what is going on in Zach's case then his car has already been run very lean as a result.
Is that kind of like how you guys blew Matthew's engine on the dyno after building it up for a whole year?
Old 05-22-2005, 05:49 PM
SpeedDreamTuner

Well i'm not sure what I did to you to provoke a post like that but ok

To answer your question, every one of the settings I had didn't work.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:01 PM
SungNamZ

Originally Posted by zachcrosen
Thanks Ron. I will let my tuner know about Ryan and give them his number! I would love to see 400+ HP. BTW, do you have a 5AT or a 6MT?
I have a 5AT with the TS "Limited Flash".
Old 05-22-2005, 07:05 PM
SungNamZ

I had provided Ryan and Speed Dreams in excess of four (4) individual R4 settings/maps to included, "output", "A/F" and "Timing". None, I repeat, none of those worked!
Old 05-22-2005, 07:56 PM
Barzten1

I'm giving Ryan my Z tomarrow with full faith in his abilities to add my SSV manifold and tune it. I've got over $26k in mods and can't wait to put it in his hands. Hey SpeedDreams....I'm gunna be there at 9:00....better bring some dounuts
Old 05-23-2005, 05:02 AM
jpc350z

Originally Posted by luanda
I understand that this type of intake design is going to inevitably mean a loss in torque but a net gain overall in horsepower at higher RPMS...simply its nature.

Looks like a great product, but that ain't for me - My Vortech already has enough HP skewed to the redline - want to compliment the Vortech characteristics not amplify them....and stay with the 2003-2004 engine (Nissan made similar intake and mapping adjustments to get to their 300HP rating i.e. less torque, higher peak HP) and a raised stock plenum (a la Crawford or spacer) and keep the extra torque down lower for a funner punchier feel for the daily drive.

...but that's just me - Nonetheless, my hats go off to Kinetix for the R&D they put in this piece...it will appeal to many.
Like wise I want to add some tq down low for the funner punchier ride. So if you look at the added tq gains between the V4 which I have and the SSV and if I did the arithmetic correctly at 4k we see a 5.5% increase, at 4.5k we see a 9% increase,at 5.0k we see a 10% increase and at 5.5k we see a 5% increase with an overall 8.4% increase over the V4..Altitude is not relevant since we compare at the same altitude but the temp difference between V4 and SSV could add some additional increase at the V4 temp..Is the delta worth the additional cost?
Old 05-23-2005, 05:37 AM
Lorca@Z1

Originally Posted by 350z fiend
Is that kind of like how you guys blew Matthew's engine on the dyno after building it up for a whole year?

LOL, 1st post? Are you affraid to post under your real screen name? Bad wastegate gasket = venting exhaust gas onto vacume hose = no wastegate = 25lb boost spike = boom

And for the record, all of Mathew's parts were not even here until late January / February so I wouldnt call that a whole year ... slow maybe, but 4 months does not equal a year.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:45 AM
Lorca@Z1

Originally Posted by SpeedDreamTuner
Well i'm not sure what I did to you to provoke a post like that but ok

To answer your question, every one of the settings I had didn't work.
**Moderator, please delete my prior post regrading R4 software**

My mistake, it seemed from SungNamZ post that the common 350Z R4 "output" settings were only found after "experimenting". Mine was a poorly worded post and I appologize for that.

Maybe you could post a screen shot of the output settings that you ended up using so others don't run itno this problem in the future?

Last edited by Lorca@Z1; 05-23-2005 at 06:03 AM.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:46 AM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After talking with the tuner at Avalon Racing they may have determined my problems with fuel. The tuner at Avalon said that the R4 has some tricky things to it which deals with the fuel. It turns out that something in the software was not allowing the aux fuel pump to turn on. They have done some road tuning and are seeing around 6 psi. They still have some dyno tuning to do which will hopefully be done this afternoon adn I can get the car tomorrow. BTW, my AFRs are now in the 10s instead of the high 13s-14s. I cant wait to get mine back. Damn, seeing all the Zs and Gs at ZDayz just made me want mine that much more.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:56 PM
chaparro78

Was your Vortech S/C tuned before you installed the new Kinetix Intake Manifold? Not that I don't believe you achieved an additional 80HP with it.
But good tuning will do a lot. Was just curious if you Vortech was tuned before hand and then retuned after the new Kinetix Intake was installed.

When I had my Vortech installed my tuner had my car at 410RWHP after tuning it. The initial dyno run was in the 370RWHP range if i remember correctly.

Last edited by chaparro78; 05-23-2005 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:01 AM
SungNamZ

Don't know if you are directing this question to me or Zach?

Yes, to the best of that particular tuners capability. Speed Dreams NOW has a tuner by the name of Ryan who is extremely GOOD. Wants to get it right. Give the car what it wants and will take, but be SAFE!
Old 05-24-2005, 04:34 AM
cjb80

When is the release date on this intake manifold, is there any info available on the web?

Chris
Old 05-24-2005, 05:14 AM
Lorca@Z1

Originally Posted by cjb80
When is the release date on this intake manifold, is there any info available on the web?

Chris
Chris,

I'll have some APS + Kinetix SSV dyno numbers for you next week
Old 05-24-2005, 06:40 AM
t32gzz

Lorca, if you can provide before and after it would help to ease our concerns. I hope you would not have to tune twice to do this, but let us know.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:49 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by chaparro78
Was your Vortech S/C tuned before you installed the new Kinetix Intake Manifold? Not that I don't believe you achieved an additional 80HP with it.
But good tuning will do a lot. Was just curious if you Vortech was tuned before hand and then retuned after the new Kinetix Intake was installed.
I had the same question. I think he was running the vortech with the out of the box tune when he installed the IM. Seeing how the vortech runs really rich out of the box maybe the IM leaned it up so much that he got a better tune without tuning. I would have liked to see the difference between his vortech tuned with the V4 and then retuned for the IM. That would be a better comparison.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:54 AM
Lorca@Z1

Originally Posted by t32gzz
Lorca, if you can provide before and after it would help to ease our concerns. I hope you would not have to tune twice to do this, but let us know.

Thats what I plan on doing so we can get a good idea of how the SSV affects A/F as well as power numbers. This will be done with the stock APS tune.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:34 AM
mcduck

If I read SungNamZ's response above correctly, he is saying that the car was tuned with the Kinetix V4 plenum, not retuned with the SSV prototype, but then retuned with the SSV final.

If that's correct, the graphs show the change between a tuned V4 setup to a nontuned SSV (prototype) and a tuned V4 setup to a tuned SSV (finished piece).

This makes sense to me as I doubt there is a substantial power difference between the prototype piece and the final product. I believe the differences there are primarily aesthetic, though someone from Kinetix can correct me if I'm wrong.

For the record, I ran my SSV on my car at ZDayZ all weekend and the car definitely feels stronger in the upper RPM range and is definitely louder (more throaty). Will be making a few more changes and going to tune in the next couple of weeks. Will post my dynos and full mod list when it is done.

BTW, at $700 GB price + $55 overnight shipping to have it in time for ZDayZ, I couldn't be happier with my purchase. Good job, Kinetix!!!
Old 05-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Gman2004

I recall that his dyno with the v4 was like 338whp. That can not be tuned and if it was something was f'ed up. The stock vortech with no other mods on the car will get you at least 330-350whp.

Last edited by Gman2004; 05-24-2005 at 08:41 AM.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:45 AM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got dyno numbers on my install, but I have not gotten the car or any charts or anythign yet. I ended up puting down 343 HP. I dont know the TQ numbers yet. I am kinda disappointed in these numbers but the guys said that was all they could get out of her with a safe tune. The problem I see is that the car was only building 6.1 psi of boost instead of the 8 psi that it is supposed to. They said the belts are tight so it cant be belt slippage. Does anyone know why I am only seeing 6.1 psi and not the 8 psi that I am supposed to? I think if I was hitting 8 psi, then I would be a lot closer to the 400 RWHP numbers I was shooting for.

Zach

Quick Reply: Kinetix SSV IM "Dyno Numbers"