Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Installed Power Enterprise TT kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 08:37 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on the sorona fenders - I heard the same, that's why I havent bought em. Guess I better wait on the hood till I hear your final verdict on fit.
Doesn't look like anything is higher than stock.. oem hood is np.
Good luck.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:41 AM
Rayden2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll let you know on the clearance of the hood when I'm done. If it doesn't clear my hood then I'm going to use a sledge hammer to clear the problem But I'll keep you updated. Youre on my buddy list now
Old 05-31-2005, 08:48 AM
gringott

Default Fix for hood clearance

I heard standing on any part of the hood that makes contact will push down the problem!

I'll do the same.

Next time I'm up there we wil have to arrange a meet for a beer or somthin.

Should be up in June or so.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:51 AM
Rayden2001

That'll be cool. Are you bringing the car?
Old 05-31-2005, 08:59 AM
gringott

Not going without it. Want to show off to my brother even more - he has a boxter and freaked at the Z stock - and was mad when my Kazera wheel and Conti tires were bigger than his. All he said after a 1 AM run down Ringwood Road after smoke and beers was "The G force!"
Old 05-31-2005, 03:45 PM
weslutes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only did the install of the kit. My friend had XS engineering install the water cooling lines to the turbos along with the HKSvpro and a bunch of coolers. I'd call XS to see what fitment pieces they used and where they tapped into the cooling system. It shouldn't cost too much $$ & it is definately a must. When you do your water lines, might as well get a new radiator with cool upgraded blue hoses to match everything.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:09 PM
gringott

When you do your water lines, might as well get a new radiator with cool upgraded blue hoses to match everything.

Hanahaha. The money just keeps flowing out.

The water lines seem like a real good idea. I have been under the car and it seems that it wouldn't be too difficult if I can find out the fittings needed.

I plan to add a oil cooler also, but am running out of places to put things.

Might need a fender strecher.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:28 PM
Rayden2001

Originally Posted by gringott
When you do your water lines, might as well get a new radiator with cool upgraded blue hoses to match everything.

Hanahaha. The money just keeps flowing out.

The water lines seem like a real good idea. I have been under the car and it seems that it wouldn't be too difficult if I can find out the fittings needed.

I plan to add a oil cooler also, but am running out of places to put things.

Might need a fender strecher.
Im getting the stillen oil cooler but its gonna be a b!tch to find a place to put it.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:34 PM
ReavTek

So how much does PE claim the Z will put down on stock boost? Also, did you install this on a stock (performance wise) Z?
Old 05-31-2005, 06:46 PM
Rayden2001

Originally Posted by ReavTek
So how much does PE claim the Z will put down on stock boost? Also, did you install this on a stock (performance wise) Z?
I think its 360 rwhp at 4.5lb boost. Not sure but I'll find out before I make any changes to the system. Maybe gringott did a dyno run.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:54 AM
gringott

No dyno yet. In the near future.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:03 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Recent DSport mag go about 330whp...IIRC at stock boost level. We are slowly finding that all the kits make roughly the same power....it really depends on boost level, additional mods, and the dyno used.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:10 AM
weslutes

My bad, he hasn't installed the water lines yet but XS says they'll do it when he replaces the manifolds with the cast ones he got a while ago. Do you have the cast manifolds? I'm sure anyone with mechanical skills could install the lines but I think you'll need to drop the turbos which can be time consuming.
The PE kit comes with a new oil pan, the oil pan should be enough cooling for where you are right now. I plan on getting the APS oil pan (which is similar to the PE) along with a oil cooler with some type of thermostat. If the oil is too cold, it will take for ever to get the oil pressure up & the engine could wear a little quicker. I drive my G everyday, so I want the ability to jump in & drive away rather than waiting for the oil to warm up for 10 min. I usually warm it up but sometimes I'm in a hurry.
I bought the Stillen oil cooler but took it back because I relized that I wont need it untill after my motor is built next month
Old 06-01-2005, 10:20 AM
gringott

I am looking at an oil cooler with thermostat setup, but would also like to run the water lines since they are availible. Does anyone know what model IHI turbo this kit is running? That would help in locating the correct connectors.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:30 PM
ReavTek

Originally Posted by gq_626
Recent DSport mag go about 330whp...IIRC at stock boost level. We are slowly finding that all the kits make roughly the same power....it really depends on boost level, additional mods, and the dyno used.
Would you recommend running the PE TT or really any other low boost kit on a stock motor? I really want to go FI without having to build my motor. If I run this kit on stock boost with no other mods will I be fine?
Old 06-01-2005, 07:43 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by ReavTek
Would you recommend running the PE TT or really any other low boost kit on a stock motor? I really want to go FI without having to build my motor. If I run this kit on stock boost with no other mods will I be fine?
staistically, theoretically, and realistically ....NO

address timing at the very least--pull some out
Old 06-01-2005, 07:50 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Wait...I just thought of something...

anyone who wants to run a twin turbo on their STOCK motor without addressing any of the other proven necessities (i know there are some lucky peeps out there who are still going-but few and far between)...you obviously want to get the "experience" of a having a turboed motor...

..and to fully get the "experience", you must appreciate every aspect of such given "experience"

..this idea of mine will save you hundreds...possible even close to a thousand dollars...

ready....

ok....buy your twin turbo kit....
now, don't install it...i will ship you my old blown motor, with the two windows in the block, with the two broken rods, with the obliterated pistons, with the chiselled heads...i will send you this motor at the low price of $600...shipped

you can then feel the pain and anguish of having a blown motor..but where you will save is on the buying a new motor (cause you have one-remember, you didn't install that turbo kit yet)...the expense of the labor to pull the motor, unistall the turbo kit, rebuild the new motor, re-install the turbo kit, re-install the motor...
...and not to mention all of the downtime!!!!

the wait is the worst, and my plan eliminates all of these headaches and costs!!!
do it right, don't cut corners..there are SEVERAL threads on HOW to do it right
------------------------
I finally figured it out

-you will have to send me back the blown motor once the "experience" is realized, my business venture must continue..and i only have one blown motor

Last edited by 350zDCalb; 06-01-2005 at 07:53 PM.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Rayden2001

I gotta get a blown motor first to get my built one
Old 06-01-2005, 08:43 PM
ReavTek

I see where you are coming from... However, after posting here for about a year I have come to a crossroads. I can go NA and hit 300rwhp with bolt-ons and mild cams; I can try to hit my goal of 325 rwhp NA by dropping in really aggressive cams and have to do some internals; or I can get a really low boost SC or Turbo (Single Turbo seems like the best for my goal) and run on a stock motor. I wouldn't mind buying a few extras (1-2k worth) as preventive items but I dont want a fully built motor. My goal, the point I never wish to go over, is 325-350rwhp on 93 octane. I would be perfectly happy with 325rwhp and this is what I was really shooting for with my NA plan. But, if it can be done with boost I would love to accomplish it that way.

I will try to do some research this weekend on all the kits so I can add some informed insights on this debate. But, let me make it clear that I am far away from even buying a kit yet. I have about $500 saved towards a boost setup and about $6500 more to go... Kits I am interested in:

HKS Supercharger
JWT Turbo
APS Single Turbo

Any more opinions or insights are greatly appreciated. And Sharif I will be bugging you this weekend!