Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

eManage Ulimate--Almost here..and MUCH IMPROVED!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IceY2K1Max
Sharif,

It would be easy to fab a temp WB02 input harness, it's only 3-wires, so you could use trial and error.
Very good point, and one I was going to check into during the testing.

From everything I understand about the AF Harness, is it almost identical to the pressure sensor harness. So we could supply standard pressure sensor harnesses, and cut/wire them up to a wideband. It should work.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:35 AM
IceY2K1Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly, I'd use the Profec e01 to eManage(Blue) pressure sensor harness.

All you do is measure which is +12V, ground, and 0-5V signal off your BLUE and it will be the same on the Ultimate.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:04 PM
ken350z

I'll get in on this also (if it's not too late) if it will improve N/A performace. What am I looking for, finer tuning of A/F and timing?

Should I get higher hp & tq now and be better setup for FI later?
Old 07-17-2005, 06:13 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by ken350z
I'll get in on this also (if it's not too late) if it will improve N/A performace. What am I looking for, finer tuning of A/F and timing?

Should I get higher hp & tq now and be better setup for FI later?
Sure, still working on the wiring. There are LOTS more wires to work with. Great fun...but doing this on the AutoSport harness is about 10,000 times easier than doing it to the main harness. I am actually watching TV, and playing with my wires as I am typing this.

Go ahead and sign up and order.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:16 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also read on the Greddy site that this will have an output to a toggle switch that will allow you to switch between two diffrent maps, like "race" and "daily driver"

Does this mean it will only hold 2 maps? or you can choose 2 of the 5 or 6 it can hold. thanks!
Old 07-17-2005, 10:20 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by XBS
I also read on the Greddy site that this will have an output to a toggle switch that will allow you to switch between two diffrent maps, like "race" and "daily driver"

Does this mean it will only hold 2 maps? or you can choose 2 of the 5 or 6 it can hold. thanks!
It can only store one of each map on the emanage. (well, the emanage, not sure if the ultimate will store more) However, if you want more than one set of settings, you could save it to a laptop and just upload it when you want to use that setting. I've discussed this with Sharif and Shawn@Street Sports and confirmed. Like I said, some things may be different with the EU though.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:43 PM
XBS
Veteran

Yea this is a new feature on the Ultimate heres the qoute from the Greddy site under eltroncis>emange ultimate

" The ability to switch between 2 preset tuning Maps (i.e. Street or Race program) via externally mounted toggle switches. "
Old 07-17-2005, 11:46 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

^^Correct^^^ You can switch maps without using an e-01 or laptop.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:10 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by XBS
" The ability to switch between 2 preset tuning Maps (i.e. Street or Race program) via externally mounted toggle switches. "
can the toggle switches control my gydrolics as well? i like to 3 wheel motion when i'm making 500horse and be able to switch between 2 fuel maps...all at the same time, while singing yankee doodle
Old 07-18-2005, 06:33 AM
ken350z

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Sure, still working on the wiring. There are LOTS more wires to work with. Great fun...but doing this on the AutoSport harness is about 10,000 times easier than doing it to the main harness. I am actually watching TV, and playing with my wires as I am typing this.

Go ahead and sign up and order.
Will I see gains N/A? What are the benifits? This seems to be a subject that nobody wants to talk about. I know its the FI section but this is where we're discussing the EU.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:21 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Will I see gains N/A? What are the benifits? This seems to be a subject that nobody wants to talk about. I know its the FI section but this is where we're discussing the EU.
Exactly my question too but I'll have to answer that question myself. And won't know untill I try.

I suppose it will offer NA gains but there is a good possibility the gains will be marginal under normal circumstances. My hope is that by being able to switch between 2 different maps, one map can be optimized for 91 octane street gas and another map optimized for 100 octane race gas at the track.

I am hoping more tangible NA gains can be realized with 100 octane race gas or possibly other high alcohol content fuels. ...We will see....

At least now this opens the option for optimizing to fuel chemistry.

BTW... Sharif,
Can this toggle switch be replaced by a relay? Is the map switching instantaneous?

Last edited by Hydrazine; 07-18-2005 at 07:30 AM.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:51 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Exactly my question too but I'll have to answer that question myself. And won't know untill I try.

I suppose it will offer NA gains but there is a good possibility the gains will be marginal under normal circumstances. My hope is that by being able to switch between 2 different maps, one map can be optimized for 91 octane street gas and another map optimized for 100 octane race gas at the track.

I am hoping more tangible NA gains can be realized with 100 octane race gas or possibly other high alcohol content fuels. ...We will see....

At least now this opens the option for optimizing to fuel chemistry.

BTW... Sharif,
Can this toggle switch be replaced by a relay? Is the map switching instantaneous?

I think Tony is right on here. The timing is likey as advanced as you would want for N/A use on 91 octane fuel. With race fuel, you can advance timing significantly, and gain more power.

Tony, yes, you can setup a toggle switch, and the changes are instantaneous. No shutdown is needed.

Almost done with the wiring guys.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:24 AM
ken350z

I don't know much about this so if I ask dumb questions keep that in mind.

I seems to me that the EU can do at least as much as the Technisquare or unichip mods for N/A. So shouldn't it be a better choice?

Any way to blow things up by tweaking the settings?
Old 07-18-2005, 08:39 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I don't know much about this so if I ask dumb questions keep that in mind.

I seems to me that the EU can do at least as much as the Technisquare or unichip mods for N/A. So shouldn't it be a better choice?

Any way to blow things up by tweaking the settings?

You definately can blow up your car if you dont tune it properly, regardless of which tuning platform you choose. The EU isnt a magic bullet, just a much better tuning device than the blue. The Unichip is not bad, but I like the EU better becuase the Unichip doesnt drive the coils or injectors, and does MAF adjustment instead. It is also limited to Unichip authorized tuners, which are oftentimes hard to find. The TS reflash or other ECU reflash has its place as well. There are a lot of good tuning options out there now. Sometimes its a matter of combining certain things...such as an L-Spec ECU reflash, with an EU setup. Or in the case of the Turbonetics kit, you do a reflashed ECU, and then fine tune with the EU.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:09 PM
XBS
Veteran

Thats what i believe i will be doing having Technosquare reflash my ECU for an 9lb greddy map that is very conservative ( rich!! ) i dont want this map to be a performance map but more of a safety map incase the emange ultimate for some reason doesnt do its just and it goes back to the stock maps it will be rich instead of detonating! any opinions? thanks!

-George
Old 07-18-2005, 12:16 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by XBS
Thats what i believe i will be doing having Technosquare reflash my ECU for an 9lb greddy map that is very conservative ( rich!! ) i dont want this map to be a performance map but more of a safety map incase the emange ultimate for some reason doesnt do its just and it goes back to the stock maps it will be rich instead of detonating! any opinions? thanks!

-George

Not a bad idea. With reflashes, the EU becomes a fine tuning device, and always has a known good ECU map to fall back on.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:41 PM
ken350z

I'll try just one more time.

I've often heard here in this forum that geting the EGU reflashed by Technisquare or Unichip will give me significant gains N/A. 20hp? Something to do with the A/F ratio?

Would the eManage Ultimate be a better choice to do this by allowing finer tuning?
Old 07-18-2005, 02:06 PM
the7ferret

+1
Im on the Fence with this...
Seems like a godsend for FI but us N/A guys want to know if its worth spending $600 to adust our a/f ratios.

I mean just look at mine.
https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-drivetrain/127890-went-to-dyno.html
Shouldn't the a/f ratio be as flat as possible..
Could a Blue/ Ultimate emanage fix this?
Which is better for N/A?
Old 07-18-2005, 02:23 PM
XBS
Veteran

No to be rude but this thread is in the forced induction sections. Which is probally why no one is answering your questions, but i'll try.

With a reflash or E-mange in an N/A setup you can advance the timing and lean out the a/f ratio which will produce more power ( about 20 whp ) depening on what mods you have, this will also help you take advantage of your current or future mods. in an F/I setup you do the complete opposite because you want your a/f ratio to be around 12:1 and you retard your timing.

hope this helps

-George

Edit: BTW: i have a blue emanage for sale

Last edited by XBS; 07-18-2005 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:50 PM
ken350z

YES! That does help. Thanks

Quick Reply: eManage Ulimate--Almost here..and MUCH IMPROVED!