Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

eManage Ulimate--Almost here..and MUCH IMPROVED!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 01:08 PM
John at J&S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's assuming that the 1k's are actualy in the ignition driver circuit. Maybe IceY2K can use his beeper to see if one side of them are connected to the ignition output pins.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:02 PM
IceY2K1Max

John,

I would, but those pictures are not mine...they're from the site I linked previously to your thread. However, I'll ask the owner.

Originally Posted by John at J&S
That's assuming that the 1k's are actualy in the ignition driver circuit. Maybe IceY2K can use his beeper to see if one side of them are connected to the ignition output pins.
Old 07-19-2005, 04:59 PM
ken350z

The uController doesn't look familar. Might be a custom or re-labeled.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:40 PM
John at J&S

Both boxes use Hitachi H8 processors. The one in the new box has more pins, though.

old: http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/pho...s/DSC02989.JPG

The Alterra chip is a field programmable gate array (FPGA). It lets you create custom logic on a chip.

They did some serious redesign on this unit.

Last edited by John at J&S; 07-19-2005 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:48 PM
zzzya

Hows the testing going Sharif? Any word on the various features that seem to be working or not working? Hopefully the tuning went so well that you gained a bunch of HP/TQ and your out having a blast driving the car
Old 07-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm anxious for positive results too but we need to give him some time.

At best, Sharif is sitting in the car with the instruction manual in one hand trying to figure everything out. With the other hand on his lap top programming in a myriad of different settings...
Between this and his regular work he needs at least a week to play around with it. We gotta sit and wait!
Old 07-19-2005, 09:19 PM
AmyCroft

Default Ultimate - Looks like the hot Set-up - Extra Wire Loom Cost?

Hey GQ_626

What is the cost for the Wire Loom that you can target the A/F ratio?
Other part's required?

Inquiring minds want to know..

John from J&S seems to Confirm a rework from the Blue unit.

Cheers Amy -
Old 07-20-2005, 05:46 AM
fito

Iam going to have a heart attack!
Old 07-20-2005, 12:23 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
I'm anxious for positive results too but we need to give him some time.

At best, Sharif is sitting in the car with the instruction manual in one hand trying to figure everything out. With the other hand on his lap top programming in a myriad of different settings...
Between this and his regular work he needs at least a week to play around with it. We gotta sit and wait!

LOL....Tony hit it on the head. I am actually wireless right now...sitting in the car with the laptop. I completely rewired the engine ECU due to the previous install mess...that took about 4 hours. Last night, I finished wire up the AutoSport patch harness to the EU Complete Harness. Just started up the car....ITS ALIVE!

I am sorting through the myriad of setup values, tables, maps, etc...right now...so that you guys dont have to. And to top it off, its about 95 degrees and 90% humidity..I am sweating like bullets.

I am running the engine without diodes on the output wires...so far no blown coils.

I will have more updates shortly. But yes. the software is amazing, and this unit is going to do just about everything promised.

The A/F harness is nearly identical to the pressure harness, so if the A/F harness is still pending in the USA, you can buy another pressure sensor harness and adapt it easily for a/f.

Thanks for being patient.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:37 PM
lucidazn

When I get results back, I'll place my order. Looks promising!
Old 07-21-2005, 12:31 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Hi everyone...another quick update for Thurs!

Well, the EU is fully wired up, and the car is running on it. However, there is a very rough idle, and some hesitation at lower RPM. All the wiring has been checked three times, and I isolated all of the possible causes, such as MAF signal, ignition harness, etc. (Thanks to John and J&S for some help in this matter). When I bypass the eManage entirely, the car starts and idles like stock, so I know its not something mechanical, or electrical on the OEM side of this equation.

I have requested the assistance of Greddy USA. They have also installed an EU on their company Greddy Blue 350Z TT, and are encountering the same rough idle issue. So I feel I am in good company. They have contacted Greddy Japan for assistance, as Greddy Japan has run success running the Z33 with the EU.

I should have a resolution in about 3 days, but wanted to keep you all updated. It might be somthing as simple as a dip switch setting change, or a slightly different wiring technique.

More to follow shortly.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

OK! Wiring and testing is complete...car is running just fine!! Over the weekend, I will be posting a list of all the features that current work, those that don't, and a couple that are pending. Special thanks to Greddy USA and Greddy Japan for their assistance.

After everyone has a few days to review, we'll start shipping out units, and harnesses to those that have pre-ordered. And for those that have been sitting on the fence, you'll have a few days to review the results, and decide if the EU is right for you!

Stay tuned...you are going to like the EU even more now.

Last edited by Sharif@Forged; 07-22-2005 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:32 PM
lucidazn

Awesome news, how did you fix the rough idle?
Old 07-22-2005, 08:36 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by lucidazn
Awesome news, how did you fix the rough idle?
+1

What was the cause and what was the solution?

Do all the advertised funtions work as expected?
Old 07-22-2005, 08:59 PM
zzzya

I really hope the main functions for NA tuning work like the ability to advance timing and A/F targeting. I just received my 5th TS reflash and the car is still running way to rich above 4.5k. I know there is more HP/TQ to be had and it is really starting to drive me crazy!!!
Old 07-22-2005, 11:25 PM
ADMAN

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

12 pages and, and, and...
Oh, you're killing me!!!

Waiting... Impatiently...
Old 07-23-2005, 03:58 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Originally Posted by zzzya
I really hope the main functions for NA tuning work like the ability to advance timing and A/F targeting. I just received my 5th TS reflash and the car is still running way to rich above 4.5k. I know there is more HP/TQ to be had and it is really starting to drive me crazy!!!
LOL that is so true. If the EU does everything as expected not only its going to be a great alternative to a reflash(for many reasons). ...It may bring out new limits for NA power and TQ curves.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:25 AM
Rapheal

I already put my mind "I'm going stand alone", but this EU sounds promising

Last edited by Rapheal; 07-23-2005 at 04:28 AM.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:22 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

LOL...sorry for the delay guys.

To solve the rough idle, I upgraded firmware to version 1.05 (which I will send to anyone that wants it), and I also corrected one improper dip switch setting. When you get your units. You will see there are 6 dip switches for the injectors, plus one "extra" switch that also needs to be set to the "open"position. After doing that, the car runs perfectly. I even noticed that the car idles better than the blue eManage, probably due the injectors being scaled via IPW reduction, rather than MAF conditioning.

Ok, now for the review. Couple of points to keep in mind.
Many of the features have been tested by me, but others have not. In collaboration with Greddy USA, here is a review of the EU Features, and their current functionality on the VQ35. Kenji has an EU installed on their Blue Greddy 350Z, and I've had extensive conversations with him, to help confirm some of the functions, that I was not able to test....either due to time or physical constraints. ie....I cant test the speed limiter disable function.

Background notes:

THe EU has been tested by Greddy Japan, Greddy USA, and myself, and at last we can confirm that diodes are not needed on the ignition harness output wires. They have used completely new ignition and injector drivers, and this has solved the problem of the blown coils.

Wiring up the EU is relateveily straightforward. There are still a few wires I havent connected becuase for the life of me, I couldnt find the pin locations for water temp, and a few other things. Easiest way to wire it up, by far, is to use the AutoSport patch harness, and have the Greddy TT instruction manual in hand, referencing the pages that speak to the old eManage blue wiring. Some of the main wiring is identical, and the ECU pin locations will make it easy to wire up the Emanage Ultimate. Pay close attention to the order/pin location of Injector 1-6 which corrospond to Channel 1-6 on the EU. Same thing applies to the ingnition wires, as channel order is now critical for the EU to work properly, and allow for individual cylinder adjustments of fuel and timing. I used the EU Complete Harness for this application, as I wanted to completely remove the old eManage wiring mess that was left by a previous installer. If you have the eManage blue wired to your satisfaction, you can just get the Supplemental Harness. But you will need to verify that your emanage blue timing harness is properly matched by channel...ie...Channel 1 ignition needs to be matched to Ignition Coil Wire #1.

So here we go:

Airflow Adjustment map..ie..MAF corrections: YES
Boost Limter Cut (MAF voltage clamp) YES
Anti Engine Stalling setting: YES
Ignition Timing retard: YES
Ignition Timing Retard by Individual Cyclinder: YES
Fuel Enrichment and decrease via Injector adjustment: YES
Fuel enrichment and decrease by individual cylinder: YES
Ignition Timing advance: Not yet...Greddy Japan is working on a fix, becuase the EU is having trouble picking up up the crank and cam angle signals from the ECU. This will be resolved very shortly, according to Greddy.
A/F Target mapping/tuning: YES. Right now, the A/F harness is not avail, so you can purchase another pressure sensor harness, and wire up the A/F input to that cable instead. There are two ports on the eManage. One of which I would suggest using for the pressure sensor input, and the second port can be used for the A/F input. The ports are assignable in the software, so you can set them up however you wish.
Vehicle Speed Inputs and corrections: YES...with this feature, you can correct your mapping by speed input as well.
Water Temp Adjustment map: YES....mapping can be adjusted or corrected for coolant temp...nice touch.
Intake Temp Adjustment Map: Maybe....if someone can find a way to pull the temp out of the MAF signal, or maybe there is some other wire to tap?? This one stumped me, but with an intake temp input, this function will work just fine.
Idle Adjustment Setting: I THINK this will work. It has some adjustments for throttle position correction....havent fully tested it, but look promising:
Vehicle Speed adjustment map: YES...in this area, you can correct speed signal input/output to calibrate your speedo for larger wheels and tires. Can also be used to eliminate speed cut. Can someone tell me what pin location the speed sensor signal is located at??

OK, thats the highlights. Any questions.

The one thing still pending is the darn crank angle signal. As mentioned, as soon as we get the EU to recognize RPM via this signal, then real time timing can be displayed, and actual timing can be set. Sounds like a fix is very close. Currently, the EU is picking up the RPM signal off the ignition wires, without the use of an RPM adaptor...thank God for that!

Last edited by Sharif@Forged; 07-23-2005 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-23-2005, 10:58 AM
ADMAN

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

So, you you say then...

This is a great unit to get with a GReddy TT Kit??? I'm thinking about getting one without ever hooking up the Blue eManage and using the new harness straight out of the box instead. But, I don't know if Brainstorm has messed around with tuning these yet. I have to wait till Monday to call Chris.

Again: Would you guys/girls pick GReddy TT Kit + eManage Ultimate over APS TT Kit with Unichip???

Standing on the fence with cash in hand...
(Pointer on ADD TO CART on your web site)

Quick Reply: eManage Ulimate--Almost here..and MUCH IMPROVED!