Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

eManage Ulimate--Almost here..and MUCH IMPROVED!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 11:03 AM
the7ferret

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IS the emanage easy enough to use so that you can tune yourself or do you need to have it be dyno duned by professionals?
Old 07-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, you you say then...

This is a great unit to get with a GReddy TT Kit??? I'm thinking about getting one without ever hooking up the Blue eManage and using the new harness straight out of the box instead. But, I don't know if Brainstorm has messed around with tuning these yet. I have to wait till Monday to call Chris.

Again: Would you guys/girls pick GReddy TT Kit + eManage Ultimate over APS TT Kit with Unichip???

Standing on the fence with cash in hand...
(Pointer on ADD TO CART on your web site)
That is a great idea. You can always sell the blue eManage on EBAY or the forums to recoup some of that.

Ask Brianstrom or other eManage tuners in your area..on how comfortable they feel tuning this. Just remember that the Greddy kit needs some extras to make it safe at the power levels you are looking for....such as a complete fuel system. So if you are still looking for something this complete and safe out of the box, the APS kit would be the way to go. Nice talking with you yesterday.

IS the emanage easy enough to use so that you can tune yourself or do you need to have it be dyno duned by professionals?
Well, the EU is a more powerful setup, with far more tuning parameters to play with. Tuning should always be done by a professional, or someone with a lot of experience tuning the VQ motor. That said, if you have the time, patiences, and stamina, to learn how to tune your own car, then by all means, I encourage it. But just remember that your motor can be easily damaged with improper tuning, and the EU, or any ECU for that matter...doesnt protect you from this.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:16 PM
the7ferret

Im the kind of guy that would want to learn how to do it.

I always like the saying you can give a man a fish to eat for a day, or teach him how to fish to eat for a lifetime.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:41 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow this is great, hopefully everything will get sorted out soon, I will probally be using this EU and not even install the blue emanage, hopefully the RPM signal will be able to be picked up from the CAS soon.

P.S. When you start to ship these im also going to need a walbro fuel pump thanks Sharif!

-George
Old 07-23-2005, 12:56 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by XBS
Wow this is great, hopefully everything will get sorted out soon, I will probally be using this EU and not even install the blue emanage, hopefully the RPM signal will be able to be picked up from the CAS soon.

P.S. When you start to ship these im also going to need a walbro fuel pump thanks Sharif!

-George
Sounds good. Can you place the order for the pump through the website? And in the comments section...put "add to EU GB order" or else I might forget.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:35 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No Problem
Old 07-23-2005, 04:13 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

sharif

great news...very exciting...am anxiously waiting for more updates
Old 07-23-2005, 04:48 PM
IceY2K1Max

Sounds like the infamous crank/cam signal issue others have had trying to get the AEM EMS and Perfect Power SMT6 to work on the VQs.

I hope Greddy can come up with something.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:06 PM
98seblackmax

Originally Posted by IceY2K1Max
Sounds like the infamous crank/cam signal issue others have had trying to get the AEM EMS and Perfect Power SMT6 to work on the VQs.

I hope Greddy can come up with something.
Ive been following this thread to see how the Greddy EU works on the Zs.

I would just like to add with the SMT-6 on my car ('96 Maxima) the crank reading is no longer a problem. With the help of an electrical engineer at work we figured out the problem, so don't say crank signal is a problem on all VQs.

As far as using a SMT-6/7 on a VQ35 I doubt it will ever work right. The cam signal is to complicated and changes with the CVTCs function. Looks like Nissan worked with Greddy so there shouldn't be any problems with the software. However if the crank/cam signals are riddled with noise like my Maxima's are, you may need an RF filter on those lines. Just a suggestion from a fellow VQ piggyback installer.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:31 PM
ADMAN

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

May I have another fish, Sir???
Old 07-23-2005, 05:46 PM
zzzya

So for us NA guys who want A/F fine tuning and timing advance capabilites, this solution isn't quite ready. @%#$!@%#@$%@%$@^%@#$^@, just a little frustrated at the moment. It is starting to suck that in NA form, I can't get the car tuned properly, but if I had FI I could have it done easily. I still don't understand why after 5 reflashes and A/F graphs TS can't seem to get my A/F ratio away from 11.8-12.2 from 4500rpms on up to redline.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:42 PM
the7ferret

Originally Posted by ADMAN
May I have another fish, Sir???
lazy a$$
Old 07-23-2005, 08:08 PM
lucidazn

What are the shipping times for the unit if you are on the GB and just recently placed your order?
Old 07-24-2005, 02:49 AM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

Originally Posted by zzzya
So for us NA guys who want A/F fine tuning and timing advance capabilites, this solution isn't quite ready. @%#$!@%#@$%@%$@^%@#$^@, just a little frustrated at the moment. It is starting to suck that in NA form, I can't get the car tuned properly, but if I had FI I could have it done easily. I still don't understand why after 5 reflashes and A/F graphs TS can't seem to get my A/F ratio away from 11.8-12.2 from 4500rpms on up to redline.
+1 I would jump on this too if I knew I could benefit from it N/A, but Im still wanting to go F/I in the future..any word?
Old 07-24-2005, 09:10 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by lucidazn
What are the shipping times for the unit if you are on the GB and just recently placed your order?

Here is how this will work. I am hoping that Greddy has the crank signal issue sorted out this week. Either way, the F/I guys should still be intereted, since they typically only need to reduce timing, rather than advance it.

At this point, the only feature that doest work, is the timing advance function. Everything else seems functional. The A/F fine tuning is fully functional.

Without further objection, I will be begin shipping out the units on Friday, which will give people enough time to digest the findings, and make any changes needed.

Does this seem OK?
Old 07-24-2005, 09:15 AM
Badmonkey

You can ship mine, now. I am ready to redo all the original emanage wiring mess.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:19 PM
MardiGrasMax

Does the rev limiter cut work so we can rev past the ECU cut point?
Old 07-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Badmonkey_1
You can ship mine, now. I am ready to redo all the original emanage wiring mess.

Got it. Our stocking inventory will be here on Thurs....so I'll be shipping everything out of the EOW.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:41 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by MardiGrasMax
Does the rev limiter cut work so we can rev past the ECU cut point?
I havent tested this out either. My ECU has a 7100rpm rev limit via ECU reflash, and I havent tried this function yet.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I am not sure if this has been discussed yet, so I wanted to make sure I clarified something.

The current e-01 is not compatible with the EU. The e-01 cannot communicate with the EU, and so programming and datalogging will not be avail with the e-01. However, you CAN use the pressure sensor included with the e-01, along with the optional pressure sensor harness. This will allows the EU to see this pressure signal, and you can tune with it. It connects from the e-01 brain to the EU. And of course, the e-01 will still function as a boost controller, as it normally would.

My guess is that Greddy will introduce an e-01 Ultimate...maybe with a color screen, and all kinds of cool features.

Quick Reply: eManage Ulimate--Almost here..and MUCH IMPROVED!