Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

eManage Ulimate--Almost here..and MUCH IMPROVED!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 02:34 AM
punish_her

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just splice into the white wire and provide a ground?
Old 09-16-2005, 05:27 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, you will need a pressure sensor, and harnesses, since you are running forced induction on your car. Dip switches should remain in the factory position, unless you have some specific need to change them. THe switches on the front panel dont do anything, unless you set them up in the parameters section on the software.

You need to wire everything up to check for firwares and the like.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:45 AM
Badmonkey

Originally Posted by punish_her
just splice into the white wire and provide a ground?
You don't need a ground, the white wire is the data wire. Just hook up your analog output from your wideband to the white wire and put in the proper parameters in the software. I have the Innovate LC-1 and it works well.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:53 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by Badmonkey
You don't need a ground, the white wire is the data wire. Just hook up your analog output from your wideband to the white wire and put in the proper parameters in the software. I have the Innovate LC-1 and it works well.
just hooked up the innovative gauge myself (xd-1 and lc-1)...the manual calls for the yellow wire being analog 1 input...

as far as the aem gauge (had hooked up), that one is the white wire
Old 09-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Badmonkey

The yellow wire from the Innovate to the white wire on the pressure sensor harness, which is the input to the EU.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:02 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

The yellow wire from the Innovate to the white wire on the pressure sensor harness, which is the input to the EU.
got it...you are correct, sorry, i misread
Old 09-27-2005, 06:50 AM
DandyMax

Just a heads up guys.. firmware version 1.08c has been released. Mohdparts has it as usual...
Old 09-27-2005, 07:07 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by DandyMax
Just a heads up guys.. firmware version 1.08c has been released. Mohdparts has it as usual...
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:07 AM
av6

Nice going, the new soft/firmware is up v. 1.08 (mohdparts.com)

Have some questions? Got used EU from different car. All jumpers are different and dip switches set to OFF. Do we set the jumpers to factory settings as specified in page 6 in Installation Manual. And what are the factory settings on Dip switches (front panel). I understand they can be modified using software, however what were the factory settings - OFF or ON?

Also on Installation Manual:
Page 11 - Connector C
31- says Analog (V) Input
37- Analog (V) Output

But, Page 19 (on top) diagram says the other way around.
So, which one is correct?
Old 09-27-2005, 07:10 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by av6
Nice going, the new soft/firmware is up v. 1.08 (mohdparts.com)

Have some questions? Got used EU from different car. All jumpers are different and dip switches set to OFF. Do we set the jumpers to factory settings as specified in page 6 in Installation Manual. And what are the factory settings on Dip switches (front panel). I understand they can be modified using software, however what were the factory settings - OFF or ON?

Also on Installation Manual:
Page 11 - Connector C
31- says Analog (V) Input
37- Analog (V) Output

But, Page 19 (on top) diagram says the other way around.
So, which one is correct?
Use page 11....the diagrams in the back are incorrect.

The switchs on the front can be in any position you want, since they are deactivated until you decide to set them up with the software.

For the jumpers inside the unit, you will need to set all of the them to the factory default position as specified in the EU installation manaual. For anyone installing an EU, its a good idea to double check they are all all in the factory default positions.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:13 AM
av6

Thanks Sharif. Any idea also on my PM yesterday (buddy car)?
Old 09-27-2005, 07:46 AM
av6

Thanks, Gracias, Grazie, Danke, Merci, Dzienkue Barzo, Spasibo
Old 09-27-2005, 08:09 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by av6
Thanks Sharif. Any idea also on my PM yesterday (buddy car)?
NP..PM sent.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:45 AM
punish_her

I finally got my emange up, one some questions though.

The unit is not picking up my CAS, the cam pos sensors are not hooked up. What may be the cause?

Where does every one have there EU mounted? I'm thinking on the lower portion just to the right of the 12v plug, kinda curved there... Suggestions. Sharif I'll give you a call about all the PMed stuff for the A/F and boost control.

Last edited by punish_her; 10-03-2005 at 01:48 AM. Reason: took the "P" out of mounted
Old 10-03-2005, 05:36 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Punish her, did you download the upgraded firware? It wont picked the CAS signal unless you have done this, and also you need to change the RPM pickup to "crank angle sensor" in the vehicle parameters screen.

Give that a try.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:26 PM
folex187

Hello, I joined this forum specificaly for the UE. This forum has the most help for the UE of any place I found on the net thus far... Ok, now a question: You have inj and ign maps 1 and 2. What happens if there are conflicting values between these maps and they are both turned on? The reason I ask is that when my car was tuned, both maps were filled in with different values and they were both set to "on" via the jumpers on the front. When I turn one of them off my car leans out like crazy. Any thoughts?
Old 10-05-2005, 03:36 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

can somebody help me here

so i had a hell of a time getting the innovate wideband to datalog on the EU,but finally had it working perfectly...then this morning, I went to dyno my car and fine tune the setup..and the A/F signal is not registering...just stuck on 7:1 A/F....i checked all of the wires, even tried connecting the anaolg 2 output to the EU to see if it would work, alos, no such luck....i even tested hooking up the analog output to mmy profec e-01, to see if it would register there, no dice

any ideas...? geatly appreciated! maybe a setting in the lc-1/xd-1 is off? what do you think?

THX
TODD
Old 10-05-2005, 05:21 PM
Badmonkey

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
can somebody help me here

so i had a hell of a time getting the innovate wideband to datalog on the EU,but finally had it working perfectly...then this morning, I went to dyno my car and fine tune the setup..and the A/F signal is not registering...just stuck on 7:1 A/F....i checked all of the wires, even tried connecting the anaolg 2 output to the EU to see if it would work, alos, no such luck....i even tested hooking up the analog output to mmy profec e-01, to see if it would register there, no dice

any ideas...? geatly appreciated! maybe a setting in the lc-1/xd-1 is off? what do you think?

THX
TODD
Check the data fields in the LC-1 programmer for your analog out. I would set the fields to 0 and 5, then at idle you should see somewhere around 2.35 volts. You should check the output wire with a multimeter while it is not connected to the EU.

Is your XD-1 reading correctly?
Old 10-05-2005, 05:55 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Check the data fields in the LC-1 programmer for your analog out. I would set the fields to 0 and 5, then at idle you should see somewhere around 2.35 volts. You should check the output wire with a multimeter while it is not connected to the EU.

Is your XD-1 reading correctly?
xd-1 is reading fine... the only thing i did between last night and this morning was sleep...nothing has been changed, the eu won't regiuster any type of signal/imput from the lc-1...
please elaborate on the multimeter, u mean check with a volt meter, so connect say the red wire from the volt meter to the analog out and the black wire from the voltmeter to?...can do this to measure if there is a signal coming out of the yellow lc-1 wire?.... wonder what changed? didn't touch any settings in the xd-1/lc-1/EU

THX

TODD
Old 10-05-2005, 06:42 PM
Badmonkey

Yes, connect the red lead from the multimeter to the yellow output from the LC-1 and the black lead to a chassis ground. This will tell you if it is your output from the LC-1 or the Emanage Ultimate that is giving you problems.

Quick Reply: eManage Ulimate--Almost here..and MUCH IMPROVED!