Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

eManage Ulimate--Almost here..and MUCH IMPROVED!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 05:47 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by folex187
Here's another question to the people who have been running this for awhile:
Vehicle Speed Map- Anyone had success with it? It is intended to correct load problems. For instance, if your car was tuned for lets say 4th gear you might run rich in the low gears and lean in 5 or 6. The Speed map allows you to compensate for this.
I would like to use the A/F target map to adjust the Speed map for a "complete" tune. Any thoughts on this idea?

Yes it can do this, but we're having trouble finding a suitable ECU speed signal wire, that we can input and output through the EU.
Old 10-14-2005, 08:38 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost coolant temp signal--any ideas????

my EU would display coolant temp on the datalogger...yesterday, after putting in a koyo radiator, i went to start my car and datalog and the coolant temp wasn't displayed on the datalogger...so, i went into the checklist and checked water temp..it pulled it up on the datalogger, but it acts like there is no signal????
any ideas????

THX
Old 10-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I would try looking up the temp sensor harness location in the service manual.
Its probably something as simple as a disconnected harness.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:55 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
I would try looking up the temp sensor harness location in the service manual.
Its probably something as simple as a disconnected harness.

wouldnt that be the same wire that controls the oem water temp gauge on the dash?. cause that one works fine, just no signal for EU....

as far as i know, wires are still intact (dont want to go under dash, waiting to see if anybody has imput on some sort of setting that ay have changes, software wise, not physical wiring issue??)
Old 10-15-2005, 02:54 PM
KTaylor

Sorry if this is a repost but I am looking into to getting the EU and Profec E-01 and heard that these two are not compatible. Is this true? Thanks
Old 10-15-2005, 03:00 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by KTaylor
Sorry if this is a repost but I am looking into to getting the EU and Profec E-01 and heard that these two are not compatible. Is this true? Thanks

true, the profec e-01 will not work with the EU....get the EU and talk to sharif about what Blitz has to offer as far as boost controllers
Old 10-15-2005, 03:10 PM
KTaylor

ok thanks. I also heard that greddy might be coming out with a new version that would work with the EU. if thats true i might wait a little. Do u kno anything bout that?
Old 10-16-2005, 02:28 PM
roncfpz

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
true, the profec e-01 will not work with the EU....get the EU and talk to sharif about what Blitz has to offer as far as boost controllers
I believe it does but in a limited capacity; boost controller only. Sharif can certainly expand on the limitations. I certainly hope Greddy comes out with a new e-01 that is completely compatible with EU.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:02 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

That correct. The current Profec e-01 doesnt interface with the EU as it did with the blue. It can still do boost control, and some basic logging, but there is no way to connect is to the EU. Greddy is working on a replacement for the e-01 that will be compatible with th EU, but its many months out..no ETA.

Todd, I assume you always had coolant tempt wired into your EU..correct? If so, maybe a connector of some kind was cut/disconnected when you removed your stock radiator fan?? Just a thought. I assume your coolant temp guage on the dash is working...correct?

Just make sure your temp sensor configuration wasnt accidentally changed in the EU parameters area.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:33 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged

Todd, I assume you always had coolant tempt wired into your EU..correct? If so, maybe a connector of some kind was cut/disconnected when you removed your stock radiator fan?? Just a thought. I assume your coolant temp guage on the dash is working...correct?

Just make sure your temp sensor configuration wasnt accidentally changed in the EU parameters area.
so, i just checked continuity between the coolant wire from the ecu (#39 i believe) and the corresponding pin on the emanage harness...wire is fine

then i started up the car and played with parameteres....for some reason, when the laptop first communicates with the EU, coolant temp was not displayed on the datalogging option, when i went into the "imput data" tab on the data logger, the "water temp" box was not highlighted, so i could not check it...before, the water temp would be checked and the datalogger would display realtime coolant temps...
so, i opened my last tune that i had saved...then exported the data...when going back to the datalogger, the "water temp" was still not displayed, but now, when i went into the "imput data" tab, the water temp option was highlighted...so i checked it, and now it displays coolant temp, likek it did before..

so, for some odd reason, the configuration changed...but now it is remedied
Old 10-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Glad it was an easy fix...maybe it was a laptop glitch or something.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:33 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

Do the diodes fix the problem with the EU blowing coils or can it still blow coils if you leave the key in the ignition too long?
Old 10-17-2005, 05:40 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by 35ounces
Do the diodes fix the problem with the EU blowing coils or can it still blow coils if you leave the key in the ignition too long?
No diodes needed or recommended with the EU. The coils can still be damaged if you leave the key in the on position, when the engine is not running. Greddy is also working on a fix for that.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:10 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

where is everyone mounting there EU?
Old 10-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Badmonkey

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
where is everyone mounting there EU?
Mine is mounted in the tray behind the pax seat, in the compartment, under the cover. Does any of that make sense? I extended the wires with 2 15 conductor cables.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:33 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

been noticing an odd problem since my EU install. Not entirely sure it's because of the EU, might be something totally different.

My dome lights don't work anymore - nothing.

also, I have a hypervoltage kit that normally has a blinking LED when it's hooked up to the battery. It's not blinking anymore.

Could this be because of the EU for some odd reason or does it sound like I blew some sort of auxillary fuse or something? I had an A/F gauge added and an oil temp gauge added. I'm using a hawker oddesey battery that's about 2 months brand new and have always gotten around 14 volts from it

I can just take it to the dealer. The car is under warrenty, but the timing on this is uncanny that it started happening the day I got my car back from the EU install. If the dealer figures it's something with the EU, then I'm gonna have to pay them for fixing it. I called Dynocomp and they say they didn't do anything that'd have anything to do with that stuff.

Last edited by sentry65; 10-17-2005 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:36 PM
Badmonkey

Sounds like a fuse, or something small like that.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:36 PM
sentry65
the burninator

ok pretty much think I figured out what it is, but I'm not 100% sure.

would someone mind looking at their fuse box and seeing if the 10 amp fuse called A/T Cont. is plugged in? Mine is missing. It's in the upper left section. 2nd from upper left.

sorry for the off topic...

Last edited by sentry65; 10-17-2005 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Badmonkey

Originally Posted by sentry65
ok pretty much think I figured out what it is, but I'm not 100% sure.

would someone mind looking at their fuse box and seeing if the 10 amp fuse called A/T Cont. is plugged in? Mine is missing. It's in the upper left section. 2nd from upper left.

sorry for the off topic...
I think that is for an Automatic Transmission car.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:50 PM
sentry65
the burninator

that's what I was thinking, but I can't find anything in the service manual that actually documents it. bah to the dealer I go.

Quick Reply: eManage Ulimate--Almost here..and MUCH IMPROVED!