Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

eManage Ulimate--Almost here..and MUCH IMPROVED!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 07:27 AM
spdkils

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by booger
My hard starting ....as with alot of the Guys...is with the bigger injector and return fuel system . When the car is warm and you shut it off and return to restart before it cools down . It will not start with out giving it some gas . And it also wants to die after it does start .So I have to keep it rev-ed up a little for a few seconds , then its fine and idles great . Would be nice to find the solution to it
Is it all SC guys? Or some turbo peeps as well?
Old 09-13-2005, 07:48 AM
Badmonkey

The install is pretty straight forward. Do yourself a favor and buy the Autosport harness, it will save a you a huge headache.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:51 AM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spdkils
Is it all SC guys? Or some turbo peeps as well?
Ive seen posts on just about every kit , SC, ST, TT have the problem. Has any one did an install of the UEM , with the hard start problem with bigger injectors and it solved this problem ?

Last edited by booger; 09-13-2005 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:16 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by 2JZfan
Shariff (or others),

I have heard some rumblings that so far everybody using a piggybacks (either e-manage, r4, etc.) has hot-start problems on occasion (ie. lots of cranking required, then rough running at first when it finally starts). Can you confirm/deny this and if it's true, can you comment on if it got any better/worse with the EU vs. the blue unit? Outside of this, can you enumerate _any_ lurking drivability issues that have not been able to be tuned away with the EU?

I'm obviously not expecting you to trash the e-manage, I'm just wondering if in fact it seems to be able to tune all aspects of drivability or if there a few things lacking that we hope will be addressed with future firmware.

Thanks,
Jeff
Hey Jeff, thanks for the question. The hard start people speak of occurs when the engine is warm, and running larger injectors and mostly return fuel systems. I have the same issue when I switch to a return system, as they tend to run slightly higher fuel pressure at the moment of crank...hard to explain...but the pressure builds for a moment...as vaccum is reduced. That, coupled with larger injectors (550cc) results in a momentary rich situation, that cannot be resolved with any of the piggybacks out there, as the engine is turning at aroun 200rpm until the engine comes to life.

I had the same issue with the Blue emanage and the new EU as well. It is not related to the engine management system. The workaround is either run lower fuel pressure, if you can....or just blip the throttle on warm start. Cold start fires right up, as you need a richer mixture to set of the flame.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:23 PM
booger

thanks Sharif....I read your explination before but with less detail on exactly what was happening . I just give it gas as I just start to turn it over and it pops right off . But I still get the P300 code
Old 09-13-2005, 05:13 PM
punish_her

Hey sharif, what do you sell the sport harness for? and does it connect all the features? I just bought the old harnes last night and I see this morning that there is a sport I could have bought. AW CRAP!!! more money goin out the window.

On the EU ultimate is stock setting good enough to bring engine to life and limp to tuner or have it do a rough self tune?
Old 09-13-2005, 08:21 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by punish_her
Hey sharif, what do you sell the sport harness for? and does it connect all the features? I just bought the old harnes last night and I see this morning that there is a sport I could have bought. AW CRAP!!! more money goin out the window.

On the EU ultimate is stock setting good enough to bring engine to life and limp to tuner or have it do a rough self tune?
The Autosport is a patch harness, so you still have to wire up the EU harnesses. It is far easier to do this on the color coded patch harness. They are $298 and I have them in stock, which you can order on the website under "Engine Management".

The basic parameters are enough to get the car started and running...gently to your tuner..no boost.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:24 PM
punish_her

cool thats what I was hoping you would say. now I don't have to do the aeromotive EFMU I'll just sell it localy.

off topic
with the RC 650 and stock rails do you need adapter clips. Gonna buy both now and I need em by Next tuesday.
thanks
hawaii mike

Last edited by punish_her; 09-13-2005 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:37 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by punish_her
cool thats what I was hoping you would say. now I don't have to do the aeromotive EFMU I'll just sell it localy.

off topic
with the RC 650 and stock rails do you need adapter clips. Gonna buy both now and I need em by Next tuesday.
thanks
hawaii mike
You will need the RC injector harness clips (also have in stock), if you are installing the RC650's and removing a stock set of injectors. You will also need the spacers (we include them with the RC injectors). And lastly, with a stock fuel rail, you will need to grind down the top area where the rail is welded....pretty easy to do.

Let me know if I can help!
Old 09-14-2005, 06:56 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

sharif- i know u posted this somewhere...and it is supposedly on the FAQ of the innovative web site...but what are the numbers used to configure the xd-1 so that it gives the same A/F reading through the e-manage ultimate?
Thanks again ..i looked for about 1/2 an hour through this thread, couldn't find it

TODD
Old 09-14-2005, 07:38 PM
Badmonkey

This thread has the Innovate numbers at the bottom.

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-induction/140603-emanage-ultimate-qs.html
Old 09-14-2005, 07:42 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by Badmonkey
This thread has the Innovate numbers at the bottom.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140603

thx man!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 12:07 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just to update on my situation, Sharif called me and said my EU is fine and his car fired right up with it.

The shop I went to redid 5 of the jumpers so that they were in the incorrect position and those had to be fixed first.

At this point I'm going to completely return my car to stock and have Sharif wire up an autosport harness for me
Old 09-15-2005, 12:20 PM
roncfpz

Good news and music to my ears after getting a "bad feeling" from my local shop, picking up my car and parts, and instead decided on having Sharif do it right the first time. Good luck!
Old 09-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by roncfpz
Good news and music to my ears after getting a "bad feeling" from my local shop, picking up my car and parts, and instead decided on having Sharif do it right the first time. Good luck!
Thanks everyone. Micheal, your EU also had no firware on it, as it was likely wiped out during your shop's attempt to hookup their laptop to the eManage. Corrected the jumpers, reloaded the firware, loaded my map and my car fired right up.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:52 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by sentry65
just to update on my situation, Sharif called me and said my EU is fine and his car fired right up with it.

The shop I went to redid 5 of the jumpers so that they were in the incorrect position and those had to be fixed first.

At this point I'm going to completely return my car to stock and have Sharif wire up an autosport harness for me
UNBELIEVABLE (actually, i do believe it )

well, things should go smoothly for you now
Old 09-15-2005, 06:35 PM
punish_her

just got my eu in the mail today. What position are the jumpers and dip switches supposed to be in? Checking the firware, thats just as easy as plugging it in via usb and checking?
Old 09-15-2005, 06:49 PM
Badmonkey

The jumpers should all be in the stock position. They are listed in the manual. The dip switches all depend on what you want them for. The manual explains them.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:48 PM
punish_her

I'm in the process of finding a good install manual. Mine is all in Japanese.

EDIT: Just wanted to ask a stupid question (asbestos suit on).
I found this site http://www.mohdparts.com/emanage/index.html and it lists an optional boost sensor for eu, do I need that or can I use the defi unit that I have. The confusion comes in because every time I click on all the optional sensors they take me to the E-manage blue. So yeah ... any one?

Again, excuse the stupidity. I'm use to adjusting jets and screws. not piggy backs.

Last edited by punish_her; 09-15-2005 at 08:09 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:40 PM
Badmonkey

The Greddy pressure sensor for the blue is the one that I used, it works fine. I don't think that the EU will read other outputs for pressure. The install manual is on MOHD's website. If you want to do A/F targeting, then you need another pressure sensor harness. The white wire is used as the input to the EU from your wideband controller.

Quick Reply: eManage Ulimate--Almost here..and MUCH IMPROVED!