Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Holly Crap!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 05:51 PM
ADMAN

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

I say: Screw what we say. Go out and hammer your car and enjoy the **** out of it...

I STILL HATE YOU!!!

Can't wait to get mine...
(APS TT Kit - APS TD Exhaust)
(APS Test Pipe - BS Tune)

And, a bunch of other stuff I should have gotten 36.1K miles ago!!!
Old 08-01-2005, 06:47 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by weslutes
I thought Brainstorm uses a load base dyno which produces lower #'s than a dynojet.
Your car may have had the highest stock block #'s.
My friend(has a PE TT 350Z) & I will cruise up there when we're done with our builds.
I'd like to contribute to the Z community,but I have a G35.

just FYI...a stock block APS TT Z made 511rwhp on 12psi...
Old 08-01-2005, 06:48 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by 1 2 NV
No, I didn't mean for it to sound like that. My whole point is the dyno that has been done is pretty pointless. I mean we are talking about the numbers being somewhere between 379 and 445. We are looking at almost 70 whp difference!! And just because other cars have done it doesn't mean a thing. Wait till you go on a dyno that works right. I am sure he is going to have awsome numbers but we will have to wait and see. There was obviously something wrong when you get a reading of 838 ft/lbs. Only time will tell.

ok..that makes sense..we'll just have to see what numbers his car makes on another dyno. My money is well over 400whp though
Old 08-01-2005, 07:47 PM
weslutes

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
just FYI...a stock block APS TT Z made 511rwhp on 12psi...

I was responding to him saying he made the most power at Brainstorm.
Brainstorm tuned the 540whp built TT350Z in Dsport mag.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:51 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

I was responding to him saying he made the most power at Brainstorm.
Brainstorm tuned the 540whp built TT350Z in Dsport mag.
gotcha
Old 08-02-2005, 04:15 AM
captj3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mrtomcat those are good #'s enjoy the car.Now this is the way it should have come from the factory.I have the same kit my #'s were 397/360 RWHP with test pies and stillen exhaust and this is untuned A/F of 10.0/1 from4k to red line.This was dyno jet #'s.I can't wait to see your track times.Happy boosting.

Last edited by captj3; 08-02-2005 at 04:18 AM.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:11 AM
weslutes

Originally Posted by captj3
mrtomcat those are good #'s enjoy the car.Now this is the way it should have come from the factory.I have the same kit my #'s were 397/360 RWHP with test pies and stillen exhaust and this is untuned A/F of 10.0/1 from4k to red line.This was dyno jet #'s.I can't wait to see your track times.Happy boosting.
Test pies huh, damn that must of given you at least 20hp.
Blueberry or cherry?
Old 08-02-2005, 11:45 AM
captj3

Test pies huh, damn that must of given you at least 20hp.
Blueberry or cherry?
More like 37hp/20tq and the response of the car is nite and day
Old 08-02-2005, 01:48 PM
bsp
Sponsor
Brainstorm Performance

Hey guys,

I'll try to shed some light on our dyno, but it's a little weird. Basically our dyno has two different options:

You can read from the wheels, or you can read from the engine with a calculated drivetrain loss. In most cases on our dyno, our horsepower numbers at the engine with drivetrain correction ON have seemed to be the most accurate and consistent when compared to say...a Dynojet.

Either way, we try to focus on our dynos strongest point, which is tuning. Since it is a load based dyno it is a lot more accurate for tuning. For reading horsepower, I would recommend using a Dynojet. I have already mentioned to mrtomcat that we would like to use his car and take it to do some power runs on a Dynojet, for comparison.

Please understand that all dynos are different, have strong points and weak points, and read differently from eachother. To some people, all that matters is dyno numbers. To other all that matters is timeslips from your local strip. To some all that matters is the good ol' butt dyno. In the end, as long as the customer is happy with the way their car performs, we can be happy and we are very satisfied with the results that mrtomcat's car ended up with.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:54 PM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by bsp
Hey guys,

I'll try to shed some light on our dyno, but it's a little weird. Basically our dyno has two different options:

You can read from the wheels, or you can read from the engine with a calculated drivetrain loss. In most cases on our dyno, our horsepower numbers at the engine with drivetrain correction ON have seemed to be the most accurate and consistent when compared to say...a Dynojet.

Either way, we try to focus on our dynos strongest point, which is tuning. Since it is a load based dyno it is a lot more accurate for tuning. For reading horsepower, I would recommend using a Dynojet. I have already mentioned to mrtomcat that we would like to use his car and take it to do some power runs on a Dynojet, for comparison.

Please understand that all dynos are different, have strong points and weak points, and read differently from eachother. To some people, all that matters is dyno numbers. To other all that matters is timeslips from your local strip. To some all that matters is the good ol' butt dyno. In the end, as long as the customer is happy with the way their car performs, we can be happy and we are very satisfied with the results that mrtomcat's car ended up with.
and so am I

thanks Christian for clearing this up.